Become a Patron!

MOD ranges and coil compatibility

I just ordered an Aspire CF MOD. It's just the MOD, no tank. So I was just going to use the tanks off of the Smok Alien 220w TC and/or Stick V8. The Alien had a baby beast, and the V8 came with the Big Baby. I believe that's right anyway. I also have a Kaees Solomon RDTA. I'm hoping they will all work fine with the CF MOD. Another poster offered the adice "stick with coils or rebuilds in the rdta which are in the range that the aspire will function with."

So my question to you guys is how do I determine the ranges of the coils, as well as the range of the MOD? Am I to look at wattages or Ohms? I don't want to be an exploder. (Yes, I'm still learning :) )

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No coils under .5 ohms resistance will work on that mod. I have 2.
And it's max wattage is around 30W.
I may be remembering wrong though, but think I am correct.
So the Beast style of tanks will not work so well I think.

And Welcome to VU.

So I gather it's volts, Ohms, and Wattage? So if I look at a coil (or the box), all I usually see is the Ohms. On the Smok coils I've had, it also has the Watt range scribed onto it. But would I usually know the wattage? Voltage to me, implies the battery output. And I'm assuming that won't be a safety factor. Right?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mod under discussion puts out basically straight battery voltage which is 4.2 volts for a fully charged 18650.
The output voltage will drop as the battery discharges.
The ohms is the resistance of your coil heating elements.
Watts is how much power/heat is being dissipated in your coil. This is a combination of the resistance of your coil and the level of the voltage voltage being applied to it.

Basically you mod is made for Tobecco Super tanks, Nautilus, Subtank Mini and other similar lower wattage tanks.

I recommend using googlefu and studying up on Ohms law.
Both for safety reasons and so you can better understand how your vape works and better understanding will lead to more enjoyment of your vape and better selection of vaping devices, etc to best fit your vaping style.

Great. I will do that then, study up on Ohms law. First and foremost, I want to be safe. More enjoyment of my vaping is golden too. Thanks for the help!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great. I will do that then, study up on Ohms law. First and foremost, I want to be safe. More enjoyment of my vaping is golden too. Thanks for the help!!
Ohh the CF mod should be safe with the built in protections. It may just not do what you want it to do.
Beastie type tanks seem to work best with a regulated mod of at least 100 watts capacity. 150+ watts is better.

Always use good Sony LG or Samsung batteries of at least 20 amp CDR.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
your coils need to b e .5 ohms or above for this mod
but that dont mean it will work well
it can only output 30 watts many .5 coils suck IMHO at 30 watts. for you rdta build ismple coils in the .7-1 ohm range and that may work fine for you. it depends on how you vape and what you like.

If im understanding all the coil options for the tanks you have, the Q2 is the only one that is above .5, it is .6 and MAY be ok for you depending on how you vape but it may be quite anemic

VU Sponsors