Become a Patron!

Mod troubles? Please help.

I have a fuhattan and a tugboat box mod using an authentic mutation x v4 and always go for a 5 wrap 20 gauge ohm at 0.14. The problem I'm having is the fuhattan doesn't like to fire at times and the out put seems very weak . I'm using imren max 40A 3000mah batteries and on the tugboat it works great but the fuhattan started strong now is weaker. And the magnetic button sparks a little bit . Any insight?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well a sparking mod is bad; and, those are not 40a batteries- not even close
EZkhDzO.jpg

I would advise that you not use it until someone can help you figure it out. My first instinct is that you should CLEAN the mod and contacts, check the insulators, and get some GOOD batteries.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea, that Imren is not a 40 amp battery @3000 Mah. Get a VTC4 or other true 30 amp battery and build up to .17. Clean the contacts and switch on the fuhatten. I have a feeling you have overdischarged your battery and now have a large internal resistance built up in the battery itself. I'd stop using it, and get a better battery

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am moving this to mechanicals, there should be someone there good with mechanical mods

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed on the cleaning and getting better batteries (and a good charger, if you don't have one). Also, sparking is never, ever good...

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The performance of magnetic switches gets worse and worse over time as the shaft/bore clearance increases from wear. It's even worse when they're dirty. Even worse when you use batteries that aren't suitable for your build. If a proper cleaning and batteries don't fix it you may need to consider switching to a spring. I personally won't use magnetic buttons in tubes. Others may disagree, but a clean switch with a proper spring, a PROPER spring, is by design more reliable than magnetic switches that rely on shaft-bore contact only for closing the circuit.

Firstly, do what others said. Clean your stuff and get non rewrapped batteries that don't lie about specs.

Probably not. To be honest, most people that come here with mech problems they can't solve themselves usually shouldn't be using one to begin with.
Hey man that's cool you have an opinion. I just started getting in to vaping and had a question. I'm sure you have had a question before . I appreciate all the answers and have cleaned, changed build, and have ordered new batteries.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man that's cool you have an opinion. I just started getting in to vaping and had a question. I'm sure you have had a question before . I appreciate all the answers and have cleaned, changed build, and have ordered new batteries.
Trust me, most of us are glad you asked your question instead of blowing your face off by remaining in the dark. It still might not be a bad idea to look into a regulated mod - they'll deliver more power more consistently and much more safely than a mech ever will.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Use Steam Engine. Plug in your parameters and see the results. Just by using this calculator, you will get to understand the entire process quickly.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was a general statement. Assume it applies to you if you want and completely ignore my helpful post. That's fine.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They gave you good advice. You have probably more then one issue in front of you.
Your battery is shitty, magnetic switch on fuhattan can be tricky depends who made a clone, probably dirty too, and you are building very low knowing that you have shitty battery and non property operating mod. That all together will suck the life out of that shitty battery in no time.
I have a hard time seeing that you will enjoy a .14 build in a tube of unknown quality that is driven by a shit battery.
Some kind of regulated mod would probably serve you better.
Or you can use Ohms law to determine you build/battery combo and if you can incorporate strong points of your top end (RDA/RBA/RTA) into it, you may find something that you will like.
Personally I would not build that low on a clone tube with magnetic switch. Too much shit to go wrong, I am too old for that. I like to vape peacefully without switching the battery every 15 min.
Building on unregulated tube is like reloading ammo, it is very satisfactory but it can get complicated and frustrating if you don't know what are you getting into. Never had a Tugboat box, so can't say anything about it.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors