Become a Patron!

MOD with DNA features

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Everyone,

I have Istick Pico 75 and installed Arcticfox firmware, which gives me a lot of features like preheat and improved TC setting and smart profile setting.

However I want to upgrade to mod with 2 18650 batteries and can have the DNA same features.

I know the best to buy DNA mod, but DNA mods here are very expensive.

So what is the alternative?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, you could buy a double battery mod that is compatible with Articfox. Those mods are usually a lot cheaper than a DNA device. I have a RX 2/3 running Articfox. Look at the compatible devices and research some of them.

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is the list, I still had it from sending to someone else.
Joyetech:

• VTC Mini, VTC Dual, VTwo Mini, VTwo, AIO, Basic;
  • Primo, Primo 2.0, Primo Mini, Primo Mini SE;
  • eGrip II / Light;
  • Cuboid, Cuboid Mini, Cuboid 200;
Wismec:

• Presa TC75W, Presa TC100W;
  • RX75, RX200, RX200S, RX300, RX2/3, RXmini, RX GEN3, Predator;
  • Sinuous P80;
Eleaf:

• iStick TC100W, iStick TC200W, iStick QC 200W, iStick Power 80W;
  • Pico 75W, Pico Mega, Pico Dual, Pico RDTA, Pico 25;
  • Aster;
Co-branding:

• Vaporflask: Classic, Lite, Stout;
  • Beyondvape Centurion;
  • La Petite Box;
  • Vapor Shark SwitchBox RX;

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello, you could buy a double battery mod that is compatible with Articfox. Those mods are usually a lot cheaper than a DNA device. I have a RX 2/3 running Articfox. Look at the compatible devices and research some of them.
I'm worried about Wismic mods as I hear they are reported to have many problems with center pin and magnetic door.
How long have you been using it?

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have had mine for about 6 months. I only use at home, I would say it gets light use. I understand the concern.

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
people say the voopoo drag is DNA-ish..I've had mine for two weeks and really couldn't tell you as I just use basic wattage mode. But people say they're comparable..decent price on the Drag too! Maybe look into it.

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
people say the voopoo drag is DNA-ish..I've had mine for two weeks and really couldn't tell you as I just use basic wattage mode. But people say they're comparable..decent price on the Drag too! Maybe look into it.
Does have a preheat option, did you use it in TC mode, what is your experience overall with it?

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does have a preheat option, did you use it in TC mode, what is your experience overall with it?
Like I said just basic wattage mode for me..I'm assuming It has all the bells and whistles you would want. Definitely check out some youtube vids on it as my experience is REALLY LIMITED.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Everyone,

I have Istick Pico 75 and installed Arcticfox firmware, which gives me a lot of features like preheat and improved TC setting and smart profile setting.

However I want to upgrade to mod with 2 18650 batteries and can have the DNA same features.

That's a great list upthread of the various JT/Eleaf/Wismec lines... lots to choose from.

Arctic Fox got me to put my Eleaf TC100s back in the rotation.
I've never had any trouble with them (unlike my early Reuleaux) and with its power bump to 120 watts, that's as much as I want from two 18650s (all of mine are 20A)

If you're using the Pico with 75 max, that might be a less often considered contender... and they've got to be stupid cheap by now. :D

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a great list upthread of the various JT/Eleaf/Wismec lines... lots to choose from.

Arctic Fox got me to put my Eleaf TC100s back in the rotation.
I've never had any trouble with them (unlike my early Reuleaux) and with its power bump to 120 watts, that's as much as I want from two 18650s (all of mine are 20A)

If you're using the Pico with 75 max, that might be a less often considered contender... and they've got to be stupid cheap by now. :D
The idea is I want the liberty to go beyond 75w and also the not limited to 1 18560 battery, as once got go for higher wattage it drains battery

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Smoant mods do a good job with tc.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the revenger mod is supposed to be pretty solid. It has temp and power curves and things that can be set. I think it was Anthony who pointed out shortcomings with the voopoo drag in temp control on lower resistance builds like around the .1 to .15 range being limited to something like 40w of power and the ramp up taking forever and a day.

This was a quote from one of Anthony's written reviews on the drag - "The one drawback though is the 80 watts limit which it won’t even reach with really low ohms. When you drop down below the .2ohm with large fancy coils, the watts never went over 45 watts. Meaning ramp up was non existent and took forever."
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...apes-voopoo-drag-review-and-tech-test.805911/

Not sure if the link is problematic or not, hate linking to other forums but don't like to throw out quoted stuff without source links.

In a similar review the revenger he said had a 100w limitation in temp control and didn't always protect against dry hits at high temps but it didn't sag to 45w.

There was a sale on the hohm wrecker g2's with the fsk chip. It's supposed to have a lot of settings and controls but can be tricky getting it all set up properly from the lengthy discussions I've seen. Roughly $40 for the g2 here.
http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-g2-hohm-wrecker-171w-temperature-control-box-mod.html

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think the revenger mod is supposed to be pretty solid. It has temp and power curves and things that can be set. I think it was Anthony who pointed out shortcomings with the voopoo drag in temp control on lower resistance builds like around the .1 to .15 range being limited to something like 40w of power and the ramp up taking forever and a day.

This was a quote from one of Anthony's written reviews on the drag - "The one drawback though is the 80 watts limit which it won’t even reach with really low ohms. When you drop down below the .2ohm with large fancy coils, the watts never went over 45 watts. Meaning ramp up was non existent and took forever."
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...apes-voopoo-drag-review-and-tech-test.805911/

Not sure if the link is problematic or not, hate linking to other forums but don't like to throw out quoted stuff without source links.

In a similar review the revenger he said had a 100w limitation in temp control and didn't always protect against dry hits at high temps but it didn't sag to 45w.

There was a sale on the hohm wrecker g2's with the fsk chip. It's supposed to have a lot of settings and controls but can be tricky getting it all set up properly from the lengthy discussions I've seen. Roughly $40 for the g2 here.
http://www.vaporcube.com/h-wrecker-g2-hohm-wrecker-171w-temperature-control-box-mod.html
Thanks a lot for rich informative reply

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Everyone,

While I own many DNA (75, 200, 250) mods and a few YiHi, recently I have been favoring three mods.
Tesla Wye, Aspire Speeder, Asmodus Reborn.
All do TC well, I only vape SS430 so need TCR settings and they all do as well as my DNAs.
Resistance is dead on with any of them, power, I don't know about as I am a 45-60W vaper, but they all do have higher capability.
Battery life is excellent on all of these as well, I run more juice for a pair of batteries than on any of my DNA or YiHi.
The Aspire Speeder is the only one of the three that has a power curve mode. The others may have something similar, but as I am a TC only vaper, haven't checked. I'd guess all would be excellent in power mode.
All three have great build quality, all have nice 510 decks. All are greatly different in the look and hand feel.

As a DNA guy, I would highly recommend any of these for you.

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
While I own many DNA (75, 200, 250) mods and a few YiHi, recently I have been favoring three mods.
Tesla Wye, Aspire Speeder, Asmodus Reborn.
All do TC well, I only vape SS430 so need TCR settings and they all do as well as my DNAs.
Resistance is dead on with any of them, power, I don't know about as I am a 45-60W vaper, but they all do have higher capability.
Battery life is excellent on all of these as well, I run more juice for a pair of batteries than on any of my DNA or YiHi.
The Aspire Speeder is the only one of the three that has a power curve mode. The others may have something similar, but as I am a TC only vaper, haven't checked. I'd guess all would be excellent in power mode.
All three have great build quality, all have nice 510 decks. All are greatly different in the look and hand feel.

As a DNA guy, I would highly recommend any of these for you.
Do you use RTA/RDA tanks, I have seen Tesla Wye broke down because of leaking from rebuild tanks and liquid is easily go over fire button and into chip.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you want the features of the evolve or AF then the Joyetech chipped mods are it. The Smoant mods do TC really well and the Voopoo drag also works well in TC but the software is very limited in what you can do. Both have pre-heat settings. I use SS316L.
Nothing beats a DNA for accuracy and smoothness.(only my opinion) For a simple to set up TC mod I'd go with the Battlestar.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you use RTA/RDA tanks, I have seen Tesla Wye broke down because of leaking from rebuild tanks and liquid is easily go over fire button and into chip.

I have a number of tanks, but my favorites are the Steam Crave Supreme V2 and the Plus.
I have no idea how waterproof the Wye or any other mod is. I rarely have a leak and if I do, it's a small one and easily wiped.

mn047

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a number of tanks, but my favorites are the Steam Crave Supreme V2 and the Plus.
I have no idea how waterproof the Wye or any other mod is. I rarely have a leak and if I do, it's a small one and easily wiped.
Thanks

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Reuleaux RX2/3 is what I highly recommend IF you can take the risk of having to disassemble the mod and re-solder (and replace) the wiring inside the mod, possibly even having to replace the 510 connector of the mod. DJLsb Vapes has shown in his video review of the mod on YouTube how to do it (see video linked below). From that same video, it can clearly be seen the mod is designed in such a way that disassembling/re-assembling it is actually a lot easier compared with other mods in the same price range so with these other mods you run the risk of not being able to repair stuff so easily─or not at all. As for TC mode, I do not recommend the RX2/3 as there are other mods from other brands that will simply do a better job at TC. So the main reason why I recommend the RX2/3 is... ArcticFox. Use the mod in power mode. Set the Preheat Type (in ArcticFox) to 'Curve'. Edit the power curves to your heart's content, and, as a direct result, witness a solid improvement in the flavor... especially if you, like me, like to use fairly bigger (from time to time anyway) coil builds in an RBA.

Preheat requires additional power from the mod. Not only the batteries will drain faster, but also the preheat will─despite it will be still enabled in the settings the way you left it─vanish LONG BEFORE the batteries run on empty. Meaning, the capability to install a third battery in the mod is a HUGE bonus... I actually even prefer the RX300 over the RX2/3 mainly because ArcticFox drops the preheat showing 'Weak Battery' message even when the batteries are not yet close to being depleted. (I chain vape a lot, so it happens even faster still.)

Code:
https://youtu.be/hgERfhj_UHI?t=1916

VU Sponsors