Become a Patron!

Modfather rda, wtf.....

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I ordered a modfather rda fr voltrov.com same company that sells the large rdta.

Ok cool wait all do get off work throw in some aliens and its reading 0.80ohms.

I think and realize it's a series deck. But it is supposed to come with the parts to remove the center piece to make it a big velocity deck. So I look through the box, theres a squank pin and plate.....wait....what why.....? Wheres the parts that are supposed to come with it. Im so mad the rda is back in the box and I blew off hard earned $.

Should I hit up voltrov or modfather company?

In case your wondering heres a detailed video on what it comes with and how to make it a velocity deck so you can subohm.

Video:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It should have a postless and velocity deck, no series in the package....somebody fucked up.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would go to Modfather Inc on farce-book, they are quick to answer questions.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It should have a postless and velocity deck, no series in the package....somebody fucked up.

The deck is setup from factory where when u install say .20 coils it will run them in series.... .40ohm.

Now in a small bag is supposed to be a flat plate a screw and tiny insulator. You remove the 510, center part of deck and add the plate screw and insulator. You now have a very wide deck. But mine came with a squank setup. Btw there are two modfather rda floating around one has the original stuff and the other is a squank setup.

I dont have a Facebook.

Ill snap a pic of the squank thing im talking about

ef3fb98f1db7abd3dfc5853087975a0e.jpg
652305b27a0aa3a330845ab35f6a0187.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unbelievable, especially when it would be impossible to squonk with a modfather.

I have 8 modfathers, they all came with the velocity and postless decks....I bought a few series decks but gave them away.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who did you buy this from?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You sure it's not a clone?

Brad Mitchell

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could be mistaken but I think the rda is a series only deck. Never heard of it being a normal 2 post system.

Edit: I looked up the rda and apparently it is suppose to come with a plate to convert to a parallel post like you said. Contact voltrove.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could be mistaken but I think the rda is a series only deck. Never heard of it being a normal 2 post system.

Edit: I looked up the rda and apparently it is suppose to come with a plate to convert to a parallel post like you said. Contact voltrove.
I guess there are newer rdas now seeing how all the videos or two years old give or take. But modfather.com offers them with the original parts where as voltrove.com, even eBay sellers are selling the newer style.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a series deck, remove the 510 pin the center post will come out. You will then have a plate, there are no Velocity posts to put in, it's a very wide dual post if you remove the neutral post in the center.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's a series deck, remove the 510 pin the center post will come out. You will then have a plate, there are no Velocity posts to put in, it's a very wide dual post if you remove the neutral post in the center.
According to modfather and videos there are another set of parts to keep the center post out.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea!

OK, yeah get in touch with their support, I had issues with the glass cap on both of mine. They took care of it without a problem, if you're on FB they also have Modfather group that you can PM them.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, yeah get in touch with their support, I had issues with the glass cap on both of mine. They took care of it without a problem, if you're on FB they also have Modfather group that you can PM them.
Sent u a pm

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got in touch with voltrove.
Looks like I can run the squank pin and plate and it shouldnt leak. Ive swapped out the center post for the squank and so far no leaking. Running some small n80 aliens for now, coming in at 0.20. Working great so far!
73facb7fcbe35152e799ef197aaa32b8.jpg

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bah! Took a nap this afternoon to find my sx mini g class filled with juice thanks to the modfather leaking from the squawk pin which I was told wouldn't leak. I had to take apart my g class and get it all out. The new style mod father rda is shit without the parts needed to make it a two post deck, series is a joke. Moving on to better things.

Buyer beware
New style modfather rda DO NOT come with the parts needed to remove the neutral post!

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Bah! Took a nap this afternoon to find my sx mini g class filled with juice thanks to the modfather leaking from the squawk pin which I was told wouldn't leak. I had to take apart my g class and get it all out. The new style mod father rda is shit without the parts needed to make it a two post deck, series is a joke. Moving on to better things.

Buyer beware
New style modfather rda DO NOT come with the parts needed to remove the neutral post!

Who told you a squonk pin wouldn't leak? A squonk pink is a hole that goes from the deck down through the 510 pin. It's made to have eliquid go through it. If you can see light through the pin of course juice will flow down through it.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's really meant to be a Series RDA and it works brilliantly as one.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who told you a squonk pin wouldn't leak? A squonk pink is a hole that goes from the deck down through the 510 pin. It's made to have eliquid go through it. If you can see light through the pin of course juice will flow down through it.
It's really meant to be a Series RDA and it works brilliantly as one.

Straight from voltrove.com
Said I can remove the center post add the squank pin snd plate and use it on a normal mod. Yea the rda is really a series rda but also can be used is a non series rda

See screenshot
d0a6fabfcf043c3f11418eede19cae9e.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

This ^^ perhaps they though the 510 pin would block it o_O

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Casnvape if you want a great 2 post 30mm RDA pick up a Mason Gemini 2 30mm from vapergate.com.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
So I ordered a modfather rda fr voltrov.com same company that sells the large rdta.

Ok cool wait all do get off work throw in some aliens and its reading 0.80ohms.

I think and realize it's a series deck. But it is supposed to come with the parts to remove the center piece to make it a big velocity deck. So I look through the box, theres a squank pin and plate.....wait....what why.....? Wheres the parts that are supposed to come with it. Im so mad the rda is back in the box and I blew off hard earned $.

Should I hit up voltrov or modfather company?

In case your wondering heres a detailed video on what it comes with and how to make it a velocity deck so you can subohm.

Video:

At least you received your item.
I placed an order through Modfather on March 2nd
As of the 15th it still has not shipped.
I've emailed 5 times and called and left 4 messages within the last 2 weeks with no response at all.
However my money was withdrawn on the 3rd.
Starting to get very pissed off
I understand if there is a family emergency or whatever. I won't mind the wait.
But not responding to your customers at all is not a way to run a business.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
At least you received your item.
I placed an order through Modfather on March 2nd
As of the 15th it still has not shipped.
I've emailed 5 times and called and left 4 messages within the last 2 weeks with no response at all.
However my money was withdrawn on the 3rd.
Starting to get very pissed off
I understand if there is a family emergency or whatever. I won't mind the wait.
But not responding to your customers at all is not a way to run a business.
Problem solved with Modfather on the 17th.
Said he was busy. Order shipped.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The deck is setup from factory where when u install say .20 coils it will run them in series.... .40ohm.

Now in a small bag is supposed to be a flat plate a screw and tiny insulator. You remove the 510, center part of deck and add the plate screw and insulator. You now have a very wide deck. But mine came with a squank setup. Btw there are two modfather rda floating around one has the original stuff and the other is a s

ef3fb98f1db7abd3dfc5853087975a0e.jpg
652305b27a0aa3a330845ab35f6a0187.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got in touch with voltrove.
Looks like I can run the squank pin and plate and it shouldnt leak. Ive swapped out the center post for the squank and so far no leaking. Running some small n80 aliens for now, coming in at 0.20. Working great so far!
73facb7fcbe35152e799ef197aaa32b8.jpg

I just got 2 of them from Voltrove last week and I see what you are talking about.
That pin does leak a little.
However I fixed that issue. I took a .040 drill bit ,and a small hammer and tapped the smooth end of the bit into the hole in the 510.
Do this on a piece of wood. You won't damage the screw this way and wear some safety glasses. The bit is brittle and will snap if you don't hit it squarely.
Then snip the ends of the bit off. Take your flatblade screwdriver or small punch and tap the remaining part so you can access the slot in the screw.
It's a snug fit and it won't leak anymore. Using mine for 4 days and still no leak.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got 2 of them from Voltrove last week and I see what you are talking about.
That pin does leak a little.
However I fixed that issue. I took a .040 drill bit ,and a small hammer and tapped the smooth end of the bit into the hole in the 510.
Do this on a piece of wood. You won't damage the screw this way and wear some safety glasses. The bit is brittle and will snap if you don't hit it squarely.
Then snip the ends of the bit off. Take your flatblade screwdriver or small punch and tap the remaining part so you can access the slot in the screw.
It's a snug fit and it won't leak anymore. Using mine for 4 days and still no leak.
I just left the plate off, and the 510 pin holds the juice fine. But I dont like the rda airflow is too smooth lol so its going to get sold if someone wants it

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I only have my airflow at about 50%. I don't much care for the series deck either.
That's why I took the center out of mine.
It was a good price for them though. $30 each was a steal.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where the Modfather RDA shines is the series deck for you can put some nice fatty SS fused Claptons and more elaborate coils in and vape on a series Mod with 8+volts. That is what she was designed for and does one hell of a job at it. Personally I've never even bothered with the parallel configuration for there are better RDA'S out there for that.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Where the Modfather RDA shines is the series deck for you can put some nice fatty SS fused Claptons and more elaborate coils in and vape on a series Mod with 8+volts. That is what she was designed for and does one hell of a job at it. Personally I've never even bothered with the parallel configuration for there are better RDA'S out there for that.

Yes I agree. At the moment am still learning to build the series deck.
Tried 3mm 26x40 8 wrap fused claptons in series last night and they came out at 1.3.
The only mod that would really hit it was my Limitless Lux at 215w.
Still have to learn on it.
Got plenty of wire!
Ordered a V2 Revolver from Dragons Den. Always wanted one.
Glad I waited because the V2's operate much better than the original.
Maybe i'll try it on that once I get my resistance right

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I agree. At the moment am still learning to build the series deck.
Tried 3mm 26x40 8 wrap fused claptons in series last night and they came out at 1.3.
The only mod that would really hit it was my Limitless Lux at 215w.
Still have to learn on it.
Got plenty of wire!
Ordered a V2 Revolver from Dragons Den. Always wanted one.
Glad I waited because the V2's operate much better than the original.
Maybe i'll try it on that once I get my resistance right
Me I use around a 24x2/38 SS fused Claptons with a 4mm di on my HOG V3.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I flip the chamber around which cuts the air flow in half and then use the cap to cut it down a bit more.

VU Sponsors