Become a Patron!

Modifying a CE5 for fun!

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So since I've gotten my mini pt3, I have no use for my CE5 anymore. It actually seems like a waste of wick and juice to use since I've started using bottom coils.

I'm going to propose this idea, and if you guys think it would work I will try it out and post the results...
I want to make my CE5 a bottom coil clearo. I thought perhaps I could cut the tube and center post off, and then solder the head theading portion onto the stump of the cut down tube with a shortened center post inside. I'd then take the portion of tubing that was cut off and glue it between the tip and the rubber part of the atomizer head.

Sound like it would work?

By the way, I am aware they probably sell bottom coil versions of the CE5 already, but this is just to have fun with the gear I already have.

Now please, I will ask you to refrain from calling me an idiot for trying to modify a cheap clearo. I know CE5s are outdated and useless. I only want to try this for fun, not practicality. But hey, why not try to make this? If it works then my back up tank will only be a better one.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
IMHO.... CE5's are a dime a dozen... not worth the hassle... but have a blast!

VU Sponsors