Become a Patron!

mods vs vw, which is best for a starter to RBA?

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have just got a kayfun 3.1 es from ebay. I have not used it yet. I have noticed that alot of people use mechmods with RDA's. So, I was wondering why that was? Does it matter if it is a mod or a vv/vw ? Also what would be the difference? Thanks!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mechanical mods are not adjustable they vary output based up on the voltage of the battery .. they start out at 4.2 volts and slowly drop
Mech mods do not have an amp limit and dump the voltage and amperage right to the RBA, RDA Atomizer etc..any amp limit is based upon the prformance of your battery many of us like 30amp and higher continous output on the higher wattage mods (DNA's, YIHI etc there are many)
I myself do not use my Mech mods as much anymore since most people who build their own coils etc like a lower ohm coil you either use a Mech
or you use a DNA 20 or DNA30 or a YIHI 35 or50watt or many other devices that can put out the required amps.. The nice thing about VV/VW mods is they hold voltage and are not affected by battery drop they are basically a Voltage step up or down device based upon the Mod you have.. I would suggest doing some research on the Mech mods DNA30's etc and hang out in the builders corner etc to get an idea of what others are doing using. :)

Mtlblade

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
a kayfun is a great rta that can be built to perform well with ether a mechanical mod or a vv/vw mod. put a 1.2 to 1.4 ohm coil and it will work well on ether devise. people like to run mechanical mods with dripping atomizers so that they can build low sub ohm coils and not be limited bye the limits of the vv/vw device

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have just got a kayfun 3.1 es from ebay. I have not used it yet. I have noticed that alot of people use mechmods with RDA's. So, I was wondering why that was? Does it matter if it is a mod or a vv/vw ? Also what would be the difference? Thanks!

Great question.

Me, I vastly prefer VW mods where I can set it to my own liking for the E-Liqud I am enjoying at the moment.

VW devise let you set things to where you like them.

Mechs are all or nothing and come on at full blast. Nothing in between.

And IMHO, the Kayfuns are really easy to build!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after all my research, I wont be buying a mech mod, VWVV for me all the way. Longer battery life, controlled amp output, most come with a warranty, reliable companies and professional looking. Im not into the sub ohm builds, so personally not worth the hassle of getting into the mechie stuff. I vape all day long, ALL DAY LONG, changing batteries every two hours would be a pain in my ass. I have to many chores to do all day to worry about that. For those who like sub ohm, there are VVVW boxes that can perform for them now as well.

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think I understand now why I fromed an opinion about mech mods and rta/rba's, and someone touched on that, thanks!. I see some around where I work ( mostly showing off ) and most must be drippers ( I think ) and not like kayfuns. I dont know the difference yet just by looking, but I can spot a innokin, aspire or kanger from across the room. :p

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you to everyones input. I have done my first build with provided wire and wick. At 2.7 ohm on a vamo this is outstanding! This is not as hard as I thought! Now if my 30w ana box will hurry and get get here....:) Thanks again and Later!

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used the Vamo for a long time, and never got into using my mech mod. My first RDA was an IGO-L and Kamry K100. I liked the RDA and that got me started in rebuilding. Recently got a cloupor DNA 30 and that was a worthwhile upgrade over the Vamo. I have built low ohm dual coils and still prefer the cloupor with a single coil around 2.0 ohms.

Were you able to build the kayfun right on the 1st try? Which ebay seller was it if you did?!?!

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well travanx I have a ana 30w DNA box mod on the way, and I hope that helps. Because right now at 10w and vamo v5 is kicking my butt. Now my first vamo I sold to a friend because I got a VTR. Then my VTR went nuts and got a second vamo...for the time being. So now the top part is loose and will come out, and the one I sold still works like a charm. Go figure! So One day I got tired of Kangers and Aspires and decided to start rebuilding. I got my kayfun from shadowlord28, still in a plastic wrapped box. Washed it up sit down to build it....this is alot smaller than it seemed on videos. :p It came with 2 pre-rolled single strand wicks. I put one on...7.7 ohms...undid a wrap tried again....4.8 ohms....undid a wrap tried again....2.7 ohms. I can live with that. Been happy with it ever since, which has been 2 days now. LOL! So now to find some wire, something besides this glass wick, I think that is what it is, fill bottles and a black kayfun I seen...then the fun begins! ;-)

VU Sponsors