Mods you love and hate?

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by Misfit47, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Misfit47

Misfit47 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Mine is a kangertech k1. Compact, fires fast. My troll v2 is a perfect fit. Fits hand great, love it for most part.
    What I hate. Auto fires! Think I've got it figured out what's causing it. If battery is too tight, it presses up on 510 causing the short resulting in auto firing. Still annoying and semi dangerous though. One day I'll take it apart and figure out a permanent fix.
    It's got a dna 75w chip, was quite a bargain before it started going nuts. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, auto-firing is a bitch.....:)

I think I'd toss anything doing that tho.

KingPin! and AndriaD like this.
  3. choderfett

choderfett Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Isn’t auto firing pretty dangerous? Fire hazard?

4. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I love my Minibooks; I've got 4 -- red, black, and 2 white -- and I hope they all last a nice long time. the size, shape, and weight are perfect for me, and I love the opening-book battery door too. :) I would probably love my herd of Coolfire IV's equally, if only I could adjust their wattage by .1 instead of .5 -- .5 makes a big diff when you vape at less than 10w! aAnd the 2 CF4's I have that were upgrades from the originals, a red and a blue CF4 75w-TC-18650s -- don't have a USB port at all, so no emergency charging if you find yourself out with a dead battery and no spares handy -- so those don't leave the house.

The ones I hate are my iPV Minis, the originals with 30w. I love their looks, size, and shape -- I wrapped both of mine when their crappy paint started looking shitty -- but the damn battery doors on those mods are just total shit; my blue one, I've managed to strip either the cap's threads or those inside the battery tube -- I'm hoping the former and that I can find some replacement batt caps for those. I always try to leave the battery in those, and charge via USB, just because of that problem with the threads, but sometimes you gotta swap out the battery so it can be charged properly in a real charger.

Andria

Misfit47 likes this.
  5. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Vt133's I picked up here on VU continue to be excellent - once I stripped out most of the weird programming. DNA200 boards, 2x18650 - win. (Looks like Eciggity still sells these)

The SXmini M-class, again VU, with an sx350J board is another winner - I lug it each day for the drives to/from work and little breaks. Win.

The GBox 200, well - the 510 nut gets loose.. The batteries sometimes need to be jammed in&out a few times, (I think the door is getting loose).. Great little squonker once you mod the cover/bottle.

The old Istick 100w and TC100W are in the PIF-bag for newbs or loaners - still trucking. I like their battery-doors far better than the flip/latch lid of the Gbox.

The old Pico 75 was PIF'd and, alas: the new owner proceeded to drop it several times too many - the 510 broke loose of the housing. He went back to his cigs, (which he preferred anyway). Can't save them all.

6. AndriaD

AndriaD Shine on, you crazy... VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I absolutely pined for an SX Mini M class, and finally found one for real cheap here from a user... and I even managed to upgrade its ROM... but I can't really like it, for 2 reasons: the excessive weight, and the sharp edges on the bottom. It stays in the drawer most of the time.

Andria

7. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I just got a benecig killer in the mail. It was only $38 off of 3fvape. Got a vandy vape pyro 24 on top with a dual coil 4mm id .11 ohm build

[​IMG]