Become a Patron!

Month old Smok T-Priv not working

HELP please, my Smok T-priv went dead last night & now it won't charge? I'm new to the mod life, have only used pen vapes before.

Thanks

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Can you not charge batteries externally either? Pretty sure the T-Priv uses 18650’s. Could pick up a decent charger (Xtar and nitecore do decent chargers for about 25bucks ....I’d always advise charging outside of the mod anyway regardless of what mod you choose (those that aren’t internal battery mods) very few do a good job of it.

Also have you even had any leaks go over the mod itself, I’ve read before the mod doesn’t fare well with leaking tanks on it.

if it’s within 3month warranty have you tried taking it back? If I were you I’d avoid smok mods entirely just do a quick search and you’ll see issue upon issue lately with thier stuff

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’d always advise charging outside of the mod anyway regardless of what mod you choose (those that aren’t internal battery mods) very few do a good job of it.

I concur with this advice. It was one of the first bits of advice I read when looking to move to mechanical mods, "charge with a charger".

If I were you I’d avoid smok mods entirely just do a quick search and you’ll see issue upon issue lately with thier stuff

Been also seeing a lot of issues with Smok tanks of late. Makes me wonder, "What the heck, Edgar?" Smok at one time did produce quality gear at an affordable retail price. <joking> I bet they're get material from America. </joking>

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I concur with this advice. It was one of the first bits of advice I read when looking to move to mechanical mods, "charge with a charger".

Been also seeing a lot of issues with Smok tanks of late. Makes me wonder, "What the heck, Edgar?" Smok at one time did produce quality gear at an affordable retail price. <joking> I bet they're get material from America. </joking>

Always one :rolleyes::D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Always one :rolleyes::D

Hi kettle, coffee ringing. *chuckles* :)

I don't know any other way to be than being a smart arse. At least it doesn't yet do tricks. Still waiting on it to put out bullion brick of gold. I know "luck with that", seems if I'm no goldbricker I'll never get that gold.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors