Become a Patron!

More Clones

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
there goes @freemind getting the VU douche bag of the week award again. I'll try to use your tone and language so you will maybe understand. why the fuck do you always have something to say when in all honestly you are the one that should shut the fuck up. if you dont give a shit so much why the fuck do you always have so much to say. you are the fucking petty one. picking away at shit starting crap every where you go. when you ever contribute something useful to this forum you may understand why someone would want credit for something. whats wrong with that ? what makes you so annoyed at someone for wanting credit for something they did that you have to belittle and rage over a comment that has nothing to do with you at all. I have talked to all the big recipe contributors smoky/HIC/ myself and the people who use the recipes and share them and everyone has agreed a simple acknowledgement of the creator is something that would be if nothing else appreciated. I know some people here who post recipes with wrong % or different brand names just because people do steal recipes and sell them. I've chosen to just not share anymore because people like you feel like you have some right to it and can do whatever you please with it. not that I have a right or ownership to anything I made its just common fuckin courtesy but if I cant get a simple thank you or pat on the back when someone does share my recipes then fuck it I'll keep all my vapes to myself . no loss to me or you., I dont know why I am replying to this but its comments like this that have no purpose but to attack people just irritates the shit out of me. in no way was anyones comments towards you but then you hop in with the foul language and self riotous attitude for no reason. just because you can say whatever you want on VU doesnt mean you should go around being a rude dick all the time. you sdhould try relaxing a little and stop getting worked up so much all the time.​

^^^^^ This is why there is a LIKE button. Well said @wllmc

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
there goes @freemind getting the VU douche bag of the week award again. I'll try to use your tone and language so you will maybe understand. why the fuck do you always have something to say when in all honestly you are the one that should shut the fuck up. if you dont give a shit so much why the fuck do you always have so much to say. you are the fucking petty one. picking away at shit starting crap every where you go. when you ever contribute something useful to this forum you may understand why someone would want credit for something. whats wrong with that ? what makes you so annoyed at someone for wanting credit for something they did that you have to belittle and rage over a comment that has nothing to do with you at all. I have talked to all the big recipe contributors smoky/HIC/ myself and the people who use the recipes and share them and everyone has agreed a simple acknowledgement of the creator is something that would be if nothing else appreciated. I know some people here who post recipes with wrong % or different brand names just because people do steal recipes and sell them. I've chosen to just not share anymore because people like you feel like you have some right to it and can do whatever you please with it. not that I have a right or ownership to anything I made its just common fuckin courtesy but if I cant get a simple thank you or pat on the back when someone does share my recipes then fuck it I'll keep all my vapes to myself . no loss to me or you., I dont know why I am replying to this but its comments like this that have no purpose but to attack people just irritates the shit out of me. in no way was anyones comments towards you but then you hop in with the foul language and self riotous attitude for no reason. just because you can say whatever you want on VU doesnt mean you should go around being a rude dick all the time. you sdhould try relaxing a little and stop getting worked up so much all the time.​

Yeah, I'm the rude prick. You and your gang of circle jerks should check yourselves. The HIC fanboy club should stick to your own threads, instead of jumping in on other threads and showing what a pile of asswipes you all are. Fuck you and the other little shit heads. I'm about sick of the bullshit.

I'm far from the only one to see this divide. Too bad you weren't privy to all that has been said in PM's huh? You probably would have cried and ran away, like you threatened before.

You are quick to tell me how I should play nice, yet your crowd of circle jerks run around stirring shit at every opportunity. When I call foul, then you feel it's fine to act like you all were just being helpful, when in reality, you all are twice as bad as you accuse me of being.

And for your info, bonehead, I make PLENTY of helpful post to help people in need. BFD if I don't post my recipes. Why the hell should I? I am not a HIC fanboy, so I can expect him and his minions jumping in my threads and stirring shit. Happened last time, so no more for me. Fuck it, I will ask in PM.

You all feel justified to try and hang a few that seem like an easy target. I fight back, I don't run away. You all don't like that. Boo hoo.

WHO gives a shit WHO created the recipe? Only a total drama queen, would want to be put on a pedestal for coming up with a JUICE recipe. Big FUCKING deal. You got a patent? Is it proprietary? NOPE!
I bet Lipton cries like you too, when someone uses an off brand onion soup mix and makes hamburgers too, huh? OH the INHUMANITY!

Change your tampon. Or did your string break off and that's why you are so pissy?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Troll on buddy

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Are you really so deft to think that recipes posted here don't end up someplace else? You suppose some of the receipes here are getting sold in shops across the country?

Derp!

and

Who cares WHO originated the recipe? I sure as hell don't ...
Even if they HAD claimed they were their own when they weren't, who gives a shit.

Plagiarism is theft of intellectual property. Though your posts indicate you personally are a highly unlikely target, your implication that prevalence justifies behavior calls your personal ethics into question. Your derision of those who freely contribute - yet resent theft - reflects poorly on you.

In response to your question, (“Are you really so deft…”) :D Got a dictionary handy, freemind?

VelvetA

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@VelvetA , I'm curious if the reddit recipe authors are cool with their work being copied here without credit or even a link to their posts.
Honestly, I don't know - I don't know them but I think they would like attribution. Aside from that, not only do I believe credit where credit's due, but some of these have more info at the original location that would be helpful to someone wanting to make them. One was copied from a recipe site, which due to the limits of its program, required the recipe to be modified - so it's not even what the creator originally posted.

Also, I think that fizzmustard's nana cream post on reddit should be read by everyone, not just those making that recipe LOL. I found the entire write-up and discussion of flavor molecules really interesting and informative. Seriously, anyone who hasn't read that should go do that now :)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Plagiarism refers to literary works, not recipes. Try again.

NOR did the OP claim them as their own recipes.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As a new DIYer, if I had a killer recipe -heck even if someone just thought I was on the right track - I'd sure appreciate the recognition & everybody likes a pat on the back or recognition for a job well done. Proper recognition is... well - proper.

this recipe originated on reddit, so you might have better luck asking any questions to the creator of it over there

http://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/...e_thread_2_son_of_clone_recipe_thread/ckjv2qg

Thanks for the credit! I was working on this recipe for about 2 months. A friend at work was vaping only Daybreak and was helping me narrow down the right mixes. I wouldn't yet say this is a clone, but it's pretty close.
I found this thread while looking for a good cheesecake recipe. Before I started DIY, I was vaping Vape Dudes Strawberry Cheesecake and haven't been able to find anything that has tasted close to it. I'm going to give HICs cheesecake a shot. Thanks again!
(sorry about the previous post, that's what I get for not reading the fine print on the signup page)

nbp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone know where I can find French Pipe, Black Mile and Captain flavors for the El Kamino liquid from another recommended supplier.
TE does not ship world wide(not to all countries)
OR
What suppliers are recommended for the following flavors(exclude TE):
French Pipe
Black Mile
Captain

Last edited:

nbp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you but when I wrote exclude TE I meant exclude ecigexpress(TE is the shortcut). They do no ship anywhere in the world.

Are they any other supplier that are recommended for those flavors(French Pipe, Black Mile and Captain)?

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

AMEN !!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you but when I wrote exclude TE I meant exclude ecigexpress(TE is the shortcut). They do no ship anywhere in the world.

Are they any other supplier that are recommended for those flavors(French Pipe, Black Mile and Captain)?

you could try vapingzone..

failing that, check out baker's flavors..

nbp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again!
vapingzone I know and they don't have it all, just french pipe.

I found those flavors at nettmixcustomvapes, do you know them(or someone..)?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again!
vapingzone I know and they don't have it all, just french pipe.

I found those flavors at nettmixcustomvapes, do you know them(or someone..)?

that shop sells those flavors with added nicotine.. that isn't flavoring.. its juice ;)

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well said.....completely agree.....thank you and the above fore mentioned for your kindness in sharing YOUR work. Time and money, two things in which costs us the most go into these recipes and you all just give them to us to enjoy. I pay close attention silently (for the most part) in great appreciation....

nbp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am not sure if I understood, does the recipes in this thread are the same as the original? is it the same taste?
For example, I like the El Kamino, it was my first liquid, does the recipe in this thread is correct?

If it is the recipes for the original flavors and someone worked hard and put a lot of effort to find it, he is defiantly deserve the appreciation from us the users.

brewersvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
WOW!!!!! tHAN
Placid

7% HoneySuckle tfa
2% Lime cold Press fa
5% Pear tfa
6% Strawberry tfa

Sugar Bear

5% Cinnamon Danish Swirl cap
8% Cinnamon Roll cap
3% Sugar Cookie tfa
1% em

8Ball

3% Banana Ripe tfa
3% Caramel Original tfa
2% Espresso fa
3% Sweet Cream tfa

Warrior Clone (Spot on)

10% RY4 double tfa
1.5% Dark Vapor fa
1% Acetyl Pyrazine

Beard Vape #32

7% Cinnamon Roll fw
7% Cinnamon Churro fw
5% Bavarian Cream
2% Brown Sugar
1% Banana Nut Bread

WOW!!! Thank you so much for all your recipe's. I had the recipe for PLUTO, GRANDMASTER, but lost them when my comp. crashed. Could you be so kind and forward it to me. I actually just found the pluto but don't have the percentages. Thank you again so much!!!!!!

I just need to say this : if not for Smoky, HIC and you, wllmc - i might have given up on DIY long back. I do not have the patience required to test each individual flavor (I have about 98 of them by now, thanks to you guys :D), nor do I think I have the palate to taste subtle nuances like you do. Even though after 5 months off the nasties I'm getting better :p
I rarely post here simply because if feel at this point I am still just learning and have nothing valuable to contribute. Hopefully one day I can surprise you with a good original concoction, but I feel I started off all wrong by diving right into more complex mixes.
This forum is a gem and I am deeply grateful for your generosity in sharing your creations and experience. It saves people like me months of trial and error, and it saves us $$$ to boot. How anyone can make such nasty comments is beyond me.
It's plain common sense, and manners !!

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah. With mixing it's best to perfect simple recipes and then proceed from there. I dove in head first when I started DIY trying to make complex shit. The result was shit. Lol. Now, much later, I finally am figuring out how to blend flavors together to get what I want. It's not as easy as some people think. It's just some people have a natural knack for it while others it takes a while if they ever get it at all. Everyone has things they are just naturally good at.
As for the nasty comments. I ignore them. I haven't really seen too much of it so I'm not sure where "X" person is stirring up all this shit because I haven't seen it.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Plagiarism refers to literary works, not recipes. Try again.

NOR did the OP claim them as their own recipes.
If you don't like HIC's recipes keep it to yourself. He or she has good ideas. They don't all work for me but then all the recipes at a 3 star recipe don't either. Pretty easy to talk tough on your keyboard and throw out all the obscenities or call people names. You would not talk that way to me face to face. I promise you that. So...be friendly and communicate like a gentleman or go away.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW freemind plagiarism can be ideas as well, not just literature.

krwynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find this thread very odd. Especially since the entire vaping market seems hellbent on stealing others ideas or designs. Clones/copies of RDA's, RBA's, juices, etc. I'm a relative newcomer but have definitely noticed there to be no regard to a vendor, or anyone else for that matter, seeing something popular, and then cloning it and selling it or giving it away. A simple Google search of "popular vaping clones" produced 910,000 hits. What am I missing?

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find this thread very odd. Especially since the entire vaping market seems hellbent on stealing others ideas or designs. Clones/copies of RDA's, RBA's, juices, etc. I'm a relative newcomer but have definitely noticed there to be no regard to a vendor, or anyone else for that matter, seeing something popular, and then cloning it and selling it or giving it away. A simple Google search of "popular vaping clones" produced 910,000 hits. What am I missing?

I don't know that you have missed anything, other than the psychology of the situation.

Let's rehash a few things.
1 There exists in the DIY forum, MANY clone recipes of either popular juices, or similar. People want the taste, without the cost of buying it.
2 More people buy clones of vape gear, than those that buy original.
3 Some people want to be put on a pedestal. They demand to be held special, holier than thou, and want the world to revolve around them.

I find it odd, that someone formulates a clone recipe of another's juice, and somehow their name HAS to be attached to it like they invented the light bulb.

But you're right. WTF is the big deal? We as a whole (community) make great demands for CLONES. We all do. Every DIY'er is demanding clones. Anyone vaping with ANY cloned hardware and devices, are demanding clones.
How many shops do we walk into buying "THEIR" juice, that is a ripped off clone of someone else's juice?

krwynn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know that you have missed anything, other than the psychology of the situation.

Let's rehash a few things.
1 There exists in the DIY forum, MANY clone recipes of either popular juices, or similar. People want the taste, without the cost of buying it.
2 More people buy clones of vape gear, than those that buy original.
3 Some people want to be put on a pedestal. They demand to be held special, holier than thou, and want the world to revolve around them.

I find it odd, that someone formulates a clone recipe of another's juice, and somehow their name HAS to be attached to it like they invented the light bulb.

But you're right. WTF is the big deal? We as a whole (community) make great demands for CLONES. We all do. Every DIY'er is demanding clones. Anyone vaping with ANY cloned hardware and devices, are demanding clones.
How many shops do we walk into buying "THEIR" juice, that is a ripped off clone of someone else's juice?

I'm not sure I'd say it's not a big deal. However, if it is, it certainly doesn't seem to hold true against all areas of vaping. How does a retailer that clearly went through the same process of trying to make a decent juice, and then try to make a living selling that juice, compete with people making a "clone", or something close, as to the point his juice is no longer able to provide the revenue for him to stay in business? Not sure how someone creating a "clone" can complain if someone else is doing the same with their own original creations.

I must also add that I am very appreciative of people that do take the time to come up with original juices and make them available for people to try. I have absolutely no talent in that area and it is a big help to me to learn. My rant is more about how there seems to be a double standard in this market. I seriously am starting to feel like a thief if I buy a mod that's a clone or even mix up a juice clone. But for some reason it seems to be entirely acceptable in this community.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It isn't a big deal. Here is why. Juice uses flavorings. Nothing proprietary about it. Everyone can buy the SAME flavorings as any juice shop.

Lipton makes an onion soup recipe. Several companies have cloned it. Is Lipton out of business? Why isn't Lipton suing every other onion soup maker? They are clones, right? Does Lipton demand every other onion soup maker CREDIT them for their onion soup recipe?

Here is the deal with the originator's of ideas. You get patent and copy write protections. It's a long drawn out process. It costs a lot of time and money. The originators are not doing that. Firstly, because of how FAST things change in the vape community, and secondly it eats profits like no one's business.

And I too appreciate the sharing others have done. But, to be honest, I have not used other's recipes yet. BUT let's be honest. If you don't expect your recipes to be taken and used in ways you might not like, then you should NOT share them in an open format, such as a forum. Lots of the stuff posted here, has ended up as an "original idea" in other juice shops.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i tried to the other day for another friend..
you might have to play with the percentages, as well a figure brands..
closest i can do, is..

Soho

4% english toffee tfa
.25-.5%% nut mix fa
.25-.5% vanilla classic fa (to smooth it out)
.25%-.5% dark vapor fa
.25% white vinegar (make it stand up)

let me know what you think, good luck!!
Sounds good I will make it next week and let you know thanks..

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Beard Vape #32

7% Cinnamon Roll fw
7% Cinnamon Churro fw
5% Bavarian Cream
2% Brown Sugar
1% Banana Nut Bread
Great list of clones thanks! I know the first 2 are flavor west, but you wouldn't happen to know what the rest are would you?

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am gonna guess TFA but don't shoot me if I am wrong lol:rolleyes::)
Don't worry I won't, I just appreciate the help. I love this stuff but not enough to pay a dollar a ml lol.

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
7 deadly sins
5% ry4d
5%butterscotch fw
5% cds cap

** LadyRed69 had posted this awhile back....does anyone know what the "cds" is?

Reactions: Edd

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And, wouldn't ya know, I've got Cinnamon Danish and Cinnamon Roll ordered, but no swirl... :(

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I could smoke pure candy, I do believe....lol! I got the BEST mocha juice from e-liquid.com, just has the richest chocolate coffee flavor. I started out at 30mg nic (super high, but I'm a chronic - HA!) and had gotten tired of going thru so many 10ml bottles of that stuff, so I ordered a 50ml. Since then, about half of it is gone but I'm down to an 18mg nic and can't vape the rest - last time I tried, that stuff jacked me up! If I didn't suck at math, I'd know what to add to the rest to bring it down to 18mg nic.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I could smoke pure candy, I do believe....lol! I got the BEST mocha juice from e-liquid.com, just has the richest chocolate coffee flavor. I started out at 30mg nic (super high, but I'm a chronic - HA!) and had gotten tired of going thru so many 10ml bottles of that stuff, so I ordered a 50ml. Since then, about half of it is gone but I'm down to an 18mg nic and can't vape the rest - last time I tried, that stuff jacked me up! If I didn't suck at math, I'd know what to add to the rest to bring it down to 18mg nic.

You need to cut it in half, and add NO nic. Divide what you have equally in two bottles, and add all the ingredients to make a batch twice of what is in the bottle, minus adding nicotine.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, it would just be pg/vg and it doesn't tell me the ratio on the bottle. I don't know what flavorings they use. Would I not lose flavor if I just added pg/vg?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't make it, I bought it. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Buy the same juice with 0mg nic, split and mix.
Eh, didn't really wanna spend anything right now. I've been snowbound in the house with a computer for DAYS, so I've invested in a lot of online vape goodies. :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I guesstimated it was down about 20ml and I was right. 10ml each, pg/VG, but I do have a 5ml bottle of flavoring they sent me when I complained that last bottle was weak on flavor. Only thing is, the 5ml is labeled 30mg nicotine. Surely that little bottle wouldn't raise it that much....

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I guesstimated it was down about 20ml and I was right. 10ml each, pg/VG, but I do have a 5ml bottle of flavoring they sent me when I complained that last bottle was weak on flavor. Only thing is, the 5ml is labeled 30mg nicotine. Surely that little bottle wouldn't raise it that much....
If you take and split that 5 mil bottle, you will have 12.5 mils in each. Add another 12.5 mils of your PG/VG dilution of choice, and you will have 15 MG juice.

Your total in each bottle will be 25 mils of 15MG nic.

VU Sponsors