More clues point to chemical compound in US vaping illnesses

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by lordmage, Nov 26, 2019.

1. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    NEW YORK (AP) — Health officials said Tuesday they have more evidence that a certain chemical compound is a culprit in a national outbreak of vaping illnesses.

Researchers analyzed black market vaping cartridges seized in Minnesota during the outbreak this year, and vaping liquid seized in that state last year. The newer cartridges contained the compound vitamin E acetate, but none of the older samples did.

They also looked at vaping cartridges collected from a dozen patients. Vitamin E acetate was commonly found in those, too.

The study was small, but it echoes other work that found the compound in the damaged lungs of 29 patients across the country.

“The findings further support a potential role for vitamin E acetate in causing lung injury associated with vaping products,” said Dr. Ruth Lynfield, a Minnesota health official.

Nearly 2,300 Americans who vape have gotten sick since March, many of them teens and young adults, according to a recent tally by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. At least 47 people have died.

Most who got sick said they had vaped liquids that contain THC, the high-inducing part of marijuana. Vitamin E acetate has recently been used as a thickener in illicit vaping products that contain THC, officials say.

Source: https://apnews.com/8f8f14011ec24c3288bcfef07b3695ff

It is sad what we knew for months they take just long enough for the illness scare to force vape company's to close due to those flavor bans.

my heart goes to those with lost loved ones and Jobs as a result of there dishonest anti-vape tactics.

i would not be surprised to find out of a PR firm like Edelman was not somehow connected to all the bullshit that was being used. #quitlying https://reason.org/commentary/ameri...-campaign-against-e-cigarettes-is-misleading/

2. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Saw the same/similar article. But we always see something "journalistic". Never seem to have all the facts, like...
    ...29 was the number of patients tested in that study.
    Instead of conveying all those tested, or 29 out of 29, it simply says "the study was small".

There always seems to be an 'out' for naysayer/anti vape to hold on to their misconception.

Rhianne and lordmage like this.
  3. Rhianne

Rhianne Diamond Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thanks, good articles and post. Mat be you should start putting up more like this!

4. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    But the children.......:bomb:

5. Amber Petti

Amber Petti Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the article! I’m sharing it on my Facebook!