Become a Patron!

More Smoke & Mirrors - Vaping may not be as safe as smokers think, research suggests

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Why is this in the good section you ask?
This little tidbit at the end of the story is why:

"E-cigarettes generated just 1% of the amount of free radicals in tobacco smoke, but this still posed a potential health risk, said the researchers.

We were surprised by how high that number was, considering that e-cigarettes do not produce combustion products,” said Dr Sussan. “Granted, it’s 100 times lower than cigarette smoke, but it’s still a high number of free radicals that can potentially damage cells.

Wait a minute! They were surprised by how high that number was?

1 fucking percent!!!

So in other words Vaping is 99% SAFER than smoking cigarettes!

I still don't see what is bad about this.

We all knew there was SOME risk involved and we thought it to be between 99% and 95% less than smoking cigarettes.

This proves that not only have we been right all along but it is actually BETTER than some have guessed.

This stories headline has nothing to do with what the story actually says!

They are banking on the fact that most people just skim the first few paragraphs.

This media scaremongering campaign needs to stop - 5150

http://www.theguardian.com/society/...es-toxic-chemicals-research-finds-lung-damage

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One news cast on the radio in my area said vapers are more prone to lung viruses due to the extra moisture in the lungs we carry from vaping...When they say it causes penis shrinkage maybe ill worry.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One news cast on the radio in my area said vapers are more prone to lung viruses due to the extra moisture in the lungs we carry from vaping...When they say it causes penis shrinkage maybe ill worry.
But my penis has shrunken lately. Of course it's 8 degrees out, could be a factor.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The sad part is that some people will look at that and say wow ,or some career politician will ride it for some points in some poll . I have to wonder who paid for that research .

JerryOden

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The sad part is that some people will look at that and say wow ,or some career politician will ride it for some points in some poll . I have to wonder who paid for that research .
My guess is big tobacco.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
One news cast on the radio in my area said vapers are more prone to lung viruses due to the extra moisture in the lungs we carry from vaping.

I have heard just about every vaper I ask say they quit getting sick when they switched to vaping.
Same thing happened with me.

Everyone who had a smokers cough doesn't anymore after switching.
So in the real world those findings are bullshit.

What they did is injected mice with different viruses and some they sprayed some of them with vapor and some they didn't.
More of the mice that were sprayed with the vapor got sick.

I don't plan on getting injected with strange viruses and i am not a mouse which makes me not concerned at all.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, when smoker's quit they get sick, with or without vaping. It's called "withdrawal."
All that tissue that's been essentially killed by smoke is now coming back to life. Same reason why your gums bleed initially. Fucking DUH!

I'm just some dude and I know this. THIS WAS DONE BY SCIENTISTS?! FUCKING REALLY?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, Great idea....broccoli & cheese extracts. Woot woot. New flavor quest. :D . It can be made....

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Announcements brought to you by Jergens Lotion..Turning VU wishes into a smooooooth reality.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
shrinkage.jpg

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll worry, if I lose more that six inches...it might get tough to pee out the window, while driving...

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I kno lol 1% wow how HIGH!
Try vaping is 99% safer switch it and that's the high number hello DUH

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had chronic bronchitis now it never came back once not once in my whole time vaping I am proof it's better!
I have medical records to prove that,and im not a mouse lol
I even have my inhaler left over should toss it out! Have not needed it whatsoever!
I'm stoked!
Second thing is my blood pressure went straight down!
My doc is happy!

Totempolez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The nice part about vaping for me is, that when i am sick, i can stop vaping 3 days because i slowly weened myself down to 3mg. i remember being sick as a dog and still needing to go outside for a smoke only to make it worse. I recover 10 times faster as a vaper then i ever did as a smoker!

VU Sponsors