Become a Patron!

Mosfet 3034 8.4 volt help

Question on MOSFET limits. I have a 3034 MOSFET 60amp in my 8.4 volt para-series mech. I made a .15 build ( 24gauge kanthal, twisted 28gauge ni80, spaced claptoned with 32gauge ni80, 3.5id with 8 wraps) and through vape tool it says its drawing 56 amps. Now i do have 4x sony vtc5 batteries (30amp 2600mah) i only do 1/2 sec pulses. Basically im asking if im too close to the limits for MOSFET and batteries. I pulsed the coils on my Segelei 213 and no issues just curious if im pushing this setup too hard. I usually stay around .2 but felt a bit adventurous today. Any advice would be great, thank you

yvaiwhy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't want to be the one endorsing to do so but personally I use builds ranging from 0.10 to 0.06 and I'm using Samsung 25R's. so far so good, teeth, face, nose, bathroom and wall all good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What hardware you using? Its hard to find people who use para-series. I also have a hammer of god v2 (full mech) id put the build on. I basically dont want to burn my mosfet and have to send the box back to the creator.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The closer to maximum ratings that you operate any electronic device the more likely it is to fail.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Question on MOSFET limits. I have a 3034 MOSFET 60amp in my 8.4 volt para-series mech. I made a .15 build ( 24gauge kanthal, twisted 28gauge ni80, spaced claptoned with 32gauge ni80, 3.5id with 8 wraps) and through vape tool it says its drawing 56 amps. Now i do have 4x sony vtc5 batteries (30amp 2600mah) i only do 1/2 sec pulses. Basically im asking if im too close to the limits for MOSFET and batteries. I pulsed the coils on my Segelei 213 and no issues just curious if im pushing this setup too hard. I usually stay around .2 but felt a bit adventurous today. Any advice would be great, thank you
sounds like you do not understand OHM'S law or battery safety www.steam-engine.org will help you

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the answer is yes. way too much. I'll break it down piece by piece

1) your batteries are only 20 amp batteries not 30. They are good batteries for sure. but amp limit is 20. in a parallel config 30 amps is the max you should pull really. (50% higher then single battery) meaning at 8.4 volts the lowest you should build is a .28
2) the 213 doesn't operate the same. it doesn't even put out 213 watts. it maxes at 155 which means with fully charged batts you would only be pulling about 18.5 amps on the batteries with your same build. huge difference from the 56 you are pulling on the mech and well within the safe limits of your batteries.

watch this video i made that explains it more in detail

VU Sponsors