Become a Patron!

Most challenging build

I thought I would start a discussion on what you all personally find the most difficult coil is to build, and maybe adding what helped you finally get it right.
I’ve personally struggled the most with multi core fused Clapton builds. I eventually found that working slowly and pinching with nylon pliers as I went along was necessary to avoid the cores collapsing.
I hope this starts a helpful discussion!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I thought I would start a discussion on what you all personally find the most difficult coil is to build, and maybe adding what helped you finally get it right.
I’ve personally struggled the most with multi core fused Clapton builds. I eventually found that working slowly and pinching with nylon pliers as I went along was necessary to avoid the cores collapsing.
I hope this starts a helpful discussion!
Well Staggered anything kicks my ass! Nothing has helped me perfect it yet. But hey, I'm an Alien builder anyway so no biggie. Now, the Alien coil kicked my ass for a couple years on and off but one day I had that Aha! moment, and I've been building them ever since. I think that Aha! moment is something all builders experience when they finally find their groove on a build. Hard to describe it in more depth, but things just click in place and away you go!
2534b7f8492450b16691108f7216bc12.jpg
26a5c736fb174b6ffaa30d9cd8ac97af.jpg

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Anything with more than one step gives me trouble - my attention span is pretty bad because of a medication I take (I'll blame it on that anyway, haha) so the more steps, the more chances for me to make a mistake, mainly in planning

18g kanthal is hard to coil and install

PSX_20181224_210052.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Staggered coils are my Nemesis. I love them but they hate me. Your stagger makes or breaks the whole thing. For me aliens we're just as easy as a fused clapton. Just the extra couple steps. But worth it.Screenshot_2018-12-24-23-44-40~2.jpegScreenshot_2018-12-24-23-43-47~2.jpeg
4fc0ac5d1ddf0cdbaacc212a61fe5470.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anything that's 28ga and higher that needs 3 or more cores is a no go for me. Tried everything I could think of but after a string of failed builds that went into the 20's I has to concede that I just suck at building. :teehee:

VU Sponsors