Become a Patron!

MT3 EVOD Bottom Coil Vape Pen not working at all

Okay so I bought this item off of ebay, link here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251486520197

I charged the battery, and filled the clearomizer with liquid, but when i hold the button to smoke, nothing happens. I suck in and exhale but no smoke comes out. Also there is no sound that I usually hear when using a vape (like a burning sound). I tried it with my other battery too, and the same problem.

I dont know whats wrong, this is like my second vape. I didnt do anything to it except fill it with liquid (I know i did that right) and charged the battery.

If anyone can help me that would be amazing.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This device is equipped with a 5-click on/off switch designed to avoid accidental turn-on when it is inside a pocket. You click the button 5-times to turn it on; another 5 times to turn it off.

It may not be turned on. ;)

Also, check to see that the 510 connector on the bottom of the clearo doesn't have the center pin pushed in too far. It needs to make good contact with the battery or it won't fire.

Make sure there isn't a bunch of liquid in the battery's 510 connector too...a drop won't hurt, but too much and it won't work right or at all.

The only other thing would be if you popped the coil or just got a defective head, can you check the resistance of the clearo to see? Alternatively, try a different head in it.

Last edited:
It may not be turned on. ;)

Also, check to see that the 510 connector on the bottom of the clearo doesn't have the center pin pushed in too far. It needs to make good contact with the battery or it won't fire.

Make sure there isn't a bunch of liquid in the battery's 510 connector too...a drop won't hurt, but too much and it won't work right or at all.

The only other thing would be if you popped the coil or just got a defective head, can you check the resistance of the clearo to see? Alternatively, try a different head in it.

Well i know that its turned on. Because i pressed the thing 5 times and when i hold it down it lights up. I think it may be that there isnt enough contact with the battery and clearo. But i guess it just came this way. How exactly could i fix this?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I come across this issue quite often with Clearos and ego type batteries. 9 times out of 10 its because the pin on the clearo is not making contact with the battery. Take a small flathead screwdriver and in the center of the battery... lift up very gently around the edges of the center pin. That should fix the issue.

I come across this issue quite often with Clearos and ego type batteries. 9 times out of 10 its because the pin on the clearo is not making contact with the battery. Take a small flathead screwdriver and in the center of the battery... lift up very gently around the edges of the center pin. That should fix the issue.

Thanks! Just fixed the issue. Works great now. Only thing, im getting sort of a burning taste with my watermelon ejuice. I dont think its supposed to taste like this. Is it the ejuice or the vape and what do i do?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thanks! Just fixed the issue. Works great now. Only thing, im getting sort of a burning taste with my watermelon ejuice. I dont think its supposed to taste like this. Is it the ejuice or the vape and what do i do?

In order to answer that question I need to know... Are you using the battery it came with and what Ohm coil is in your MT3?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Unfortunately, they don't state the ohms on the ebay listing. My guess is it is lower ohms.. prolly 1.5 or 1.8... on an evod type battery what will happen is you'll run hot for about the first 30-40 hits.. then the battery will drop to about 3.5 volts and the juice should taste better.

This problem can be solved by getting higher ohm replacement heads. I recommend between 2.2 -2.5 ohm.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Oh, one other thing... Look at the pg/vg ratio of your juice. High VG tends to "burn" in a clearo because it does not wick as well. I recommend 60 or higher PG for a clearo.

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have the tank on to tight it won't work either. Should be finger tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

VU Sponsors