Become a Patron!

MTL for first time vaping

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey guys, I just came home with a taxi and the driver saw me vaping my uwell crown and asked if I can recommend some ecig to him, he wants to quit smoking. Gave him the crown to try out but he coughed hard as fuuuuu so I asked his number and will recommend him something. Now when I started, the ecigs were really shit but these days I see there are quite a few good options, after some research I found these.

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4517901-authentic-innokin-endura-t22-starter-kit

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4024200-authentic-joyetech-cubis-tank-clearomizer

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...ntic-aspire-triton-2-sub-ohm-tank-clearomizer (with the 1.8ohm coils)

I never used any of these and I'd like some suggestions from those who did. The T22 for 30$ is pretty cheap and ready to go, is the aspire triton2 worth the almost double price (if you add a mod as well to it) ?

I remember with these premade coils the problem was that 2 out of 5 usually sucked, do you know of any coils that are long lasting (2weeks at least, 2-3ml/day usage) and reliable ? I guess if box mod is needed, any istick 20-30W is enough for these kind of tanks.
Drop your opinions if you ever used these devices, thanks!

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the T22, and love mine, very easy, MTL and I use the 1.5 coils but only about 9 watts on my Eleaf Pico

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The starter kit mod is good enough for the 1.5ohm coils on the T22 right ? Any 20-30W mod should be good also I guess. How long those coils last for you, like 50/50 pg/vg 50ml, more / less ?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep to all that, will work good:) I don't vape that high of a wattage on them (coils) about 10 watts or a little lower and you'll be fine.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aspire Nautilus and 30watt or less regulated mod. Is the best starter combination I can think of.

Coil life is going to depend mostly on how much the user vapes and the FLAVOR they use than anything else. IMO, VG gunks faster than PG, others think different. Sweeter and darker the juice and the more you vape the faster the coil get dirtied up..... I might get about a day from a coilhead... My wife gets 2-3 weeks, more if I clean it regularly. Different juice and vape styles.

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I actually agree with HondaDavidson - for someone just starting and wanting to go down the MTL route and who doesn't immediately want to start coil building you'd have to go a very long way before you'd find a better combination than an Aspire Nautilus Mini using either the 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils and an iStick 30w. I've used mine as my main vape for over a year now and it hasn't let me down.

An alternative tank is the Triton 2 Mini ( not the standard ) which can use the same coils as the Nautilus Mini as well as its own coils. The Triton Mini offers the convenience of top fill and has an even better imho air flow control than the Nautilus.

Sub Ohm Vaping is flavour of the month, but it doesn't always suit beginners - again to my mind an ex cigarette smoker is better off with a plus ohm tank and a 16 or 18 strength liquid.

As has been said the more flavour colouring and sweetener a juice has the shorter life coils have. On clear juice I can get just over two weeks from a Nautilus or Triton Mini coil.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK so you guys say the nautilus is way better than the Innokin T22 for MTL beginners ? If so, the mini has only 2ml tank, that is pretty low, is that 5ml tank equally good or it's not built/tastes/lasts as good ?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009821/1861801-authentic-aspire-nautilus-bvc-clearomizer-5ml This is what I found on fasttech (only ordering from there)
Is this coil good for the 5ml version ? https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009799/1859402-authentic-aspire-nautilus-mini-bvc-clearomizer

Also, can this coil work with something like a tobacco+mint or coffee flavour ? I remember old shity coils/clearomizers/cartomizers used to die in a few puffs from coffee/chocolate flavours. Also the coils are for one use or you can wash them and use again like the uwell crown ?

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Nautilus Mini uses the same coils as the Nautilus full size. The Nautilus Mini coils can be used with a Triton Mini but not a full size Triton.

In the UK and Europe we by law are being restricted to smaller tanks. That said I and a few friends have had the full size Nautilus and found it offered a very smooth flavoursome vape...but sadly after a short time the things developed a tendency to leak big style - ie if you left the device sitting in an ashtray overnight half of the contents had leaked out of the airholes. Possibly a bad batch but we didn't want to take the chance of a repeat.

I cannot comment on Fast Tech's stuff as I have never bought from them, but they seem to have many satisfied customers on the Forums.

If the coils you linked to are genuine and not clones they should be fine. I have used tobacco flavours, lemon mint flavours, Space Jam's Eclipse and similar with a Nautilus and they worked fine. Coil life was around a week per coil as these juices were coloured sweetend and flavoured.

That's my experience - other's may be different.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What? I'm in EU as well, what law restricts you to use smaller tanks ? I never heard this.
Man...now you made me worry about the 5ml tank, is there any logical reason why the 5ml would leak and the 2ml would not ? I want to buy this tank for my mom and dad, so I really need a no hassle good vape, tried giving them others before but they leaked or got burned hit too fast. How much can 2ml last in a tank like that? I'm using uwell crown on 30W 0.5hm and 4ml usually lasts one day (less if I go out to a bar). Should 2ml @ 1.8ohm (10W? what wattage is optimal for them?) last about the same as a uwell crown on 30W @ 0.5ohm? I watched a video of the nautilus and my only question was, does the tank not stick to the base ?
I like this guy a lot but when he is showing the air holes, look at the tank glass, it does not touch the bottom, is that normal or he just forgot to push it all the way down? Coz I can see that leaking all over the place if the bottom o-ring fails.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
By the way the mini's coil is smaller in height by about 5mm than the normal coil, (if fasttech's specs are real), wouldn't that be a problem for the 5ml tank? maybe that is why it leaked for you?

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...aws-everything-you-need-to-know-a6796206.html

This link will give you the facts. Retailers have until May 2017 to sell off old non compliant stock.

This is the basic legislation; Britain opted to impose only the minimum requirements but the legislation allowed Member States to "Gold Plate" it within their own countries. Many states opted to impose additional restrictions.

In America restrictions ( even more severe ) are to apply thanks to the FDA's "Deeming Regulations." Check the Web for more info.

Basically you have Big Pharma and Big Tobacco's Lobbying to thanks for this.

Check how it is being done where you live.

Last edited:

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What? I'm in EU as well, what law restricts you to use smaller tanks ? I never heard this.
Man...now you made me worry about the 5ml tank, is there any logical reason why the 5ml would leak and the 2ml would not ? I want to buy this tank for my mom and dad, so I really need a no hassle good vape, tried giving them others before but they leaked or got burned hit too fast. How much can 2ml last in a tank like that? I'm using uwell crown on 30W 0.5hm and 4ml usually lasts one day (less if I go out to a bar). Should 2ml @ 1.8ohm (10W? what wattage is optimal for them?) last about the same as a uwell crown on 30W @ 0.5ohm? I watched a video of the nautilus and my only question was, does the tank not stick to the base ?
I like this guy a lot but when he is showing the air holes, look at the tank glass, it does not touch the bottom, is that normal or he just forgot to push it all the way down? Coz I can see that leaking all over the place if the bottom o-ring fails.

Looking at my Nautilus Mini closely - it is just possible to get the end of a sharpened fingernail ( I play classical guitar ) to click at the join between the metal and glass parts when the tank is fully screwed home. The large silicone seals in my Minis have never failed after a year of hard use. Within a few weeks however the full size Nautiluses leaked. As I have said it might have simply been a bad batch we got but as we binned them I can say no more.

I start the day with a filled tank and refill it late afternoon/early evening. This really is no big deal and it only takes moments. Hence however I mentioned Triton Mini which is top fill and I suppose is more convenient if seconds are important or if the user has restricted manual dexterity due to say arthritis in the hands.

Last edited:

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did order the 5ml tank, I googled and saw that people have leaks with both mini and 5ml so I guess it's just luck. So these new rules mean you can't have any tank above 2ml ? Wtf is the point in that ? Or cartomizers and those cheap analog looking ecigs are limited to 2ml? I ordered everything except batteries, turns out fasttech doesn't ship any batteries to my country, its pretty fucked up, will get them from germany instead.

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK so I got this tank like a week ago, I spent most of my time researching how to make it work but it's the biggest piece of shit I ever saw... after I started researching I saw all the videos stating the same thing I say now. So I got it, disassemble, wash it, dry it, put it back, let it prime, after 5puffs, base flooded, tried again, cleaning it, low wattage, high wattage, open/closed/small/big airhole, all settings, flooded and no more vape. Tried second atomizer, same thing, opened my 5pack atomizer, that was even worse, leaked and while flooded, burnt taste, the coil is not even on the wicking material... Tried to put an o-ring under the coil, above the coil, inside the chimney, everything... so I just threw out about 30$ in the window and 1.5 months waiting time. I never had anything that didn't even work 5minutes. I wish I was lucky like you guys, getting a nautilus that actually works.. here I am again, asking for a MTL easy (no fucking around with leaking flooding dry hitting) for my mom.. I will not get anything from aspire. I so regret not going with an insta T22 endura buy.. can't be worse than this and what is disgusting is that the flavor on that 5puffs till it worked, it was very powerful.. is there such an MTL device that is rebuildable RBA RDA ? I know all of them have variable airholes but for example my aromamizer supreme or uwell crown is too much even on the lowest airhole setting. Something 3-4ml, not too tiny build deck and not huge airflow (the supreme has insane airflow, I am a lung hitter but can't even open it halfway it's just too much, I'm at about 10% open and blow clouds like a mofo)

ozsa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh yeah and something else, durability is kinda important, I take care of my devices but I know how my parents are, so something that has a covered tank, or at least partially covered so it won't drop and break easily, that would be very good.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey guys, I just came home with a taxi and the driver saw me vaping my uwell crown and asked if I can recommend some ecig to him, he wants to quit smoking. Gave him the crown to try out but he coughed hard as fuuuuu so I asked his number and will recommend him something. Now when I started, the ecigs were really shit but these days I see there are quite a few good options, after some research I found these.

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4517901-authentic-innokin-endura-t22-starter-kit

https://www.fasttech.com/product/4024200-authentic-joyetech-cubis-tank-clearomizer

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...ntic-aspire-triton-2-sub-ohm-tank-clearomizer (with the 1.8ohm coils)

I never used any of these and I'd like some suggestions from those who did. The T22 for 30$ is pretty cheap and ready to go, is the aspire triton2 worth the almost double price (if you add a mod as well to it) ?

I remember with these premade coils the problem was that 2 out of 5 usually sucked, do you know of any coils that are long lasting (2weeks at least, 2-3ml/day usage) and reliable ? I guess if box mod is needed, any istick 20-30W is enough for these kind of tanks.
Drop your opinions if you ever used these devices, thanks!
Important thing to remember.. new vapers will want a low wattage, M2L and vapor is different from smoke. You might smoke 2 packs a day for 20 yrs, but choke on one tiny toodle puff until you get used to it. Just like when you first started smoking, it takes a day or 2 to get used to inhaling vapor. Low air flow, low wattage, small bore on the mouth piece and higher nicotine level than you would use on a DL atomizer. (more vapor = more nicotine per hit, so less mg/ml is needed) I used a kanger toptank mini as my first tank. I used the battery from my e-cig for months until I got my first box. 6 to 16 watts, with lower airflow and small bore tip. The kanger comes with a mini RPA and you can just pull out the cotton and replace it if you burn it. You can also dry burn the coil to take the gunk off and keep reusing it for pretty much as long as you like.

I did a lot of playing with my kanger, different coils, watts, etc so I have pretty good knowledge about those tanks. Also, if you do go that route, ask your vape shop if they can toss in a couple feet of wire to get you (him) started with coil building. The tank comes with a 2.25mm screwdriver, so thats is all you need to get started. Also, since the premade coils that come with it are 0.8 tp 0.5 ohm, they tend not to burn as easily. Especially at lower watts, which is where he will be starting anyway. Less vapor = less coughing

VU Sponsors