Become a Patron!

Mtn. Dew Voltage

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
You know the drink. This is the recipe that's the closest I could get to it tasting the same. It's still missing something though, so if anybody knows what it is please let me know.

2% blueberry candy TFA
1% raspberry FA
.5% lemon Sicily FA
1% lime tahity DISTILLED FA
Steep time ~1 week

It's done at one week but really improves after two. Hope ya enjoy :D

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to drink it alot. I'll have to give your recipe a go when I get the right stuff. I need to get the lime. Thanks!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I used to drink it alot. I'll have to give your recipe a go when I get the right stuff. I need to get the lime. Thanks!

Like I said it's a little off from the real deal, so you might need to make some tweaks on some batches. If you get it spot on, please share it with me...I need this in my life. :luck:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Have you tried it with citrus punch tfa?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not, but I don't have that flavor, so maybe I'll have to try it, see how it does. Looks like I might have a decent sized order list for bull city flavors next paycheck. What flavors can ya pinpoint in it? And does it have sort of a fizzy like note on it similar to the distilled lime?

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most Mtn. Dew clone attempts I have seen have used TFA Citrus Punch as a base presumably because it used to be called Mountain Dew or something similar enough that they were forced to change the name or possibly face copyright infringement charges. It's basically a lemon lime soda type mix.

It does have a slight fizzy note to it, imo anyway but I wouldn't say the taste is identical to the real thing. I like enough to use it however, even if it isn't as close of a match as I'd like it to be. I'd love to find a really good Livewire clone myself.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Most Mtn. Dew clone attempts I have seen have used TFA Citrus Punch as a base presumably because it used to be called Mountain Dew or something similar enough that they were forced to change the name or possibly face copyright infringement charges. It's basically a lemon lime soda type mix.

It does have a slight fizzy note to it, imo anyway but I wouldn't say the taste is identical to the real thing. I like enough to use it however, even if it isn't as close of a match as I'd like it to be. I'd love to find a really good Livewire clone myself.

Oh okay, I didn't know that, might buy some and play around with it. Can't hurt nothin.

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Oh okay, I didn't know that, might buy some and play around with it. Can't hurt nothin.
I have basically every soda, Mt.Dew and citrus punch flavor out right now and I recently picked up the best one I have ever tried. Wonder Flavors Lemon Lime Soda SC. I've only had it a week or so, so its one I'm still testing but it is great. IMO miles better than the others out right now. Buy it, try it as a SF @ 4% and seen if your taste agree. I haven't tried a soda type flavor profile in a year or so but after buying it I have already started 2-3 recipes.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I have basically every soda, Mt.Dew and citrus punch flavor out right now and I recently picked up the best one I have ever tried. Wonder Flavors Lemon Lime Soda SC. I've only had it a week or so, so its one I'm still testing but it is great. IMO miles better than the others out right now. Buy it, try it as a SF @ 4% and seen if your taste agree. I haven't tried a soda type flavor profile in a year or so but after buying it I have already started 2-3 recipes.

Alright might do just that. Thanks for the info.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

never had live wire but now I want to try it :) I made a version just now because of this post. Im sure it taste nothing like it but I used citrus punch, FA mad fruit, FA blood orange and FA orange . its alright but I hate that floral thing citrus punch has going on. bet we can make a better version from scratch

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
never had live wire but now I want to try it :) I made a version just now because of this post. Im sure it taste nothing like it but I used citrus punch, FA mad fruit, FA blood orange and FA orange . its alright but I hate that floral thing citrus punch has going on. bet we can make a better version from scratch

Dude that sounds real good. So the citrus punch has a floral note to it? Hmm maybe use FA citrus mix maybe that'll work for what you're going for?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Dude that sounds real good. So the citrus punch has a floral note to it? Hmm maybe use FA citrus mix maybe that'll work for what you're going for?
it does to me, not sure Ive heard anyone else say that but it does kinda steep out. I just used it because everyone uses that one lol. didnt mean to derail your post :) yours looks good as well never really thought about making my own Mt Dew flavor but seems like a good challange )

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
it does to me, not sure Ive heard anyone else say that but it does kinda steep out. I just used it because everyone uses that one lol. didnt mean to derail your post :) yours looks good as well never really thought about making my own Mt Dew flavor but seems like a good challange )

Hey don't worry bout it, if we stayed focused on one thing, we'd never get better. As for mtn dew flavor, I initially made it on a bet, but it evolved into something I liked. You should make your own and let us know how it turns out. :D

NOTE: Wow! That sounded lame:gaah:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I really like it but then again, I can't even begin to guess how many Mtn. Dews I've consumed in my lifetime so I might be a little biased, lol.

Hmm, I've never tried that particular combination of flavors but I'm definitely going to try it. It looks good to me and definitely fits the profile. I did toy with the idea of trying to make a better Mt. Dew base but I kept getting bogged down with what I might use to give it that effervescence it needs. Supposedly TFA Champagne does that for some but I didn't really get that myself. My stash of that flavor wasn't exactly fresh when I tried it so that could have been a factor though.

I have little doubt you could make a better version from scratch, me on the other hand, I'm not nearly so certain. :D

VU Sponsors