TimboZero

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This weeks review is the MTO Squonker box mod from C&C Mods

I hope you all enjoy it.

Here is a little excerpt from the review...

In the last few months I have been enjoying drippers, this is due to the so called squonker box mod. A dripper gives arguably the best quality, quantity and flavour of vape there is, sadly it requires the constant dripping (hence the name) of a few drops of e-liquid into it to keep it going. This is where squonkers'like the MTO Squonker box mod from C&C Mods come in. They add a small hole in the 510 connector, with a matching hole in the dripper base, and a bottle of e-liquid below. Squeezing the bottle a little causes e-liquid to rise into the dripper and soak the wicks, when you release the bottle the excess e-liquid is draw back out of the dripper and returns to the bottle.
In short, it makes drippers bearable to use.

So, now understanding what a squonker is... Today we take a look at the MTO 'Squonker' box mod from C&C Mods in Italy.

Unfortunately at the time my MTO Squonker was sent out there were no presentation boxes available. Thankfully C&C were able to send me this picture that shows the themed cardboard box that the MTO Squonker will arrive in if you order one.

Here we have the MTO Squonker. It is an aluminium unibody (the main part is milled from a single aluminium piece) device which is then anodised in either black or (in this case) gold coloured finish.

The device is controlled by the now infamous Evolv DNA 40 (big screen edition) controller chip, a 40 watt temperature controlled regulator.
Most of you will have heard of or will know this chip, but for those that don't the full datasheet for it is here
The electronics are held behind this stainless steel panel, etched with the MTO name.
The display is visible through the cut-out and the device fire button is made from the same piece of stabilised wood that we will see for later parts.

The 510 connector is a small flush mounted stainless steel piece with a non-self adjusting reverse threaded (clockwise to wind it out) positive pin.
The use of a non-self adjusting positive is so that maximum contact and hence conductivity can be attained. The same is true of the reverse threaded positive pin, this stops the screwing in of your atomiser from turning the positive pin in and away from your atomiser positive.
Whilst not having a self adjusting positive does require a little extra effort, it assures the best possible contact between mod and atomiser.

MG_0109-116x150.jpg
MG_0108-145x150.jpg

VU Sponsors