Become a Patron!

MTS vs Smooth

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only time I have used them, ( I have them both. ), was when I needed to tame down something gone awry.
I have not seen too much difference between them, but I only used them in emergency situations......
Maybe they a have subtle nuances that could be spotted in a controlled taste test.
They will dumb down notes in your mix.... I know that much, but cant see using it as a Must Have ! (YMMV)

Just MHO....

I have been using the smooth for about a week now in my tobacco mixes and for me it makes a big difference. It actually made my favorite tobacco (tobacco red) even better. Only problem is now I vape a lot more of it!

BuddJohnson

Member For 4 Years
It's my understanding that MTS (Mellow Thicker Smoother) and Smooth aren't actual flavors, but blends that artificially alter our taste bud receptors, causing us to 'perceive' the taste differently. The general usage of these blends are to fix an unruly flavor as opposed to being a flavor addition.
I have both in my DIY kit, but could never bring myself to using the MTS due to it's awkward smell. I used the Smooth once (0.5%) in an overbearing tobacco blend and it tamed it down adequately.
Gaining further experience in DIY, I would now avoid them altogether, the notion of altering my taste bud receptors seems a bit unnatural - unorganic to me.
Hope this helps.
GL

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Smooth.. dunno, but my label from over a year ago says Smooth tobacco.. ;) but here..

from the tfa site:

Smooth Flavor
Water Soluble

A flavor smoothener that is useful to use in concert with other flavors- "Smooth" will round out any harsh edges and provide a thick, satisfying mouthfeel. It will soften the high notes of your blend while boosting your background notes.
*** Note: some, but not all customers report that the smell has a fruity aspect.

i get the fruity taste.. I use smooth, anywhere from .5% up to 4% and not just with tobaccos..
my fruits, chocolates and creams too..not an everyday use but only on ones i feel it might go well with..

MTS

MTS stands for mellow, thick, and smooth, which is why this flavor adds body and depth to your existing e-liquid creations. Be careful, though, because while Vape Wizard is an e-liquid flavor enhancer, it does not have any flavor on its own. Use from 0.5% to 2%. A little goes a long way!

they both do pretty much the same..
adding a fluffy, filling type, smoothing out harsh spots or high notes.. muting.. almost.. tasteless for both..
only a few people like me can say they get the fruit taste from smooth..

which one is better? - depends on what you are using them for..
Can you use them both together? probably.. but it would be pointless..

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It will soften the high notes of your blend while boosting your background notes.
I've never used MTS Vape Wizard but have pretty extensive experience with TFA Smooth.

I use it in a handful of my complex cream blends to bring out small hints of background flavor. In particular, I have a fruity cream recipe where none of the fruits are used over 0.5% but they all stand out very well when mixed with a total of 15% flavor (mainly things like vanilla swirl, cap VC V2, etc). It really brings what you would think is a background note at that percentage and helps to make it actually taste like something.

It does in general mute the overall flavor and kill high notes as well, so if you plan to use it to this effect, then remember high notes will die.

I've found it most useful when I want to taste a few disctinct fruit flavors in a cream base but know that if I mix each of those fruits over a certain percentage so you can actually taste them, that I'll wind up with really high flavor percentages as well most likely some harshness. It's allowed me to combine certain flavors and make them all stand out in a juice when they otherwise wouldn't play nicely together.

VU Sponsors