Become a Patron!

Multiple puffs in a very short amount of time damaging coils?

So I am very curious. I have been vaping for many years and I have friends that are just starting to get into it (within the past year). Some of my friends and especially their girlfriends use SMOK, Wismec, Snowwolf VW mods with Sub-Ohm tanks and I have noticed that they complain about going through battery power quick, batteries not keeping charge and the main point of this thread....their replacement coils are needing to be replaced every few days or so. I think this is absolutely insane! Because I have used the entire SMOK Sub-ohm tank line all the way back to the original TFV4 tank and if used properly I can make my coils last up to 2 weeks. And trust me, I vape heavily throughout the entire day....

So I am noticing that some of these friends and their girlfriends will continuously hit their cape over and over and over again! Multiple times in just a matter of 30 to 60 seconds! No shit, they will take a drag and blow it out and then take a drag and blow it out.....they will do this over and over again! So I'm thinking that this puts a lot of strain on not only the batteries but also the coils/cotton and tank. I notice the mods get extremely hot and sometimes their screen will read "Check Atomizer" or something along those lines. And then they proceed to complain that it will start to taste burnt or something. So is this process ruining/burning up the coils/cotton??

P.S Sorry for such a long thread. I just wanted to explain it in full and give out all the details I could.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The coils/heads cannot get saturated with juice quick enough, so they burn and taste like shit. If they want to blow clouds and hit their vapes multiple times per minute, then perhaps they need to look at a dripping atomizer, or just slow down in their vaping.....

The coils/heads cannot get saturated with juice quick enough, so they burn and taste like shit. If they want to blow clouds and hit their vapes multiple times per minute, then perhaps they need to look at a dripping atomizer, or just slow down in their vaping.....

Thank you Zamazam! I knew I was right this entire time I have been telling them this the past year. I just had to get another expert vaper's opinion. I will be sure to share this thread with my fellow friends.

I have tried to explain this to them but they just either don't understand what I am saying or they just blow me off because they think I'm wrong and that there "must be another explanation". HA!

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Idk about hard on the device or batteries..... but yeah chain vaping can be hard on wicks and coilheads.... coils themselves I put in the same category as the mod....

Sometimes you just have to show people....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'll 2nd this.
Using a lower resistance factory coil, perhaps 0.30 ohm, may help, since they are made for higher power and have larger wicking holes. But if you friends really want to get big clouds, an RDA or RDTA is the way to go. If the coil gets burnt, remove the cotton, dry burn the gunk off and put in some fresh cotton. (or whatever wicking material you use.. i stick to cotton)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Or they can do what I do. Multiple set ups. I don't always chain vape, but when i do I have 3-5 mods/tanks to hit.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have tried to explain this to them but they just either don't understand what I am saying or they just blow me off because they think I'm wrong and that there "must be another explanation". HA!

Zamazam is absolutely correct... but longevity of coils also has a great deal to do with the "cleanness" of the ejuice. Usually sweet and/or dark juices cause a coil to be "used up" a lot faster, and if you multiply-chainvape with it, it will definitely kill those coils QUICK. Cleaner, lower-flavored juices will allow the coils to last longer. If they really need to hit it that often, I'm thinking they really need a higher nic level, so they can chill the fuck out and not kill their coils so damn fast and drive their friends crazy with all the fog.

Andria

Zamazam is absolutely correct... but longevity of coils also has a great deal to do with the "cleanness" of the ejuice. Usually sweet and/or dark juices cause a coil to be "used up" a lot faster, and if you multiply-chainvape with it, it will definitely kill those coils QUICK. Cleaner, lower-flavored juices will allow the coils to last longer. If they really need to hit it that often, I'm thinking they really need a higher nic level, so they can chill the fuck out and not kill their coils so damn fast and drive their friends crazy with all the fog.

Andria
Andria, that was exactly what I was thinking. They need a higher Nicotine level. They all currently use 3mg but I think they need to be vaping 6mg. Last year once I noticed that I was MINORLY chain vaping and going through juice quickly I started buying 6mg and I began vaping less frequently. They just don't listen to me.

I hate to be that person but that pulls out the Veteran card but I have been vaping consistently for over 7 years. These few friends of mine (4 or 5 people) have only recently started vaping within the past year or 2. But I'm still wrong of course lol

I'll 2nd this.
Using a lower resistance factory coil, perhaps 0.30 ohm, may help, since they are made for higher power and have larger wicking holes. But if you friends really want to get big clouds, an RDA or RDTA is the way to go. If the coil gets burnt, remove the cotton, dry burn the gunk off and put in some fresh cotton. (or whatever wicking material you use.. i stick to cotton)
It's really not so much that they are trying to get huge clouds at all. I think it's that they either aren't getting enough nicotine delivered to their system or that they just constantly want vape or smoke in their lungs.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Andria, that was exactly what I was thinking. They need a higher Nicotine level. They all currently use 3mg but I think they need to be vaping 6mg. Last year once I noticed that I was MINORLY chain vaping and going through juice quickly I started buying 6mg and I began vaping less frequently. They just don't listen to me.

I hate to be that person but that pulls out the Veteran card but I have been vaping consistently for over 7 years. These few friends of mine (4 or 5 people) have only recently started vaping within the past year or 2. But I'm still wrong of course lol

ROFL... it's hard to say what's more annoying, being the veteran that no one listens to, or the veteran that becomes the Free Tech Support Service. :giggle:

I had to start at 6mg despite being a pack+ a day smoker for nearly 40 yrs, because at first, I was a constant chain vaper... but once I ditched the cigarette completely, and got used to vaping, I went up to 10mg and stayed there for a while, before I started reducing. Now I vape 3mg, for the last year or so, because it's really not about the chemicals after 2-3 yrs smoke-free, it's just the behavior. If I find myself vaping a real lot, there's a quick fix: SET IT THE FUCK DOWN! :giggle: I run into that sometimes while watching TV, or riding down the road as a passenger -- as long as it's in my hand, I'm gonna vape anywhere from pretty often to constantly... if I just set it down, I forget about it for stretches at a time. ;)

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Sometimes I chain smoked, sometimes I chain vape. If you friends won't listen, quite talking. Let them bitch & spend their money on coils & juice instead of new gear or a night out.

Sometimes I chain smoked, sometimes I chain vape. If you friends won't listen, quite talking. Let them bitch & spend their money on coils & juice instead of new gear or a night out.
Lol I see your point. I shouldn't allow it to bug me the way it does but it's a pet peeve for me for some reason.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol I see your point. I shouldn't allow it to bug me the way it does but it's a pet peeve for me for some reason.

I get that way sometimes with my son; when we're watching TV, I sometimes say to him "y'know, it's permissible to set it down now and then." :giggle: But he's just 2 months (as of today!) smoke-free, so I mostly leave him alone about it. He'll get over it. :)

Andria

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I am very curious. I have been vaping for many years and I have friends that are just starting to get into it (within the past year). Some of my friends and especially their girlfriends use SMOK, Wismec, Snowwolf VW mods with Sub-Ohm tanks and I have noticed that they complain about going through battery power quick, batteries not keeping charge and the main point of this thread....their replacement coils are needing to be replaced every few days or so. I think this is absolutely insane! Because I have used the entire SMOK Sub-ohm tank line all the way back to the original TFV4 tank and if used properly I can make my coils last up to 2 weeks. And trust me, I vape heavily throughout the entire day....

So I am noticing that some of these friends and their girlfriends will continuously hit their cape over and over and over again! Multiple times in just a matter of 30 to 60 seconds! No shit, they will take a drag and blow it out and then take a drag and blow it out.....they will do this over and over again! So I'm thinking that this puts a lot of strain on not only the batteries but also the coils/cotton and tank. I notice the mods get extremely hot and sometimes their screen will read "Check Atomizer" or something along those lines. And then they proceed to complain that it will start to taste burnt or something. So is this process ruining/burning up the coils/cotton??

P.S Sorry for such a long thread. I just wanted to explain it in full and give out all the details I could.
You need better friends...Or at least smarter ones.

VU Sponsors