Become a Patron!

Mutation X for $21.95!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Then snag that one, Laurel.. the one i posted was only affordable..
even coming off the slow boat to China ;)

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol. Nah, I was posting it for other people. I can't afford anything right now. Christmas gifts have drained my wallet.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would never buy an authentic because certain clones work so well but $21.00 is a good price for an authentic , there's a reason why it's that cheap though lol.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would never buy an authentic because certain clones work so well but $21.00 is a good price for an authentic , there's a reason why it's that cheap though lol.
Why is it that cheap??

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What are the best clones?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The one I posted is authentic. That's a good deal for an authentic RDA.

Not when the authentic retails for around $27.00 normally .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What are the best clones?

Varies a great deal , if you stick with clones manufactured by Infinite, EH Pro and H. Cigar you will probably get a higher quality clone .

Tobeco makes a lot of clones but all are not equal , they make some really good ones and some mediocre at best ones.

If your buying stuff from FocalCig , Angel Cigs , Desireecigs, Fasttech etc.. pay special attention to the reviews and the dates on the reviews .

If you see great reviews and they are recent your chances of getting a very good clone go way up , sometimes they change suppliers and you won't know about it , when that happens the quality can be considerably worse .

I won't buy stuff unless it has very positive reviews and the dates are within a week or so of the current date.

Last edited:

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Varies a great deal , if you stick with clones manufactured by Infinite, EH Pro and H. Cigar you will probably get a higher quality clone .

Tobeco makes a lot of clones but all are not equal , they make some really good ones and some mediocre at best ones.

If your buying stuff from FocalCig , Angel Cigs , Desireecigs, Fasttech etc.. pay special attention to the reviews and the dates on the reviews .

If you see great reviews and they are recent your chances of getting a very good clone go way up , sometimes they change suppliers and you won't know about it , when that happens the quality can be considerably worse .

I won't buy stuff unless it has very positive reviews and the dates are within a week or so of the current date.
Good rule of thumb. This forum never ceases to help me!

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bad thread Laurel, bad thread.
But now I know better thanks to you guys.

Nothing bad about this thread Laurel , anytime you think you find a good deal please speak up , i would be more pissed if you didn't say anything lol. Have you checked out the Pay It Forward thread , you can pick stuff up in there from generous members.

Another thing , if you see something you like and don't know if it's priced right or if it's good quality don't be afraid to ask me , i always stay on top of stuff like that, i won't steer you wrong .

Bookmark the below site as well:

http://vapingcheap.com/

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good rule of thumb. This forum never ceases to help me!
Good rule of thumb is it says copper, from angelcig or possible focal do a scratch test to make sure it is NOT just copper paint... esp on the posts that are coming into contact with juice or the vapor chamber part of the atty.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just got a mutation x v2 from my local b&m $45 kinda steep but I wanted it now!! Running dual coil 24g gplat 1/8dia 10 wraps .2x @ 60 watts I like it but man its not a adv Atty. My veritas single coil is still on top.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I just got a mutation x v2 from my local b&m $45 kinda steep but I wanted it now!! Running dual coil 24g gplat 1/8dia 10 wraps .2x @ 60 watts I like it but man its not a adv Atty. My veritas single coil is still on top.
I can't wait for my V2 I won on Mod Envy to arrive. I'm gonna do some experimenting and push my IPV3 with it. I plan on settling with a single coil flavor build, so I hope it's ok for that. The new airflow lets you shut off one side, which is perfect for me. The juice well looks deep which is important to me as well.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know a good build for a single coil I tried a single coil same build as above but was to muted

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Anyone know a good build for a single coil I tried a single coil same build as above but was to muted
When building single coils two things are important. Make sure the coil is wound with constant tension...as much as you can apply. Make sure that when you pulse the coil after installation, you pinch it lightly whilst it is cooling down in order to solidly fuse the coils together. Lastly surface area = flavour production. Don't ever feel that your doing too many wraps...some feel that less is more and that is COMPLETE NONSENSE. Keep in mind that sometimes a gauge/wrap combo will lead to slow ramp-up and cool down.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When building single coils two things are important. Make sure the coil is wound with constant tension...as much as you can apply. Make sure that when you pulse the coil after installation, you pinch it lightly whilst it is cooling down in order to solidly fuse the coils together. Lastly surface area = flavour production. Don't ever feel that your doing too many wraps...some feel that less is more and that is COMPLETE NONSENSE. Keep in mind that sometimes a gauge/wrap combo will lead to slow ramp-up and cool down.

I used to pinch coils together a lot more than i do now , what i always do , after pulsing is run a drill bit through the coil to eliminate hot spot's , but sometimes i leave the coil slightly spaced and not thoroughly compacted .

Thats if space is not an issue , i don't see any noticeable differences in vape quality between compacting and leaving a coil slightly spaced. I do wrap with a lot of tension though.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to pinch coils together a lot more than i do now , what i always do , after pulsing is run a drill bit through the coil to eliminate hot spot's , but sometimes i leave the coil slightly spaced and not thoroughly compacted .

Thats if space is not an issue , i don't see any noticeable differences in vape quality between compacting and leaving a coil slightly spaced. I do wrap with a lot of tension though.
I like to leave spaces as well.. especially with NETs as they gunk less..

Yf9ONNg.jpg

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which B&M? I got mine on Black Friday for like $22 (authentic). I love it! 2x 24ga 12 wrap (about 0.52ohm) on my custom unregulated dual 18650 series box (8.4v) pushing about 140watts. Still a semi cool vape with air flow closed half way. The clouds are enormous! :)

20141213_161535.jpg 20141213_161640.jpg

Just realized my coils are a bit gunky...time to rewick. :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like to leave spaces as well.. especially with NETs as they gunk less..

Yf9ONNg.jpg

If i noticed a difference with a compacted coil i would compact them all the time but i just don't. Seems most say the more coil that touches the wick the better the flavor and a spread coil contacts more wicking material . At least thats the way i see it

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Which B&M? I got mine on Black Friday for like $22 (authentic). I love it! 2x 24ga 12 wrap (about 0.52ohm) on my custom unregulated dual 18650 series box (8.4v) pushing about 140watts. Still a semi cool vape with air flow closed half way. The clouds are enormous! :)

View attachment 10375 View attachment 10376

Dang man , burn that gunk off will you lol.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dang man , burn that gunk off will you lol.
As soon as I finish this last couple ml of my Birch Beer mix I will be burning, cleaning and re-wicking. Before the night is out. :)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 10375 View attachment 10376

The vape shops in Hamilton nj

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The vape shops in Hamilton nj
Gotcha. You ever check out e-cig outpost? I know those guys pretty well, cool peeps. If you have the time, visit Preferred Vapor in Croyden, PA. One of my good friends John is the owner. Very reasonable and a really cool shop with lounge and juice bar. I pop in there at least once a week to hang out.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried looking for ecig outpost once but I didn't go down Nottingham far enough when I gave up. How are the prices? Less then the vape shop?

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried looking for ecig outpost once but I didn't go down Nottingham far enough when I gave up. How are the prices? Less then the vape shop?
Haven't been to Vape Shop, but I hear great things. Been to the Outpost a few times and hung out with the guys there for hours on end, not sure on prices. Had a blast at the grand opening and then at the cloud comp. Preferred is my friends shop and a few min closer, so I usually go there to hang unless there is an event happening in Hamilton.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The vape shop prices are a Lil higher then most I've seen but the customer service is outstanding! Worth the few extra bucks.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A day later and many builds and wasted kanthal and gplat I've found it! 26g 2.4mm dia 1ohm single coil @ 35 watts. Only 3 air holes open blows my veritas out of the water in flavor and vapor.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish they would make a deck with just two post so we can put a nice 12 wrap single coil right in the middle and use the airflow evenly in both sides. I like single coils way better cant figure out why I just do.

VU Sponsors