Mutation x suggestions?

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a mutation x v2 that I recently acquired in a trade on here. I have already grown quite fond of it but I'm afraid to keep chain vaping it because its got a patina on it and clear coated and last night she got pretty warm to the touch. So my question is I'm looking at getting a new one but can't decide whether to get another v2 or go with the v3? Any suggestions?
Sent from my LGL35G

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
V3 is less expensive I have been thinking of getting a V3 for no other reason but to buy it... a patina on a MUtation X ok I have seen that
a bit odd to do it on a rda only cause they clear coat it with poly and when it heats up to much it stinks. IMHO I would probably put that patina V2 either as a decoration or not chain vape it as you said.. I stay away from copper RDA's only cause i break things or drop them and bend the shit out of it

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I haven't had a problem with it stinking but it looks to good to screw it up with the patina on it. I guess I'm gonna clean it up and sit it up just for looks. I will definitely be ordering another I just couldn't decide between the v2 or v3.

Sent from my LGL35G

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I haven't had a problem with it stinking but it looks to good to screw it up with the patina on it. I guess I'm gonna clean it up and sit it up just for looks. I will definitely be ordering another I just couldn't decide between the v2 or v3.

Sent from my LGL35G
I see they came out with the 26650 version hmmm maybe I need a bigger one not necessarily the same HAHAH now you got me thinking which one thanks alot :)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered the V3 tonight and I'd recommend the same...they finally got smart and put phillips head screws on the v3 again...I broke the stupid triangle thingie that came with mine on the first build and had to order the repair kit from Kidney Puncher to keep using it...being a flavor chaser personally I ordered it just for fun to have one cloud blowing atty but I was supprised at how much flavor it had for what it is...I am looking forward to having the v3 as well with it's regular 510 drip tip adaptor so I don't just have to use the one that comes with it :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered the V3 tonight and I'd recommend the same...they finally got smart and put phillips head screws on the v3 again...I broke the stupid triangle thingie that came with mine on the first build and had to order the repair kit from Kidney Puncher to keep using it...being a flavor chaser personally I ordered it just for fun to have one cloud blowing atty but I was supprised at how much flavor it had for what it is...I am looking forward to having the v3 as well with it's regular 510 drip tip adaptor so I don't just have to use the one that comes with it :)
How did you break it? using a power drill? the V2 had phillips heads as wel

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How did you break it? using a power drill? the V2 had phillips heads as wel

No, I broke it tightening down a parallel 24 gauge coil lead...and from a couple reviews on youtube ( I don't remember which one or I would link it) I am not the only one that has chipped a corner off of that stupid triangle key. I got the hex screws from kidney puncher and am so far happier with no incident with them...but I have multiple sets of allen keys, I only have the one stupid triangle one and don't see the point of buying a took for just four screws. I just ordered the V3 and it has phillips head screws like the V1...it also has a top cap that will fit standard 510 drip tips as well as it's special top cap for the wider one that it comes with. I really wish they would have done that with the V2 as I don't like spending a bunch of money on drip tips. I like the few I have and I don't even know if there is another drip tip available that will fit the MX V2 :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, I broke it tightening down a parallel 24 gauge coil lead...and from a couple reviews on youtube ( I don't remember which one or I would link it) I am not the only one that has chipped a corner off of that stupid triangle key. I got the hex screws from kidney puncher and am so far happier with no incident with them...but I have multiple sets of allen keys, I only have the one stupid triangle one and don't see the point of buying a took for just four screws. I just ordered the V3 and it has phillips head screws like the V1...it also has a top cap that will fit standard 510 drip tips as well as it's special top cap for the wider one that it comes with. I really wish they would have done that with the V2 as I don't like spending a bunch of money on drip tips. I like the few I have and I don't even know if there is another drip tip available that will fit the MX V2 :)
Well there were different permutations of the v2 sadly the clones of the v2 were built better than the original my v2 has the same setup you are mentioning I got it from heck I can't remember Ohh it was the tobacco grabbed that one off eBay due to the screws etc . That's bad if it breaks off with 24g
Crazy I'm actually liking the YEP from vapordna kinda a crazy derivative of the mutation but works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well there were different permutations of the v2 sadly the clones of the v2 were built better than the original my v2 has the same setup you are mentioning I got it from heck I can't remember Ohh it was the tobacco grabbed that one off eBay due to the screws etc . That's bad if it breaks off with 24g
Crazy I'm actually liking the YEP from vapordna kinda a crazy derivative of the mutation but works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've eyeballed the YEP but other than restocking on new batteries my big tax return splurge was a Manta V2 atty from JD Tech since Vaporoo had them on sale for 108....it's the most I've ever paid for an atty but I wanted to match my authentic Black Copper Stingray which was last years tax return :)

Yeah, I was kinda dissapointed about it...I saw the reviews about the screws with the authentic MX V2's but for the price I figured I'd try it anyways since it was only a few bucks for than the clones (the clones I know had phillip's and are probably built better,) .

Sure as shit it broke on the first build. I bought it as a novelty anyways since I am more of a flavor chaser, but I am kinda happy it did break it so I ended up with just a single coil...it still puts out the clouds and it's not the best flavor atty I've got, but it surprised me with how good the flavor is for a cloud chaser.

Off topic a bit but speaking of the world of clones....I've got couple five and ten dollar clones from Angel Cigs (a Mephesto and a Zenith 2.5) and they are exactly that, a 5 dollar so-so atty with so-so vapor and so-so flavor. But I bought them so experiment with different builds and Nickel builds for my DNA 40. I figured with those huge as screws in the Mephesto there is not way the nickel wire would have a bad connection or not stay tightened down. they're great for taking to work since I don't have to worry about them getting destroyed.... But for the price of those two you're better off buying one Infinite brand TOBH clone....way better bargain for your money IMHO

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've eyeballed the YEP but other than restocking on new batteries my big tax return splurge was a Manta V2 atty from JD Tech since Vaporoo had them on sale for 108....it's the most I've ever paid for an atty but I wanted to match my authentic Black Copper Stingray which was last years tax return :)

Yeah, I was kinda dissapointed about it...I saw the reviews about the screws with the authentic MX V2's but for the price I figured I'd try it anyways since it was only a few bucks for than the clones (the clones I know had phillip's and are probably built better,) .

Sure as shit it broke on the first build. I bought it as a novelty anyways since I am more of a flavor chaser, but I am kinda happy it did break it so I ended up with just a single coil...it still puts out the clouds and it's not the best flavor atty I've got, but it surprised me with how good the flavor is for a cloud chaser.

Off topic a bit but speaking of the world of clones....I've got couple five and ten dollar clones from Angel Cigs (a Mephesto and a Zenith 2.5) and they are exactly that, a 5 dollar so-so atty with so-so vapor and so-so flavor. But I bought them so experiment with different builds and Nickel builds for my DNA 40. I figured with those huge as screws in the Mephesto there is not way the nickel wire would have a bad connection or not stay tightened down. they're great for taking to work since I don't have to worry about them getting destroyed.... But for the price of those two you're better off buying one Infinite brand TOBH clone....way better bargain for your money IMHO
Yeah I have authentic clones whatever to me appears built better I was at the vape bar yesterday and this guy came in with the funniest but functionaly rda it was part plume veil part ummm mephisto I think and stillaire it was crazy looking but worked I hate to say it pretty well... I got the freakdshow as well as long as you build correctly on it its a great rda I think for me its become more of a collecting hobby than anything you know for flavor I have all the ones that are hailed as flavor mongers the magma original the lancia blah blah blah but right now Im just using the yep and its getting great flavor with most of the holes covered hahah so its become a collecting hobby more than anything for me ;)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Then expert will see it right now I am not the expert I am going back to bed

yep, it's definately a collecting hobby for me...I have a lot of the good flavor chasers as well, a magma, a tobh, a Storm V2, I patriot I got a pyrex cap for and the flavor and vapor off of it with the glass is amazing now, and an I-go L and W4 with drilled out holes...those old Igo atty's with their tiny chamber actually have really good flavor on the cheapside of things...I am just hoping that the Manta lives up to is flavor promise for the price and I didn't just buy a overpriced "hood ornament" since I haven't seen a clone of it yet.

Have a good night bud and a vapey day! :)

VU Sponsors