Become a Patron!

My adventures with the Joytech Espion

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Ella from Joytech sent me a gorgeous mod - Joytech Epsion 200w. This is a kit that comes with a Procore x tank. Unfortunately both glass tanks were broken in shipping. I was frustrated. I wanted to review both tank and mod. There was glass all over my table and it was a bit of a mess. Undeterred I used the mod for quite a few hours checking it out.

So I'll review the mod and the tank later. I have heard good things about the tank so stay tuned for when it arrives. I did get the mod though and it is a beautiful device. It's a dual 18650 and it it really is a great size and comfortable to hold. I got the gunmetal version. This mod is small - alien size. It has smooth rounded corners. The finish is superb and the looks are stunning. But we do not buy a mod for looks do we?

AboGUPY.jpg

So an elegant little device. It comes with all the temperature control settings, preheat, real time clock, battery and version checks, et all. It is a new menu and it is easy to use. Just three clicks, scroll and then use the function button beside the up/down control to select. You can change colours, set your time and do all the fancy upgrades without updating.

Now I used one of my own tanks to test. They claim buck and boost is good on this device and it sure was. Hit that fire button and there is little lag to no lag and you get your watts quickly with no discernible ramp up time. And on .12 coil it sure seemed to hit the 200 watt mark (way to hot for my tastes but have to test right. So I used my trusty Goon to do so.

I checked my ohms on a DNA and the Epsion was very close. So in TC you can set your own TCR or use those provided and easily lock the coil. TC seemed fine but I am a power user and it was perfect in power mode. This is the screen you get to set up your preferences:

jKnxh6Y.jpg

Really nice and bright. A few things I really liked was the centered 510 - jeez this should be standard - and a battery case on the bottom that did not open when scraped against my desk and the beautiful and readable 1.45 inch TFT screen. So the mod has the looks and the functionality you need.

Mod Specifications

Size 43mm(L)*28mm(W)*113mm(H)
Output mode Power/RTC/TC(Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR modes
Maximum output 200W
Battery type 2* 18650 batteriesTemperature range 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
Max charging current 2.0A
Max output current 50A
Max Voltage 9.0V

Kit contents
1 * ESPION (no cell)
1 * ProCore X atomizer
1 * ProC1 (0.4ohm) head
1 * ProC1-S (0.25ohm) head
1 * Spare glass tube
1 * Extended vent pipe
1 * QC USB cable
2 * Manual
1 * Warranty card
2 * Warning card

I like this mod - I want to test the atomizer too and Ella is sending me one that I'll add to the review when I get it. But first looks were impressive. If the atomizer is built as well as the mod this is a decent piece of kit for sure. Joytech though this device out. You can tell it was not rushed to production. I did run into any issues BUT it is upgradable and if if there is an issue I'm sure an upgrade will fix it. As it stands now I'm a fan.

Stay tuned for part two when I will discuss the atomizer ...

Last edited:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I never thought I would like a mod this, Typically I make fun of these types of regulated mods, just not my cup of tea. But about just over a week ago I went to visit my father, @PaulS and he convinced me to give a it a try. After a bout an hour I agreed ...

... I have not been able to put it down since! Gotta admit this little thing vapes like a beast. The bat lasts forever. And, all my drippers look sick on it, something about that center post that just screams sexy.

VU Sponsors