Become a Patron!

My building learning curve finally realized

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i have a Mutation X V3. I have had it for a couple of weeks and my dripping learning curve was slow.

It has four posts: My coils are okay but loading them always gave me issues. After viewing many, many videos on different builds it finally hit me. Stop skipping the positive post and use the positive and negative post that are NEXT to each other. Why I started skipping the post is beyond me.

It has a juice well: The art of dripping, in my mind, meant dripping until the cotton was successfully wet. Today after watching a video on the Magma, I realized what the juice well meant. It means, it holds juice. It sure makes dripping a lot better loading the chamber and going at it knowing the cotton and coil are working and the juice well is holding juice for more than five or six hits.

Air flow: Less air flow gives me more flavor and still big clouds. More air flow gets less flavor and BIGGER clouds. I like flavor.

Watts: I am using a 1.5 ohm single coil. Partly because of my skipping post issue and 28g kanthal. Fourteen to 25 watts is plenty, depending on the juice. In my DIY juice there isn't really any difference going higher except burning more juice.

Coils: I finally bought a coil jig. This should help tremendously. The last coil I built took two tries and over two hours. That was the final straw for me. I am a little too shaky to free hand.

I know my job but this was a different animal. VU has been a great help.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With 28 Gauge, you don't have to do "center post" builds, you do as you posted, wrap the coils and use the positive post hole nearest the negative post. When you use lower resistance wire (thicker), you need more wraps, so your coils get longer, that's why some vapers use the ceter post build technique, squeezing the coil into the near positive post hole can be an issue. The coil jig will help a lot, just let the tool do it's thing, don't press down hard when you are wrapping a coil.

twisted

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea when I have long builds I skip the first positive post and when I have short builds I use the first post. It really doesn't matter which one you use. I notice some youtubers always skip the first post to center the coils better. It's all up to the user.

VU Sponsors