Become a Patron!

My E Cig Keeps Burning!?

So about a month ago I bought the curve 30w and SubAir tank from totally wicked. I used up the two coils it came with and bought some more a little over a week ago. The first coil from that order lasted a couple of days longer than the two that came with the order, after that one had run it's course I replaced it and after a few hours it had burnt out, so I replaced that and this time it burnt out immediately, so I called the company they sent me some free ones and told me to make sure I let the liquid sit for a minimum of 20 minutes. So I changed the coil, refilled it and let it sit for about 30 minutes just to be sure, but again the coil is burning instantly? So does this mean there's something wrong with the atomizer itself? Or have I just had a really bad batch of coils?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Depends on the eliquid you are using.
What kind is it and what is the PG/VG ratio?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You definitely have a problem.

In my experience with pre built coil heads I have used in the past, I have never let new ones sit to absorb E-Liquid more than a minute or two.

Rarely have they quit working as fast as you report and I later discovered that I just had a bad batch and the place I got them from made it right by me. It happens. Such is life as a vaper.

Most of these things are good for a week or more.

That being said, and I hope I am wrong two things come to mind. A) the Subtank Air is crap. B) your APV is auto firing which will burn your heads out in record time.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Also what 5150 said.

I was assuming that since you seem to be new (possibly wrong there as well as I seem to be on a roll) that you are using a 50/50 E-Liquid mix.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am unfamiliar with the tank but the curve is essentially an istick correct?
It could be as suggested above the vg ratio is to high and not wicking well?

What power setting are you using to burn the coil so quickly? Have you lowered the setting and gradually increased it to a satisfactory vape without burning coil? Or are you cranking the power up to the suggested point and then it is burning your coils?

If it is not the pg/vg ratio maybe the mod itself is putting out more power than it should be, or maybe the coils are rubbish. Do you have another tank and or device to double check the device and or tank to determine which is the problem?

VU Sponsors