Become a Patron!

My E-Liquid has no flavour (New Vape and Coil)

How's it going guys, I've got a question...
So i recently got a Kangertech k pin mini with a SSOCC NiCr 0.5ohm coil.
So I primed the coil and let it saturate on its own for a few minutes before screwing it on the pen. I also filled up the tank and let the coil absorb the liquid that way as well. When I took my first hit I was expecting this amazing flavor, but i got no flavor and it was kind of dry. My e-juice is 80vg 20pg I don't know if that has to do anything with it. So i was pretty disappointed at that point so i let the e-juice sit for like 6 hours. I tried hitting again and i still had the same no flavor hit. I kept hitting it regularly to try and break it in ive gone through 2 tanks and nothing has changed. I there something that i can try to fix this? Thanks!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @es123434 and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

How do you have the MOD set for this coil? I think you should be using it in TC mode for that metal in the coil. Good luck and someone should be along shortly with more help.

Welcome @es123434 and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

How do you have the MOD set for this coil? I think you should be using it in TC mode for that metal in the coil. Good luck and someone should be along shortly with more help.
It's a all in one kit so i can't change anything on it just press the fire button and that's it

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Steve... He has one of these
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-K-Pin-Mini-Starter-Kit-p/kan-kpn20.htm

And his coil is Nichrome, not Nickel...you had your coffee yet? :teehee:

How's it going guys, I've got a question...
So i recently got a Kangertech k pin mini with a SSOCC NiCr 0.5ohm coil.
So I primed the coil and let it saturate on its own for a few minutes before screwing it on the pen. I also filled up the tank and let the coil absorb the liquid that way as well. When I took my first hit I was expecting this amazing flavor, but i got no flavor and it was kind of dry. My e-juice is 80vg 20pg I don't know if that has to do anything with it. So i was pretty disappointed at that point so i let the e-juice sit for like 6 hours. I tried hitting again and i still had the same no flavor hit. I kept hitting it regularly to try and break it in ive gone through 2 tanks and nothing has changed. I there something that i can try to fix this? Thanks!

It is sometimes hard for pens like that to use 80vg well, but you aren't having dry hits are you? Does it taste Bad, or just dull... You might try a different juice, or cut down the air flow. Sometimes just using the same juice for a while, makes us get kinda numb to the flavor

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you have no other juice to try, like 50 or 60 or 70 VG, you might get some sharp tweezers and pull at the wick in the holes some, or slice it open with a sharp knife to let juice in.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meg has it. Those types of kits / coils will work best with something closer to a 50% VG juice.
also is this your first vape? Can also try poking a stick pin/needle thru the cotton wicking a few times to allow better juice flow. This can cause some flooding gurgling though so proceed carefully.

Steve... He has one of these
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-K-Pin-Mini-Starter-Kit-p/kan-kpn20.htm

And his coil is Nichrome, not Nickel...you had your coffee yet? :teehee:

It is sometimes hard for pens like that to use 80vg well, but you aren't having dry hits are you? Does it taste Bad, or just dull... You might try a different juice, or cut down the air flow. Sometimes just using the same juice for a while, makes us get kinda numb to the flavor
Iv'e only been vaping it for 2 days now so I don't think i got Vapors Tongue lol, plus i never got to actually taste the e-juice :'(.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Iv'e only been vaping it for 2 days now so I don't think i got Vapors Tongue lol, plus i never got to actually taste the e-juice :'(.

Better try a juice that's less thick with VG, then. Could be your juice was just made for bigger coils that make more clouds :/

Some tricks to force juice to wick: loosen the top fill cap until you see bubbles OR

Close the airflow and suck on it till you see bubbles. It's a short term fix though, doing either of those for very long gets very tiresome

I used to run around with a tank that barely had the top cap screwed on, could get messy

Meg has it. Those types of kits / coils will work best with something closer to a 50% VG juice.
also is this your first vape? Can also try poking a stick pin/needle thru the cotton wicking a few times to allow better juice flow. This can cause some flooding gurgling though so proceed carefully.
This is my 3rd vape I had a Kangertech Top Evod and a Smok Q box. I tried that method with the Qbox because i had the same problem did't seem to work with that. I'll try it though because I've never had a true flavorful hit yet just cotton taste.

Better try a juice that's less thick with VG, then. Could be your juice was just made for bigger coils that make more clouds :/

Some tricks to force juice to wick: loosen the top fill cap until you see bubbles OR

Close the airflow and suck on it till you see bubbles. It's a short term fix though, doing either of those for very long gets very tiresome

I used to run around with a tank that barely had the top cap screwed on, could get messy
I was watching a video by Indoor Smokers with the same pen and e-juice and he gave it a positive review so either i got a bad coil or he's lying lol

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never believe ejuice reviews unless you know your tastes are pretty much like the reviewers.

I consider indoor smoker kinda tasteless.
Just my opinion though. Tastes in many things vary widely :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was watching a video by Indoor Smokers with the same pen and e-juice and he gave it a positive review so either i got a bad coil or he's lying lol

Oh my gosh, that dude loves Every juice he tries. He's not really a reviewer, he gets free stuff to show on youtube and say it's great lol

My first purchase based on a review was c r a p, I got sold on it because the reviewer said it had a NICE CLICKY BUTTON lol

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

My best advice to you will be to invest in a better mod. If you want a truly amazing vape, go grab a Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 mod... u could find them for like $40-50. It’s an extremely underrated device and I’ve been in love with it since the moment I opened it. Small, looks amazing, not heavy, feels amazing in your hand and holds 3 18650 battery so it’ll basically last you all day. Then grab a Wake RTA with some Wake Coil Heads. One of the best tanks around right now. This tank and mod is actually what I’m using right now. The whole setup including the batteries will be around $100 which is an incredible price for such An amazing setup.

EDIT: If you do decide to do this, make sure to get the Wake RTA. It comes with a rebuildable deck but you can unscrew it and put premade coil heads in it. It’s good to have the rebuildable deck set aside Incase you want to learn to build your own coils down the road!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
3f50b57d3b708dc68d79fbc0d5b0d314.jpg
9927a938592f18c951d23873ddfcccb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
What juice are you vaping? Brand and flavor. You could be one of us people that have difficulties tasting specific flavors, especially strawberries or strawberry mixes. There's some other flavors some people just can't taste. brands matter as well, because some are lighter than others. At least then we can rule out your device. While 80/20 might be not recommended for yours, I vape a 85/15 in my joyetech aio ego pen without any issues, however the flavor is different and much lighter than in my regular high watt equipment.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It's a all in one kit so i can't change anything on it just press the fire button and that's it
You get what you pay for. Those kits are designed to be easy to use and cheap to buy. So the only thing you can actually change is the pg/vg ratio. Maybe try 30pg/70vg or 40pg/60 vg as pg carries the flavor better. If you can adjust the air flow, cut it back very slightly, a little bit at a time. To much and you will burn the coil. So be cautious.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If he didn't give it a positive review, the company wouldn't send him any more free gear to review. So yeah, he is focusing on the positive and omitting the negative. I mean, i'm sure it is a decent enough starter kit for a new vaper. It lets you try without a lot of learning involved and not much money spent. Kind of like a tricycle was great when you were 4yrs old.. but.. you wouldnt pick up your prom date on it. You would get something better. Hopefully...

What juice are you vaping? Brand and flavor. You could be one of us people that have difficulties tasting specific flavors, especially strawberries or strawberry mixes. There's some other flavors some people just can't taste. brands matter as well, because some are lighter than others. At least then we can rule out your device. While 80/20 might be not recommended for yours, I vape a 85/15 in my joyetech aio ego pen without any issues, however the flavor is different and much lighter than in my regular high watt equipment.
I got Rainbow Road by Fuggin Vapor Co. maybe the 120ml for $20 was to good to be true

VU Sponsors