Become a Patron!

My experience with VaporBeast

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well they seemed to have a good sale going for the revenger mod on Black Fri. List price was $38.97 and using code 'BLACK' got a 20% discount. So I tried to order, had to go through the verification process and against my better judgement I entered my name, last four of my ssn etc etc. Still wouldn't process.

It was before 5pm pst on Friday so I tried calling. Got a 'sorry, our lines are busy, leave your number and we'll call you back'. Never got a call back, no call Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. So I called them back and spoke to Monica. I was trying to get things sorted and hopefully still get the Black Friday sale since their system was borked. She basically said sorry, if the system doesn't work there's nothing we can do. Then she proceeds to tell me that 'oh well the sales on Cyber Monday are even better than they were on Black Fri.'

Unless there's a secret coupon code I'm unaware of that's so secret it's not posted on their site, the current code that works is 'YEAHBABY' which is 10% off. Not sure what math classes Monica took but where I'm from, 20% is generally greater than 10% regardless what day it is.

What an unhelpful company full of morons. That's the last time I'll waste my time with them. I'd rather pay 15-20% more and deal with people from the likes of fasttech who speak engrish as an 8th language who can get the friggin' job done. I'd hate to have to deal with that level of idiocy god forbid I had any issues with a product from them. And no one can figure out why people buy overseas, because our stateside companies SUCK. That's why.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I attempted to order from them last year during a sale. I had a similar response. They have been off my list since that event.

P.S. I did a sample order from Eightvape to test out their competence. Some items seem reasonable.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a few orders from them that went over well. That was a couple years ago. They have since been bought out by a large tobacco type interest so I wouldn't be surprised if CS is going down hill.

whodat2112

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have ordered from them at least eight times, most recently about two weeks ago and have never had a problem. I do find that their regular prices are on the high side, but their "deals" page has some good pricing. Especially if there is a discount code too.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a email 'ZAP' will get you 20% off today.

9NYjVez.png

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had issues either, just placed an order today, but I do hope they get yours straightened out.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a email 'ZAP' will get you 20% off today.
That's the code I got too, used it today and got two Tesla Invader 2/3 for less than the ordinary price for one, and free shipping. I was a happy camper! Lol!

randallpiz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
20% off is still 50% too high. The deals page might not be too bad, but mostly they are one of the priciest sites period.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I attempted to order from them last year during a sale. I had a similar response. They have been off my list since that event.

P.S. I did a sample order from Eightvape to test out their competence. Some items seem reasonable.
So I take it this means some were unreasonable as well?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It wasn't just the pricing, it was the whole pain in the ass experience on top of it. No response from customer service, then getting told that because they chose a craptastic age verification service I'm sol. Then flat out lying. Their black fri sales on the site were 20%, their cyber monday sales were 10% on the site. No mention of having to sign up for junkmail to get a special super secret discount mentioned nowhere to customers viewing their site. What's the point of having a sale then keeping it secret, doesn't that defeat the purpose? The woman flat said 'our cyber monday sales are even better than black fri'. Umm, no. 10% isn't better than 20%. Even if you're part of their secret insiders email club, 20% is still not better than 20%.

The bummer about the missed sale due to some age verification glitch was short lived, the rest of the back and forth with them made me only too happy to forego the sale, shop elsewhere, pay more for the item and wait longer for it. Last time I'll even bother with them. I already know the age verification service they use sucks, my regular online juice vendor used them for about a month or less before switching to a different service - because they sucked. No the company isn't personally responsible for the age verification end of things but they do choose which verification company they use.

I've been on the other end of things, at the sales desk. Trying to help people, sweeten the deal whatever to get the sale. That's pretty normal. What I won't do is jump through hoops when trying to buy something. Call and wait for callbacks, call again, communicate back and forth begging a company to take my money for a product they're trying to sell. No skin off my ass, I'll get the product with or without them. 20 different people out there all trying to sell the same thing. It reaches a point where it's like you want my fucking money or don't you?

It should be up to the company to figure out how they can make the sale, not the customer to sort out how to help a business profit so they can stay in business. One of us is earning a paycheck at the end of the week from said company and it's not me so I'm not keen on working on the clock for them. They keep this sort of thing up, doesn't matter who the company is, they won't be around long. I'm happy for those who have had no issue, this being my first experience with them it was also my last. When you work harder trying to get someone to take your money than you do to earn it, something's wrong with that picture.

burley

Picky Bearded 'Backy Bum
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
because they chose a craptastic age verification service I'm sol.
This, right here, is the A number-one reason I only shop at a few select vendors online, now.

Not because I have an issue with verifying my age, but because there's a limit to the amount of personal information that I want out into the ether - and honestly, I don't feel the need to pass along the last four (or all of the) digits of my SSN, or scan in my driver's license, to buy a $20 piece of vape equipment online.

More along the lines of what Syn is getting at though (I think) is the hiccups that could/would/likely will occur in that stage of the order. It becomes an issue that I need to solve, which is ... call it what you will, but if I need to jump through 11 hoops to get my purchase, either heavily discount the price and pay me for my time and effort, or fuck off.

Those that understand the need for good customer service will service their customers. Those that don't, passing the buck down and along to the customer, shrugging their shoulders and going "ehh, un-fuck your end of our service if you want the privilege of spending your money with us." ... no, you don't get my money anymore. Plenty of other places out there know how to treat someone, but those that don't put the effort into the transaction shouldn't reap the rewards of that sale.

Of course, all this being said, I've never ordered from VaporBeast before, so this isn't specifically targeted at them. I've considered it, I've filled carts without pulling the trigger - but seeing that there are issues with this specific aspect of sales, rubs me the wrong way. I think I'll keep my streak going.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well they seemed to have a good sale going for the revenger mod on Black Fri. List price was $38.97 and using code 'BLACK' got a 20% discount. So I tried to order, had to go through the verification process and against my better judgement I entered my name, last four of my ssn etc etc. Still wouldn't process.

It was before 5pm pst on Friday so I tried calling. Got a 'sorry, our lines are busy, leave your number and we'll call you back'. Never got a call back, no call Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. So I called them back and spoke to Monica. I was trying to get things sorted and hopefully still get the Black Friday sale since their system was borked. She basically said sorry, if the system doesn't work there's nothing we can do. Then she proceeds to tell me that 'oh well the sales on Cyber Monday are even better than they were on Black Fri.'

Unless there's a secret coupon code I'm unaware of that's so secret it's not posted on their site, the current code that works is 'YEAHBABY' which is 10% off. Not sure what math classes Monica took but where I'm from, 20% is generally greater than 10% regardless what day it is.

What an unhelpful company full of morons. That's the last time I'll waste my time with them. I'd rather pay 15-20% more and deal with people from the likes of fasttech who speak engrish as an 8th language who can get the friggin' job done. I'd hate to have to deal with that level of idiocy god forbid I had any issues with a product from them. And no one can figure out why people buy overseas, because our stateside companies SUCK. That's why.

I stopped looking there after they told me they couldnt ship me a tank because my state was on the list of states not allowing interstate tobacco product sales. I sent them an attourney's letter explaining an empty tank was not a tobacco product.

I also didnt like how every item was "BEASTLY BECAUASE..." And they also don't have competetive prices imo.

I think that's where I got my clone Hana 40w box from lol, that was my bad though for even ordering, not theirs LOL

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Customer service not withstanding, they just don't have competitive prices. Vapenw and 101 vape are much cheaper with superfast shipping. If I'm looking for vape gear ( not during a sale) I always check vapecrawler. A great resource for price comparisons.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know last year, they raised prices before they had a sale, not sure how many products they raised prices, but I saw a mod I wanted, but knew there was going to be a sale, so waited, when the sale started, I went back to the mod I wanted and they had raised the price on it, and didn't work out any cheaper, so I went somewhere else and bought from another vendor.

I use to buy quite a bit from them, but after that shady practice, I put them on my black list.

VU Sponsors