Become a Patron!

My favourite flavour-apparent internal leak, not a clone, real unicorn milk.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:eek:.....$22.64???? Holy fecal matter, Batman!!!
I bet I've got 6-10 bottles of my DIY crammed in my vape bag in my pocketbook. I remember all too well the pretentious, over-priced vendor juice!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
:eek:.....$22.64???? Holy fecal matter, Batman!!!
I bet I've got 6-10 bottles of my DIY crammed in my vape bag in my pocketbook. I remember all too well the pretentious, over-priced vendor juice!

I usually keep 10-15 bottles with me. But, I left in too big a hurry. Ran the numbers, figured I may run short before I got home. Stopped at what was supposed to be a reputable shop.

And here I am. Poorer, but a more experienced traveller now.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, we do what we gotta do man, I understand completely!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I got this juice mixed up this morning.
Right after shaking it up, I tried this and I will say that it has some great potential.

Graham Cracker on inhale with a decent creamy mouth feel on the exhale. The strawberry is there, it just is not coming out fully for me. I have to really search for it.

Can't wait to see how this develops!

P.S. So far this is nothing more than a clone

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have mixed this up using 6% SStraw...I have never had the real deal though.
After about a 5-6 day steep, another forum member took 20ml to a local B&M and 4 others also couldn't tell the difference from the real thing.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@krashkrieg I actually ordered some juice that said may require steeping. Does this mean just don't open it for a few weeks and let it age or am I supposed to let it breathe/open it?

Unfamiliar with this term :(

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@krashkrieg I actually ordered some juice that said may require steeping. Does this mean just don't open it for a few weeks and let it age or am I supposed to let it breathe/open it?

If there is a chemical taste then let it breath overnight. If not then just shake it once or twice a day and store in a cool dark place like a kitchen cabinet. Some don't require steeping but if it tastes off then some juices do improve over time.

thejman

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If there is a chemical taste then let it breath overnight. If not then just shake it once or twice a day and store in a cool dark place like a kitchen cabinet. Some don't require steeping but if it tastes off then some juices do improve over time.

Sounds good. Got 5 different juices from vape mall site and i literally.. I CANT WAIT :D sorry had to share my excitement there lol.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing to see here, JUST ANOTHER CLONE!

It definitely has potential and has nice flavor, so I will give it that.
----Signing off----

Last edited:

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing to see here, JUST ANOTHER CLONE!

It definitely has potential and has nice flavor, so I will give it that.
----Signing off----

I regard you as a respected mixer here and enjoy many a post by you, is it safe to assume you know the real UM well enough?
Just sayin' because there are an awful lot of folks that think it's spot on in taste
Although I guess it will always be a clone at heart...it works for almost everyone else as a proper duplication...

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

In addition to what others have chimed in with. most custards will need several days to a week or two to fully develop their potential.
Fruit mixes generally not as much.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I regard you as a respected mixer here and enjoy many a post by you, is it safe to assume you know the real UM well enough?
Just sayin' because there are an awful lot of folks that think it's spot on in taste
Although I guess it will always be a clone at heart...it works for almost everyone else as a proper duplication...
This one's certainly not a shake and vape and in my opinion it can't be fairly judged after a day or few. I made it about three weeks ago and it tastes completely different today than it did right after mixing, or even a week ago for that matter. I wouldn't advise anyone to write it off after a few days, it's actually quite good.

krashkrieg

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one's certainly not a shake and vape and in my opinion it can't be fairly judged after a day or few. I made it about three weeks ago and it tastes completely different today than it did right after mixing, or even a week ago for that matter. I wouldn't advise anyone to write it off after a few days, it's actually quite good.

Agreed, the stuff I vaped couple tanks of yesterday was mixed on 10/6 and tastes nothing like it did on 10/7 or 10/11 and probably needs another week to fully develop.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agreed, the stuff I vaped couple tanks of yesterday was mixed on 10/6 and tastes nothing like it did on 10/7 or 10/11 and probably needs another week to fully develop.
I've vaped 3-4ml a week since I made the 30ml bottle and will continue to do that till it's gone to note changes and a recommended steep time. But I really wouldn't recommend that anyone judge it before at least three weeks.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed mine on 9-18 so just about a month and it is a decent mix and well worth making but not an exact clone. I just tried the original a few days ago again and it is creamier.

I stopped by a vape shop and tried about 10 of there best sellers and wow was I disappointed. Not that there bad but there are a lot of DIY recipes that kick the snot out of the expensive store bought brands. I also picked up a bottle of Mother's Milk and have went through a couple of tanks but I have some DIY recipes that I actually prefer more. I wish I didn't spend the $21 in retrospect but at least I eased my mind that DIY was the best decision I ever made in regards to vaping.

One of the first thing I noticed when I smelled Mother's Milk is why aren't all the clones using Capella Cake Batter? It is really easy to smell that it is one of the ingredients. I think a lot are confusing pear with cake batter, pear may be in there but after smelling MM and then smelling cake batter it for sure is one of the ingredients as it is a distinctive smell. I did make a Suicide Bunny OB clone for a friend and it uses Cap cake batter, it is a little stronger than OB so I have to work on the recipe but my friend loves it. For those that don't know OB is MM without the strawberry.

I am just at the point now that I really don't care if I have an exact clone, just as long as it is tasty and I can vape it all day. My friends seem to agree as well, I have a friend that only vapes high end juices at $20 or above because he is fancy like that. I gave him about 7 different flavors of DIY and now he wants me to mix up some more. He told his sister that he is only planning on vaping what I make from now on and she has asked for some as well. That is high praise for DIY as he has the money to vape whatever he wants and wouldn't vape something if it wasn't the best he could get.

Of course these suckers......uhhhh, I mean friends are going to pay for what it costs to make plus a couple bucks more so that it helps fund my DIY hobby. There still paying pennies on the dollar though and there shocked at how much they can get for so little.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed mine on 9-18 so just about a month and it is a decent mix and well worth making but not an exact clone. I just tried the original a few days ago again and it is creamier.

I stopped by a vape shop and tried about 10 of there best sellers and wow was I disappointed. Not that there bad but there are a lot of DIY recipes that kick the snot out of the expensive store bought brands. I also picked up a bottle of Mother's Milk and have went through a couple of tanks but I have some DIY recipes that I actually prefer more. I wish I didn't spend the $21 in retrospect but at least I eased my mind that DIY was the best decision I ever made in regards to vaping.

One of the first thing I noticed when I smelled Mother's Milk is why aren't all the clones using Capella Cake Batter? It is really easy to smell that it is one of the ingredients. I think a lot are confusing pear with cake batter, pear may be in there but after smelling MM and then smelling cake batter it for sure is one of the ingredients as it is a distinctive smell. I did make a Suicide Bunny OB clone for a friend and it uses Cap cake batter, it is a little stronger than OB so I have to work on the recipe but my friend loves it. For those that don't know OB is MM without the strawberry.

I am just at the point now that I really don't care if I have an exact clone, just as long as it is tasty and I can vape it all day. My friends seem to agree as well, I have a friend that only vapes high end juices at $20 or above because he is fancy like that. I gave him about 7 different flavors of DIY and now he wants me to mix up some more. He told his sister that he is only planning on vaping what I make from now on and she has asked for some as well. That is high praise for DIY as he has the money to vape whatever he wants and wouldn't vape something if it wasn't the best he could get.

Of course these suckers......uhhhh, I mean friends are going to pay for what it costs to make plus a couple bucks more so that it helps fund my DIY hobby. There still paying pennies on the dollar though and there shocked at how much they can get for so little.
Good on you!! I love it when the "vaping elite" have to smoke crow.....lol!
I wonder if using the cake batter instead of custard would make it taste like the original.....

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol Teresa, I was unfortunatley one of those vaping elite douches too.....sigh. What made me make the switch was when I read about the serious levels of Diacetyl in brands like Five Pawns and others.

As far as MM I am pretty sure it also uses vanilla custard as well, at least that what it smells and vapes like. It seems to be a relatively simple recipe using all Capella ingredients i am thinking, just have to figure out which ingredients and the right percentage. With the OB clone I used Cap Cake batter, Vanilla custard V2, TFA sweet cream DX and Bavarian Cream DX. I didn't have Cap sweet cream and Bavarian at the time so just used what I had. I have to cut back on the Cake batter in my next mix, it is one of those flavors that will be at the forefront if used too much, sorta like FA Fuji or dragonfruit. My friend said the OB clone has the same flavor profile, just more powerful but he likes it, just maybe a little less flavor he says.

I haven't tried to clone MM yet but if I nail down OB then it should just be add cap sweet strawberry and you have a MM clone.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With all the fancy and elaborate descriptions a lot of these "premium" juice makers use for their liquids,if you were able to see the real ingredients used.it would probably surprise you at how simple some really are.I cant see vendors churning up 7-9 flavors per recipe. I have seen and tried clones of MM that had all kinds of flavors in it,and they didn't taste near as close as some that only had maybe 4 ingredients.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good point rjmara.

From an efficiency standpoint it is best to keep the recipes as simple as possible as well, a 4 flavor mix will keep lessen your stock and prep time more than a 10 flavor mix. I have tried some DIY recipes that call for 8 to 12 flavors with some using as little as .20% for some ingredients and you can cut out about half those flavors and still have something similar. Some of my favorite clones are only 2 or 3 flavors and the mixes I made myself that are actually good has about 6 flavors max. I am slowly learning to keep it simple stupid :D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good point rjmara.

From an efficiency standpoint it is best to keep the recipes as simple as possible as well, a 4 flavor mix will keep lessen your stock and prep time more than a 10 flavor mix. I have tried some DIY recipes that call for 8 to 12 flavors with some using as little as .20% for some ingredients and you can cut out about half those flavors and still have something similar. Some of my favorite clones are only 2 or 3 flavors and the mixes I made myself that are actually good has about 6 flavors max. I am slowly learning to keep it simple stupid :D
^^^^ This. I know people who turn their noses at a recipe with only two or three flavors. It doesn't have to be complex to be good. It only has to taste good to be good.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We need to hire a marketing team to pimp our e-liq Teresa, I am going to give it a shot for my next 3 flavor recipe:

It has a distinct aroma of fresh arabica beans that dances ever so slightly on the palette. You will be amazed at the way the cocoa imported from the French Alps caresses your taste buds while laying perfectly on a bed of fresh artisan blended brown sugar from Sicily, simmered to buttery perfection .

I just described a caramel mocha coffee......mmmmmmm and only $20 for 15 ml, whatta dealio!

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I had a bottle of the actual cuttwood UC Milk right next to me as I did side by side comparison.

It is possible that it needs a much longer steeping time, we shall see.
For me, currently this is not the actual recipe, it is a CLONE.
If after some time has passed and it changes, I will happily post an update.
I did have this steeping for at least a week, I am going to steep it longer.
Don't get me wrong, it is delicious and has great potential. However as of now, I don't really get it as tasting like Unicorn Milk. Sorry just being honest. Keep in mind, I do have a bottle of the actual stuff to compare it to.

edit: I merely share my results and personal opinions, thank you!

Last edited:

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From what I understand of most Cap creamy flavorings is that they do benefit from a good loooooooooooong steep. And since that whole recipe is Caps I'd steep it for at least a month.YMMV:cool:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I understand of most Cap creamy flavorings is that they do benefit from a good loooooooooooong steep. And since that whole recipe is Caps I'd steep it for at least a month.YMMV:cool:
Yes Dixie, that is what I am thinking myself.
For an update, I tried it again and it is developing nicely. I can't wait to see where this goes in a few weeks from now.

Nomuff2tuff

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ahh good to hear that the maker of the podcast even thought it smelt like it, and tasted like it, and even thought it could be the real thing. Thats good enough for me :), I am salivating now just thinking about it lol.

Also noted how the other guy stated that is basically the recipe there. He may be a bellend, but if it tastes like unicorn milk, with the real flavours, i'm glad its out there, even if it is slightly off.

If it is the genuine recipe however, I would guess the guy could get sued big time.

I will class it as a very good clone for now, as you said vaping side by side it tasted the same, to me thats enough. Shame he did not know the real percentages though.
yes I do make mods I had some on ebay most are sold but a few are left ,I am new to this site sort off took me a whike to figure out how to reply to ur email.it is best to send yours if you have a question.

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@conanthewarrior so I assume you got to listen to the show? Yeah there's a bunch of fuckery around it, but the recipe is pretty close. If you drop CAP SS down to 6% it's a little closer and creamier. @mjag is right that once I said it was spot on people started to really take notice of it where it grew to this huge thing. Some even thought I was the "Spy" trying to drum up hype to sell my new magazine...which I wish I had thought of cause it's genius. I think the actual recipe is all CAPELLA flavors, and that recipe that Cuttwoodspy posted is on the right track. It's probably A LOT more simple than we think. Most popular vendor juice is only 3-4 flavorings deep. My Sugar Bear clone is CAP VC1 4.5%, CAP Graham 1.5%, and CAP Sugar Cookie 4% and it's pretty darn close

No cinnamon ?

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
CAP Graham Cracker has some Cinnamon built in.
I wasn't sure if it was enough, then I realized the original in my draw was actually muffin man not sugar drizzle lolol, o man lol, well I have just about every ingredient there is so may as well try this one now lol

Guys, hope you're all well. Great resource here.

I have been vaping for around six months purely Unicorn Milk, it got me off 60 smokes a day and I'm freaking out.

Just coming to the end of my supply and I'm finding it really hard to get here in Ireland since Tpd went live. Luckily I stocked up on a bunch but now it's time to buy more, I'm really struggling and decided my best bet might be to try and make it myself.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but how did you all feel with this recipe after a month plus of steeping?

Did it come close? Is it as close as people say? Should it have less strawberry / more cream? Did anyone improve the recipe?

Absolutely appreciated in advance!

VU Sponsors