Become a Patron!

My first batch! Yeah!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is awesome.

So, I received my package from Heartlandvapes today. Everything I thought I needed to make some ejuice. Very pleased with the packaging and product, BTW.

I have quite a few animals being a country boy and horseman so measuring tools were not needed. I literally have boxes of different size syringes except 1ml but my sister owns a vet clinic so I got one from her. Anyway, I used ejuice me up for calculator and made 5ml each of 12mg nic and 50/50 PG/VG juice from the two flavors I bought. Apricot (FTA) and Rasberry (sweet) (FTA). Simple straight up flavors I thought I might like. I tried 10% with the rasberry first but it wasn't enough flavor. I ended up at 20% and really like it. I guess I'm a flavor junky. Who knew? LOL.

As a side note, I'm a really new vaper and have very limited experience in juices and flavors, even bought ones. I've only vaped one other fruit flavor so my bar for comparison is very low. It doesn't matter. I can make my own juice!

Now I need to make myself wait till next month to order more flavors. B-b-b-b-b-b-but I want more! Oh well. I can only vape one batch at a time anyway.

I'll end by thanking the forum, members, and other internet folks on youtube and such for putting the info out there for me to find.

Thanks!

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are off and running now, Time! Good for you, it will be a lot of fun to discover your taste in juices and all the wonderful flavors. If you haven't already, read all the sections here in the DIY section. There is so much knowledge posted! Let us know how you do, ok?

D

Donald Bickers

I started just like you Time , couple flavors vg pg and nic,,,,,that was 1 3/4 yrs ago,,,,,i now have over 50 flavors,,,,,don't be afraid to experiment as the raw materials are fairly moderately priced,,,,,,youll have a blast,let me know how your journey gos buddy,DIY is the only way to go !!!!!!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats on your first mix . Don't stop there ...... And while your waiting for next month to order, lurk around and get opinions on the best flavor company for what ever particular flavor your wanting.

All flavors and flavor companies are not created equal.
One may have a better X and another may have a more realistic Y

It's a journey for sure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Donald Bickers

Time the ejuice calculater I use is dot1ml,you should check it out,i really like it,,there are lots of them available,,just thought id throw that one at ya
Happy Vaping,Don

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are off and running now, Time! Good for you, it will be a lot of fun to discover your taste in juices and all the wonderful flavors. If you haven't already, read all the sections here in the DIY section. There is so much knowledge posted! Let us know how you do, ok?

Thanks! I'll definitely stick around, learn more and share my experiences. It's been fun so far.

I started just like you Time , couple flavors vg pg and nic,,,,,that was 1 3/4 yrs ago,,,,,i now have over 50 flavors,,,,,don't be afraid to experiment as the raw materials are fairly moderately priced,,,,,,youll have a blast,let me know how your journey gos buddy,DIY is the only way to go !!!!!!

I can see already the extra fridge in the garage is going to get plugged in and filled with ingredients. Hopefully not the whole fridge, lol.

Congrats on your first mix . Don't stop there ...... And while your waiting for next month to order, lurk around and get opinions on the best flavor company for what ever particular flavor your wanting.

All flavors and flavor companies are not created equal.
One may have a better X and another may have a more realistic Y

It's a journey for sure. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Now that I have a basic vape-able juice, I can build on that. Thanks a bunch.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
congrats dude !!!!!!! no better feeling right! being off the grips of cigarettes finally and enjoying vaping. and whats even cooler is being part of the DIY crew. right ?. :D this little hole in the wall DIY section that 90 % of vapers on forums do not look at is so fun. everyone is here to help and get you guided through DIY and secretly dying in anticipation to see what you come up with. rule number 1 is if you like it thats all that matters. who cares what others like ;) rule number 2 share ! no one has all the flavors , well I guess except @Smoky Blue lol.we all learn from each other. last rule of DIY fight club was forged deep in the mountains of colorado by the vape master @HeadInClouds rule number 3 is "Get mixin and vape faster"

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
This is awesome.

YAY!! :D

Anyway, I used ejuice me up for calculator and made 5ml each of 12mg nic and 50/50 PG/VG juice from the two flavors I bought. Apricot (FTA) and Rasberry (sweet) (FTA). Simple straight up flavors I thought I might like. I tried 10% with the rasberry first but it wasn't enough flavor. I ended up at 20% and really like it. I guess I'm a flavor junky. Who knew? LOL.

wow! think that is highest percentage of Raspberry Sweet I have ever seen used! :eek:
I do not go over 8% for mixes, but hey. if it works for you! ;)

As a side note, I'm a really new vaper and have very limited experience in juices and flavors, even bought ones. I've only vaped one other fruit flavor so my bar for comparison is very low. It doesn't matter. I can make my own juice!

yes, I wish you the best, @Time :) you will discover a whole new level of vaping and I hope you enjoy each and every step of the way! ;)

congrats dude !!!!!!! no better feeling right! being off the grips of cigarettes finally and enjoying vaping. and whats even cooler is being part of the DIY crew. right ?. :D this little hole in the wall DIY section that 90 % of vapers on forums do not look at is so fun. everyone is here to help and get you guided through DIY and secretly dying in anticipation to see what you come up with. rule number 1 is if you like it thats all that matters. who cares what others like ;) rule number 2 share ! no one has all the flavors , well I guess except @Smoky Blue lol.we all learn from each other. last rule of DIY fight club was forged deep in the mountains of colorado by the vape master @HeadInClouds rule number 3 is "Get mixin and vape faster"

Roflmao.. if you knew right now what I am looking at, wllmc.. :p:D
think today I will play spin the bottle with my flavors and see what all I come up with..
that should keep me busy for oh.. a couple hours.. :rolleyes:

btw.. the best calculator, without publicly announcing your mixes is...

http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

and it even does costs.. ;)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
think today I will play spin the bottle with my flavors and see what all I come up with..
haha thats kinda what im doing., what to make ? we shall see

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on your first mixes! Your tastebuds will change over time, so what you like today you'll probably change in a month :)

By the way, when you've done a little more mixing and are used to percentages, my favorite handy android calculator is POTV Ejuice Calculator. It's easiest to use when you've already made a base and only have one percentage of flavoring to plug in, but it saves me printing out sheets of paper at the PC to take to the kitchen!

NiaJane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congratulations! Isn't it fun?
Keep reading and mixing. The people here are so generous and helpful.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks. It is fun and I have to say DIY is already more rewarding than just buying some juice and vaping it. But, I DIY my own vegetables too for the same reason. They just taste better if I grow em. LOL

I'm already chain vaping faster than a wic can get juice to the coil, LOL. I got rule number three covered.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YAY!! :D

wow! think that is highest percentage of Raspberry Sweet I have ever seen used! :eek:
I do not go over 8% for mixes, but hey. if it works for you! ;)

yes, I wish you the best, @Time :) you will discover a whole new level of vaping and I hope you enjoy each and every step of the way! ;)

btw.. the best calculator, without publicly announcing your mixes is...

http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

and it even does costs.. ;)

20% on the raspberry might end up being too high but I think I still have a smokers tongue. Flavors I've been vaping are just starting to stand out. I didn't taste the sweetness of the tobacco flavored juice I've been vaping until two days ago. I was just starting to like, taste it, when I ran out.

Thanks for calculator. It's great. I really like the cost feature.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
20% on the raspberry might end up being too high but I think I still have a smokers tongue. Flavors I've been vaping are just starting to stand out. I didn't taste the sweetness of the tobacco flavored juice I've been vaping until two days ago. I was just starting to like, taste it, when I ran out.

Thanks for calculator. It's great. I really like the cost feature.

if at any time you think it's too much flavor, remember, you can cut it down ;)

*but it is easier to add more, than to cut it..

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if at any time you think it's too much flavor, remember, you can cut it down ;)

*but it is easier to add more, than to cut it..

Yeah, I thought of that. Both points. Thanks.

I gave both flavors a taste this morning thinking my excitement at the hobby may have influenced my taste buds yesterday but they still taste great to me. That's good because I made 30ml more of each and put them away. That should get me by until I get more flavors.

I've read a bunch on steeping and there is no consensus so I decided to go with the one that matches my username. :D

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time for round two into mixing. I ordered 10 more TFA flavors. I plan to do more stand alone mixes and some proven recipes and I have enough now I can start doing my own experimenting after that. Mostly fruit and some sweet stuff like cheesecake, creams, cupcake that could go with fruit.

Even better, I orderd a new amp for my stereo so I can sit in the man cave and rock out while I mix. Everything should be here about the same time! Tunes, flavors and a couple of RDA's. I'll try to come out for Thanksgiving but no promises.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ha! just wait till the little ones start their trick or treating this weekend..
I predict you will be up and out before Nov 1st :p

haha!! hope you are getting the hang of things, @Time ..
remember, go slow.. try out your flavors in singles till you find your spot on each one..
from there, you can take it anywhere ;)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah, Halloween. Forgot about that. But my orders won't be here by then so I won't be holed up yet and worse, 'cause I like Halloween, I'm a country bumkin and well, the little ones don't usually wander out this way. It's rare.

So far so good on the little bit I've done so far. Flavor has been good.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I first started vapping I could not taste anything so I was vapping cinnamon red hot at 20%. I smoked cigs for 45+ years. Now that I'm off the smokes my taste buds are coming back and I can enjoy fruit, cream, etc. flavors and when I do cinnamon red hot at 5% it is enough to make me happy. I also use Heartlandvapes, I trust them and they are an Oklahoma based company with a good clean lab.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is awesome.

So, I received my package from Heartlandvapes today. Everything I thought I needed to make some ejuice. Very pleased with the packaging and product, BTW.

I have quite a few animals being a country boy and horseman so measuring tools were not needed. I literally have boxes of different size syringes except 1ml but my sister owns a vet clinic so I got one from her. Anyway, I used ejuice me up for calculator and made 5ml each of 12mg nic and 50/50 PG/VG juice from the two flavors I bought. Apricot (FTA) and Rasberry (sweet) (FTA). Simple straight up flavors I thought I might like. I tried 10% with the rasberry first but it wasn't enough flavor. I ended up at 20% and really like it. I guess I'm a flavor junky. Who knew? LOL.

Now I need to make myself wait till next month to order more flavors. B-b-b-b-b-b-but I want more! Oh well. I can only vape one batch at a time anyway.

I'll end by thanking the forum, members, and other internet folks on youtube and such for putting the info out there for me to find.

Thanks!
yummy make me some I will trade you some DIY to DIY maybe we need a thread where we do not trade recipes we just make a crazy juice not tell the other what it is and just trade.. Congrats.. Its been 13 months for me doing DIY and I still feel stupid compared to HIC and others on here

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on taking the leap! I think it can sound more cnfusing than it really is, in the beginning. I've been mostly mixing up single flavors and have found some that I love. My watermelon bubblegum didn't go well, but I have since read more about both flavors. The bubblegum especially does not taste as good as what you remember. Just look at hic's recipe, or maybe not, don't want to scare you away! :) Just keep on mixing!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

My second order came in, all TFA. 8 new flavors and sweetener (TFA) and Cottoncandy (TFA). Yep, I know about em crystals. I'm lazy. ;)

I guess at some point I should mention that I'm bucking the trend and most advice given to noobs like me. I've been buying bulk from the beginning. 4oz bottles of flavors I've never tried. 1 liter of 100mg nic. Sure, I might end up with a big ass bottle of flavor I don't like but I've spent more on a hamburger I didn't like than I am on a single flavor. Many times, LOL. If my math is right, I'll save more on the flavors I do like than I will lose on flavors I don't.

Anyway, bucking the trend continues. I sat down and mixed 7 mixes, some at 10ml and 15ml, that I've never tried before and haven't tasted any of them yet.These are not of my own recipes. I've stolen them and have put my faith in the DIY crowd to have given vapeable goods. In other words, if they ain't good, it's your fault. LOL.

On a more serious note, I'm having fun and am looking forward to getting into my new juice stash. Hopefully, there will be something tasty in the lot.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time.. that is ok.. but go slow and if you don't like a flavor right now..
set it aside for a bit and go back.. never know.. ;)

tastes do change!

Thanks, Smokey Blue. I am going kinda slow. There is a method to my madness, LOL. I made some 5ml "shake and vape" batches because my Nautilus likes to be full and that's what I vape out of most of the time. I test in it, also against the trend, because that is what the finished juice needs to taste good in. The idea is to vape the new "shake and vape" and try them out and I made 10ml and 15ml batches of mixes that can use steeping. For whatever reason, I prefer old juice. So, I have some mixes I can vape for a week or two while the others are steeping. I have gone with the steeping method that fits my user name. And if one of the steeping juices happens to be good, I wanted the batch to be big enough that I would have some to vape while I steep another batch.

@Time Great write up brother! I'm just starting diy and have found flavors not what I was expecting. I purchased tfa and Capella. I started at 5% and went to 20% waiting on the steep... You are lucky in my mind that you found the rasberry was a shake n vape. Non of the flavors I ordered were that. I ought to order up some rasberry!! Anyway keep off the stinkies and keep posting your progress!!

BtrHlzThnU13

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gratz on your first batch, Time! I'm ordering supplies soon to make my own ejuice. I'm beside myself with anticipation! New adventures are exciting. Haha!

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks. It's been a bit over a year since I posted this thread. Stand alone TFA raspberry(sweet) is still my favorite vape.

Hopefully you'll both be as happy as I was while getting into DIY. It really is nice to accomplish some goals. If I can help in any way, let me know. I've kept things simple over the last year using recipes others have shared and never got into trying to invent my own complex recipes.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors