Become a Patron!

My first build

Dimples

Member For 3 Years
Months of reading and watching paid off. My very first try actually worked (mostly). There was a fireworks display at first, lots of popping and spitting. Read some more and rewicked a little thicker. I can actually taste a little now! I couldn't have done it without all of you. Thank you!
First Bulid Cropped.jpg
I think placing the coil a little higher and more outward over the air holes next time.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Months of reading and watching paid off. My very first try actually worked (mostly). There was a fireworks display at first, lots of popping and spitting. Read some more and rewicked a little thicker. I can actually taste a little now! I couldn't have done it without all of you. Thank you!
View attachment 99863
I think placing the coil a little higher and more outward over the air holes next time.

Congrats Dimples :stars2: Hows the vape?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
View attachment 99863
Yeah, you will want the coil directly above your air flow tubes to maximize airflow over and around the coils. Which, will also make dripping easier..

Also... you have a Tsunami RDA. Best flavor atomizer I have. Now more fun.. single core clapton! Try it.

Last edited:

Dimples

Member For 3 Years
Yeah, you will want the coil directly above your air flow tubes to maximize airflow over and around the coils. Which, will also make dripping easier..

Also... you have a Tsunami RDA. Best flavor atomizer I have. Now more fun.. single core clapton! Try it.
Thanks for confirming. I'm learning :) A single functioning coil and you're talking Clapton? What a vote of confidence ;)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks great :cheers: as stated already, try to position your coils above the air holes for best results, and dont worry too much at this point. theres a lot of info to pick up when you are doing this for your first couple times, but if its vaping and you arent smoking, then you are doing it right. youll get the rest with time. claptons arent so far out imo, if thats where you want to go with it. welcome to the forums :cheers:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
thank you! My needs are modest after smoking for 52 years and it's working for me. I'm happy to begin to be able to taste the juice a little and with dripping, a whole new world is open. Lots of DIY flavors to play with now :confetti:
Congrats on the build! You'll save a ton of money from buying pre-built coils, now you can spend it on more flavor concentrates for your DIY. :D

Check out our DIY forum here on VU. We would be glad to have your thoughts and ideas and maybe we can help you out if you have questions. There are a ton of great recipes there as well.

Dimples

Member For 3 Years
Congrats on the build! You'll save a ton of money from buying pre-built coils, now you can spend it on more flavor concentrates for your DIY. :D

Check out our DIY forum here on VU. We would be glad to have your thoughts and ideas and maybe we can help you out if you have questions. There are a ton of great recipes there as well.

The DIY forum is one of the places I read here daily and have learned a lot. Many trial 10 mls with only 1 throw away so far. Building will allow me to keep trying until I can finally taste something :ejuice:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks for confirming. I'm learning :) A single functioning coil and you're talking Clapton? What a vote of confidence ;)
LOL Have you watched my videos in the sticky? Coil building for beginners? Man, if THIS idiot can do it.. any body can. I didn't even edit out mistakes... just undo and continue on. The entire point of those videos is to take the fear out of trying your hand at coil building and show some basic, functioning coils that may not be super fancy, but do what they need to do. I see in your last post

until I can finally taste something
and clapton coils provide a lot more flavor. Even just a single core clapton will be a big boost in flavor.

Dimples

Member For 3 Years
LOL Have you watched my videos in the sticky? Coil building for beginners? Man, if THIS idiot can do it.. any body can. I didn't even edit out mistakes... just undo and continue on. The entire point of those videos is to take the fear out of trying your hand at coil building and show some basic, functioning coils that may not be super fancy, but do what they need to do. I see in your last post

and clapton coils provide a lot more flavor. Even just a single core clapton will be a big boost in flavor.

I watched many videos, including yours, many times and learned that this is both an art and a science. Watching also helped me choose the RDA, Tsunami 24. It looked doable and I got lucky the first try.
Now you've given me a reason to study claptons soon!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I watched many videos, including yours, many times and learned that this is both an art and a science. Watching also helped me choose the RDA, Tsunami 24. It looked doable and I got lucky the first try.
Now you've given me a reason to study claptons soon!
Tip... Keep your core wire short to start. 1 or 2 (8 to 16 inch) coils worth. Its easier to manage.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I built my first functional clapton tonight then followed a short time later by my very first fused clapton. I was so stoked from the successful clapton I went for broke and now I'm happily vaping the fused clapton. If I can do it ANYONE can. Triple core fused clapton is my next challenge.

Good luck. There is something very satisfying about vaping a coil that you made with your own hands.

VU Sponsors