Become a Patron!

my first DNA40 mod,,,

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
T1 modd.jpg Built this at home with a DNA40 chip, and a few other parts. Uses two 18650's and is made out of aluminum 6061 and carbon fiber tubes. Its made to be able to change out batterys instead of charging them to save room inside, which there is very little,,,
added a pic with a kayfun for size reference,,,
T1 mod.jpg T1 inside.jpg

Last edited:

GulfVapor

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude, sick setup.

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Longroad,, Freemind it is not hard at all to change batteries. Just hold top and bottom together and take out four screws, two on each side. The only wire in the way is the bottom one which is ground(neg) and there is extra length in it to allow access. Takes longer to write about it,,,

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man, oh man! That is the sickest mod I've ever seen! Outstanding work, just outstanding! WOW! I've drooled all over my keyboard.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 9707 Built this at home with a DNA40 chip, and a few other parts. Uses two 18650's and is made out of aluminum 6061 and carbon fiber tubes. Its made to be able to change out batterys instead of charging them to save room inside, which there is very little,,,
added a pic with a kayfun for size reference,,,
View attachment 9695 View attachment 9697

Very nice craftsmanship @Texasdawg. Are the tubes actually CF or just with the appearance? Would you mind posting a link for that? Thanks and congrats!

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Nice looking mod!!!

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all,,, Westpole the CF tubes are real CF. The fleabay vendor where I got mine has none now, but my original search was 22mmODx20mmID CF tube and there is other places that have it. Its used in the RC field alot to make planes and helios. I used 18650's, so that is the size I looked for. I get about 20 hr's worth of vaping out of the two batteries, which is at least two days for me. Buying another DNA40 chip soon and making a single 18650 mod with it,,,

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
have a DNA 30 I need do do something with. It was in a mod that took a swan dive and was broken. The DNA30 is fine. The negative separated from the board, nothing sodder wont cure. The only issue is it is a analog, digital, but I can open the back of a mod to adjust, it wouldn't be a big deal. I still have the fire button. I just need a mod case, battery box and 510 connect. The old 510 was a ego type, I want a regular connector.

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks all,,, Westpole the CF tubes are real CF. The fleabay vendor where I got mine has none now, but my original search was 22mmODx20mmID CF tube and there is other places that have it. Its used in the RC field alot to make planes and helios. I used 18650's, so that is the size I looked for. I get about 20 hr's worth of vaping out of the two batteries, which is at least two days for me. Buying another DNA40 chip soon and making a single 18650 mod with it,,,

Thanks for the CF lead. You saved a lot of weight with those! :)

GulfVapor

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Did you mill out the aluminum caps yourself?

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I have a small mill,,,, makes these kind of projects easier. Although thinking up things to do gets expensive sometimes,,, its the raw material and tooling that adds up. Have more in tooling than the mill cost,,,

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I have a small mill,,,, makes these kind of projects easier. Although thinking up things to do gets expensive sometimes,,, its the raw material and tooling that adds up. Have more in tooling than the mill cost,,,

You said it re tooling! Which mini mill are you using? Been eyeing a couple variants of the Sieg.

Texasdawg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have an X2 variant, forget where I got it from. Maybe little machine shop? Had it delivered but I bought my lathe local. I've motorised the x axis and put a belt drive on the drive motor. Have digital indicators on the x,y, and z axis and replaced all the keystock that keeps the ways tight and adjusted with delrin. Absorbs vibration well and smoother,,, Id save alittle more and buy an X3 variant if I did it over although there was no X3 when I got mine,,,

VU Sponsors