Become a Patron!

My First LiPo Box Mod

Hey everyone! So I'm planning on making a lithium polymer box using a 2s 7.4 Volt 1800mah 20C battery. I have looked at some vaping power and safety calculators and I would plan to limit the voltage to about five volts.

According to some calculations if I limit the voltage to 5 volts and use a 0.4 ohm coil I should have,
5 Volts
0.4 Ohms
62.5 Watts
12.5 Amps

According to what I have read for safety, the battery needs to be rated over 12.5 Amps and since my battery is 20C and 1800 mah, I should have 36 amp compatibility which is more than enough correct? For safety I also have a voltage/alarm to connect to the JST plug on the lipo. I also plan to wire in a mofset and master on/off switch.

Now here is my main question... What is the best way to limit the voltage? I have looked at linear voltage regulators and also adjustable ones like the LM2596 module. Would these be good options? What would you guys suggest that wouldn't break the bank?

I will attach my basic wiring diagram for the LM2596. Please look at them and tell me what you think!
Thanks everyone!!!

Attachments

• diagram lm2596.png
    diagram lm2596.png
    76.2 KB · Views: 55

VU Sponsors