Become a Patron!

My first unregulated Mod: Hammer of God V2

Kriegers_clone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nice im running 4 2015 mkjo's in my v1 right now an they seem to be holding up pretty well but they cant handle anything below a .25

Kriegers_clone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok iv been vaping for over a year now an i think i might need help with this one i just got my v2 with 4 new vtc5's fully charged an i put a dual clapton coil on it with the coil at .65 ohm an as soon as i hit the power button the coil just melted

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
ok iv been vaping for over a year now an i think i might need help with this one i just got my v2 with 4 new vtc5's fully charged an i put a dual clapton coil on it with the coil at .65 ohm an as soon as i hit the power button the coil just melted
.65 ohms? Hmmmm I run mine at .12 ohms. Never tried any coils above .3 ohms. Dumb question, but did you put your batteries in correctly? Easy to mess that one up on the V2.

Kriegers_clone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yea the batterys were in right im pretty sure it was just the deck might have just shorted cuz i can use other stuff on it

Kriegers_clone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hog v1& hog v2

Attachments

• tmp_12616-20151103_112108-1941750529.jpg
    tmp_12616-20151103_112108-1941750529.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 72

Smokin' Iron

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, have I been looking at this mod! It's very tempting.

I'm already running a authentic Buddha V2 on a Cherry Bomber V2 switch box in series mode.
20151108_122430_zps5yetdior.jpg

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think I'm going to get one of these as well as my first unregulated mod.

I have v2 #79 with a legit zephyr v1.2 with twisted 26g Clapton's. It's at a .28 and hitting comfortable. I had a quad twisted 26g dual coil sitting at .17 and it was OK once you got used to it but at first anything more than 2-3 seconds was nuts lol.

Fishman1704

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was reading earlier in the post where you showed a .1 ohm build. My math comes to 705.6 watts. Scary. But what it's even scarier is the 84 amp draw this thing is pulling through your batteries at that level. Even vct batteries will max out at 60 amps. I'm glad you upped your ohm level. I bet it goes through the juice at 243 watts on your .29 build. Safe with the parallel but man that has got to hurt.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I was reading earlier in the post where you showed a .1 ohm build. My math comes to 705.6 watts. Scary. But what it's even scarier is the 84 amp draw this thing is pulling through your batteries at that level. Even vct batteries will max out at 60 amps. I'm glad you upped your ohm level. I bet it goes through the juice at 243 watts on your .29 build. Safe with the parallel but man that has got to hurt.
You do mean .01 Ohms right? .1 isnt low at all, especially for these Quad Parallel Boxes.

Note: I see with the V2 in Series that is a dangerous build, even for them being parallel....

Last edited:

Fishman1704

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Capture+_2016-01-04-21-37-32.png no I meant .1 which is ridiculously low for a 8.4 volt setup.

Attachments

• Capture+_2016-01-04-21-37-32.png
    Capture+_2016-01-04-21-37-32.png
    426.8 KB · Views: 31

dry_hit

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't forget the V1 is parallel, the V2 is paralleled series. V1 4.2v, V2 8.4v

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Don't forget the V1 is parallel, the V2 is paralleled series. V1 4.2v, V2 8.4v

This is where I keep screwing up, thinking 4.2V and not 8.4V, I only have the V1 and keep forgetting the V2 can do series...

Kriegers_clone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you guys with the v2 need to go get your selves some Samsung 25r5 greens they are nice batteries being as they pump 100 amp pulse up to 3 sec

first post!

OP has his watts all sorts of wrong. Just put in my lowest build on mt HOG v2 @.18 ohm. I've put mostly fused and staggered claptons it in anywhere from .23-.32 but just made a quad 24 gauge, 11 wrap on a 3.6id on my Temple and it came out to .18. (was going for a .2) Steam engine says that's a * hair shy of 400w. It's also just under 47 amps. I'm useing 60 amp Facefire batteries so I know I'm safe. (jk) I'm useing 25r5s. I was told pulse was 5 seconds and if you can hit this for 5 seconds you're a better man/woman than me.

@Kriegers_clone you're saying 3 seconds pulse, I've been told 5 and my bud tells me 10. I have room for 2/3 wraps so back to the drawing board.

I must say i've hit it a few dozen times and the flavor is HOLY SHIT!

Some of the calculations on here are all wrong...use your ohms calculators guys...you're gonna set your faces on fire..also if you wanna cloudchase read up on proper battery tests...know things like parallel doesn't exactly double your amp limit...1.5 is a more realistic expectation....vaperrox has his shit all fucked...how are you coming up with these figures?...a talking turd?....do some reading before you even think about buying a series box!!

I've been experimenting and right now I've got a quad twisted 28g 3mm inner diameter 10wrap dual coil build in my temple rda on the hammer now and it's perfect. I haven't checked the omh reading on it yet lol been using it for a week now

Kriegers_clone

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20160304_225407.jpg iv been experimenting with a lot of different coils on the v2 an haven't yet found one that is a nice enough build that also doesn't burn out the cotton from the middle of the coil within a couple days any thoughts on something to build?
currently using a 24/.5 ribbon sabbertooth paralleled with 20 gauge kenthal around a 3.5mm 8 wrap

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
image.jpg

Still my favorite set up. 3x26n80/32n80 aliens 3.6mm id 8 wrap.

Other favorites are 26n80 FC, 24a1 FC and quad 14 wrap 24n80 on a Temple.

Gheed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaporoxx's math is right, everybody else is wrong. (including me) He does need new batteries. He has a shit load of sag.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Was never really interested in owning one but I'm very curious about the V3 they have up on their site

So how is it? Im thinking about getting one. Worth getting over a regualur dual? Show us something man! That is the quad 18650 Hammer of God!!
I have one as well I like it alot definitely worth the money I used a Mason 40 mm for a while and now have the obese Buddha and the Buddha V2

JonathanJ

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 47031 iv been experimenting with a lot of different coils on the v2 an haven't yet found one that is a nice enough build that also doesn't burn out the cotton from the middle of the coil within a couple days any thoughts on something to build?
currently using a 24/.5 ribbon sabbertooth paralleled with 20 gauge kenthal around a 3.5mm 8 wrap
How do you make this build please? Dead keen on trying it!

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How is amp draw split among the 4 batteries in para series?

Let's assume:

8.4v / 0.10 ohms = 84 amps

Is it 21 amp draw per battery?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
How is amp draw split among the 4 batteries in para series?

Let's assume:

8.4v / 0.10 ohms = 84 amps

Is it 21 amp draw per battery?
you have 2 series sets running in parallel so (assuming using 20 amp batteries like samsung 30q)
series set 1 8.4 volts 20 amp limit
series set 2 8.4 20 amp limit
when running them in parallel you get 50% more amp headroom (safe guideline) then by itself so 20 * 1.5 = 30 amp limit

so in short using a mod like this with 20 amp batteries gives you 30 amp limit and 8.4 as your voltage to plus into a ohms law calculator. when you do that you will see your minimum resistance should be .28ohms

if you want to build down to .1 ohms the only safe device would be a parallel box/mech with 30 amp batteries (LG HB6) which would allow up to 45 amps (30 * 1.5) at 4.2 volts. a .1 ohm build would be 42 amps at 4.2 volts

VapeS1000r

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you
I don't mean to sound rude or discredit you but how sure are you?
I've searched a whole lot online but haven't found any info

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thank you
I don't mean to sound rude or discredit you but how sure are you?
I've searched a whole lot online but haven't found any info
I'm very sure in the way you come up with a safe limit for your batteries. Below are some safe guidelines

Remember to always pick good batteries based on Moochs Rating not whats on the wrapper!

Moochs Recommend Batteries https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/moochs-recommended-batteries.7593/

Always Use married Batteries! batteries that are the same exact ones that were purchased together, used together, and charged together at all times for devices that take multiple batteries

best options from his list (18650)
20 amp = Samsung 30Q
25 amp = Sony VCT5a
30 amp = Lg HB6
Buy from legit sites only like illumn.com liionwholesale.com and IMRbatteries.com.
Don't buy batteries off ebay or amazon!

For unregulated/mech mods
use ohms law calculator
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator
for series use voltage 8.4 and current as your batteries CDR rating
for single battery use voltage 4.2 and your current as your batteires CDR
for parallel use voltage 4.2 and one batteries current times 1.5 (example a pair of 30 amp batteries would be good for 45 amps because 30 times 1.5 = 45)
General rule 30 amp batteries lowest safe resistance
quad battery series/parallel .19
dual series .28
dual parallel .09
single battery .14
General rule 20 amp batteries lowest safe resistance
quad battery series/parallel .28
dual series .42
dual parallel .14
single battery .21
General rule 25 amp batteries lowest safe resistance
quad battery series/parallel .23
dual series .34
dual parallel .11
single battery .17

we also have a stickied thread here that explains it as well http://vapingunderground.com/threads/anthony-vapes-presents-vaping-safety-101.300140/

I bolded the lines that would be the one's used for the HoG V3

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So... You are an expert if you post a video of something? (Because if it's on the net, it HAS to be true?) That was a narcissistic answer dude.

Provide him links to the info so he can read and study for himself. Don't just use the forum to self promote your channel man. You are not the only guy holding the award for vape knowledge.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So... You are an expert if you post a video of something? (Because if it's on the net, it HAS to be true?) That was a narcissistic answer dude.

Provide him links to the info so he can read and study for himself. Don't just use the forum to self promote your channel man. You are not the only guy holding the award for vape knowledge.
I wasn't trying to do that by any means nor did I imply that because I made a video I'm an expert. All I did was say I was sure in my answer and that I have a video explaining it more in detail. But u are correct I should have linked the video, I just didn't have time to make a longer response when I replied to that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wasn't trying to do that by any means nor did I imply that because I made a video I'm an expert. All I did was say I was sure in my answer and that I have a video explaining it more in detail. But u are correct I should have linked the video, I just didn't have time to make a longer response when I replied to that.

To be honest, you could have either went back and edited the post, or requoted them and added helpful links. You didn't. But you did take the time, to explain why you are whoring your video.

If you want to do videos that's fine. You want to link a video to something helpful (of yours) that others aren't doing, that's fine too. I have no problem with those things.

But lately, it seems, you are self promoting at every damn opportunity. You are not the only guy here with a channel on YouTube, but you seem to be the only one spamming your vids at every opportunity.

Instead of pimping yet another video, you could have helped the guy by providing links to other places supporting your claims. Not just whoring another of your videos in hopes of a few more views.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
To be honest, you could have either went back and edited the post, or requoted them and added helpful links. You didn't. But you did take the time, to explain why you are whoring your video.

If you want to do videos that's fine. You want to link a video to something helpful (of yours) that others aren't doing, that's fine too. I have no problem with those things.

But lately, it seems, you are self promoting at every damn opportunity. You are not the only guy here with a channel on YouTube, but you seem to be the only one spamming your vids at every opportunity.

Instead of pimping yet another video, you could have helped the guy by providing links to other places supporting your claims. Not just whoring another of your videos in hopes of a few more views.
I just edited the post to provide info since I have more time now.
You'll have to excuse me, some people come looking for help ask a question take the 1st response and never come back. I was using the tapatalk app on my phone and walking my kids to school, I didn't have time to make a long drawn out response but wanted to get him pointed in the right direction. I didn't want some crazy response we see at times where someone says it's safe to build stupidly low.

And my point of making the video was so we don't have to all keep repeating the same info over and over. I don't think a battery safety video is promoting my channel. it's much easier to listen and understand then it is to read long drawn out posts for a lot of people. Whats the difference in posting a video over a written post? you see it all the time. how many times we see people post reviewer videos when people ask for opinions on things. how many times do we link back to moochs blog. I fail to see the issue. If I'm doing anything out of line I sure haven't gotten any complaints or warnings from the mods. Bottom line is on a forum like this we are all adults. and we can all act as such. There is no reason for animosity towards each other(not saying you are, just in general). we can all enjoy the hobby and discussing it and helping new people. There are lots of knowledgeable people here for sure and it's a great place. Nobody wants to see people get hurt. 1st off because i don't wish any ill will towards anyone and 2nd off because it looks bad for vaping as people use it to "rally against ecigs" anything I can do to help prevent that I'm going to do. and I'm sure many others , like yourself feel the same way or you wouldn't have responded. If were all here to help and inform we should be able to do so with a mutual respect for each other. I think we are all past the age of being jerks to people just because we think it's funny or cool. If you have an issue I'm more then willing to discuss it. Hit me up with a PM and we can talk like adults, but lets try and keep the threads themselves as clean as possible so it's easy for people to find them and get the info they need ;)

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What brand of 18650s would you suggest for the v2 I'm planning on marring the battery's an iv done some research an iv come up with vtc5s but there non existent anymore except fakes

Illumn has VTC4/5/6. I haven't bought their 5's, but have the 4/6 and everything I've purchased from them has been authentic.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Here's a review from someone with the mod, he briefly goes over the build and what not

Also here is a thread on reddit that mentions some of the things to look for
https://www.reddit.com/r/Cloud_Chasers/comments/3hshfu/hammer_of_god/

And here is a simple explanation on how series and parallel works for batteries

I'm sorry I don't know the mod, nor do I know it's battery configuration. But hopefully this info helps you figure out what you need to know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gobbly

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I always like to use water pipes to illustrate electrical circuits. For parallel vs serial I like to think of 2 pipes of the same diameter. If the water pressure is the same, the difference in volume of water you can move per unit of time between putting the pipes side by side (forming a pipe twice as wide) vs fitting them end to end (forming a pipe twice as long) is the basic idea behind serial vs parallel circuits. The resistance is the diameter and length of pipe, the voltage is the water pressure, and the amps is the water itself. Be aware that this analogy works well to get a general understanding, but does break down when you start to dive deeper.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I always like to use water pipes to illustrate electrical circuits. For parallel vs serial I like to think of 2 pipes of the same diameter. If the water pressure is the same, the difference in volume of water you can move per unit of time between putting the pipes side by side (forming a pipe twice as wide) vs fitting them end to end (forming a pipe twice as long) is the basic idea behind serial vs parallel circuits. The resistance is the diameter of the pipe, the voltage is the water pressure, and the amps is the water itself. Be aware that this analogy works well to get a general understanding, but does break down when you start to dive deeper.
I do the same when I explain it...
It's I one of the easiest ways to illustrate it
I wrote this a while back to explain some of the basics for Vaping
http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/for-the-new-and-inexperenced-vapor.16/

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just edited the post to provide info since I have more time now.
You'll have to excuse me, some people come looking for help ask a question take the 1st response and never come back. I was using the tapatalk app on my phone and walking my kids to school, I didn't have time to make a long drawn out response but wanted to get him pointed in the right direction. I didn't want some crazy response we see at times where someone says it's safe to build stupidly low.

And my point of making the video was so we don't have to all keep repeating the same info over and over. I don't think a battery safety video is promoting my channel. it's much easier to listen and understand then it is to read long drawn out posts for a lot of people. Whats the difference in posting a video over a written post? you see it all the time. how many times we see people post reviewer videos when people ask for opinions on things. how many times do we link back to moochs blog. I fail to see the issue. If I'm doing anything out of line I sure haven't gotten any complaints or warnings from the mods. Bottom line is on a forum like this we are all adults. and we can all act as such. There is no reason for animosity towards each other(not saying you are, just in general). we can all enjoy the hobby and discussing it and helping new people. There are lots of knowledgeable people here for sure and it's a great place. Nobody wants to see people get hurt. 1st off because i don't wish any ill will towards anyone and 2nd off because it looks bad for vaping as people use it to "rally against ecigs" anything I can do to help prevent that I'm going to do. and I'm sure many others , like yourself feel the same way or you wouldn't have responded. If were all here to help and inform we should be able to do so with a mutual respect for each other. I think we are all past the age of being jerks to people just because we think it's funny or cool. If you have an issue I'm more then willing to discuss it. Hit me up with a PM and we can talk like adults, but lets try and keep the threads themselves as clean as possible so it's easy for people to find them and get the info they need ;)
Well, the problem was, you were pimping YOUR video. You were making the discussion an end all at your video.

If you want to be helpful, you could have linked other sources. THAT is helpful, IMO. Nothing wrong with saying "here is my video, in addition to these other sources of info".

It's great you want to help other people. Just don't make it a spam ad for your channel. If you are on the go, and can't answer a question the way it should be, just wait until you have time. The thread isn't going anywhere.

But if you notice the way others that ARE also YouTubers, they aren't always fronting their videos either. If people LIKE your reviews, you don't need to make them feel like you are shoving them down their throat either.

So no, I don't particularly have a problem with you. I just don't care for the spamming of your channel, that's all.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well, the problem was, you were pimping YOUR video. You were making the discussion an end all at your video.

If you want to be helpful, you could have linked other sources. THAT is helpful, IMO. Nothing wrong with saying "here is my video, in addition to these other sources of info".

It's great you want to help other people. Just don't make it a spam ad for your channel. If you are on the go, and can't answer a question the way it should be, just wait until you have time. The thread isn't going anywhere.

But if you notice the way others that ARE also YouTubers, they aren't always fronting their videos either. If people LIKE your reviews, you don't need to make them feel like you are shoving them down their throat either.

So no, I don't particularly have a problem with you. I just don't care for the spamming of your channel, that's all.

I understand what your saying. I don't see it as spamming it's not like someone posts about something and I start throwing reviews out for completely different things. I use relevant videos and post when they are helpful. Like if someone asked if they should but a fuchai 213 plus I'd post my video on it.

On the flipside i do understand what you mean. Obviously I post my videos quite a bit. I get a lot of feedback and thanks from people however. At least 20 to 1 over people complaining. I've seen about 3-4 people including yourself make comments about it. And I know 2 of them personally don't like me so they'll complain about anything.

Not only that but I get 0 personal gain from my channel. It's expensive and time consuming and takes a lot of effort to make videos. But I enjoy it. I get no money no free stuff I don't put ads on my channel so it's not like I'm out for personal gain. If I was I could see it being a bigger issue for sure.

As far as other reviewers go I do see them do it as well. At least the ones that are regular members here. I didn't sign up just to pimp my channel. I was a member here before I ever started my channel. Also a site supporter. As long as I post relevant videos in relevant threads I don't see what the issue is.

Either way I'm always resonable and respectful of those that deserve it. I don't want to take this off topic so if u want to continue the discussion please PM me so we don't shit up a thread.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I understand what your saying. I don't see it as spamming it's not like someone posts about something and I start throwing reviews out for completely different things. I use relevant videos and post when they are helpful. Like if someone asked if they should but a fuchai 213 plus I'd post my video on it.

On the flipside i do understand what you mean. Obviously I post my videos quite a bit. I get a lot of feedback and thanks from people however. At least 20 to 1 over people complaining. I've seen about 3-4 people including yourself make comments about it. And I know 2 of them personally don't like me so they'll complain about anything.

Not only that but I get 0 personal gain from my channel. It's expensive and time consuming and takes a lot of effort to make videos. But I enjoy it. I get no money no free stuff I don't put ads on my channel so it's not like I'm out for personal gain. If I was I could see it being a bigger issue for sure.

As far as other reviewers go I do see them do it as well. At least the ones that are regular members here. I didn't sign up just to pimp my channel. I was a member here before I ever started my channel. Also a site supporter. As long as I post relevant videos in relevant threads I don't see what the issue is.

Either way I'm always resonable and respectful of those that deserve it. I don't want to take this off topic so if u want to continue the discussion please PM me so we don't shit up a thread.

Hahaha, ***raises hand*** it's not that I don't like you:.. but I can assure you that you're garnering a rather bad reputation, as SIRSPAMALOT.

I don't give a rats ass about you. You can't dislike someone you don't care about. It's the forum and the medium. I personally love this forum. The problem with you, is that you ARE sirspamalot. at any given time the new post option on tapacrap shows your damn videos 5 or 6 threads in a row. Is there anything that you're not an expert on???

That coupled with the fact that your thumbnails are 95℅ YOU and not the topic - which just illustrates what narcissistic human you are. If you cared about the 'people' as you claim you do; than, you would use some credentialed source coupled with your spam, but no... You just spam your video and followed with (If you watch this .....) or even answering a question you condescending type (if you watched my video...) Instead of just answering the questions. You don't care about anything other than getting your name out there which is clear as day. It's your actions I can't stand, I don't know you, nor care about you. What I care about is this hobby we all share, keeping it around and keeping new people getting into it safe.

I get that you want your YouTube check, but earn it, instead of spam for it.
#sirspamolot

Last edited:

VU Sponsors