Become a Patron!

My Kangertech!

So I recently (ish) started vaping. I went to my local vape shop, and bought my own little set up. I have a Kangertech Evod battery, and a Kangertech Mini Protank 3. So far, vaping on it has been a very enjoyable experience. No problems yet, and it has never failed to deliver a fair sum of vape, and a good flavor. I just want to know, is this a good setup? I know how I feel about it, I guess I want to know if anyone here has had the same and how they liked it? Anyway, its my first Vape Pen, and I'm new, so any help is much appreciated, thanks!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it does what YOU want then it's a good set up. I do recommend you get a back up. Nothing upsets you more than "it won't work because,, battery dead, tank empty, coil fail, etc".

Cigmod VonToker

Member For 4 Years
The mini pro tank is great and Kanger Evods tend to be of better quality than most varieties of regular ego type batteries. Usually when a Kanger pyrex tank gets broken it's from a drop that breaks or cracks the glass. Next time you are in a vape shop you might get a replacent glass piece for a spare just in case, or you can probably order a set of half a dozen or more multiple color replacement glass pieces for a few bucks from Fasttech or someplace like that. Cheaper than buying a new tank. Like RMarcus says having back up stuff is a good thing. Anyway you have a great little set up.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My wife and I shared an EVOD 2 starter kit that came with 2 batteries and 2 EVOD 2 tanks. They work really well, although I drilled out 1 of the 3 airflow holes to 1/16th of an inch to increase the airflow.

The Kanger T3D tanks are a great choice for them because you can get them for a good price, and they are clear so easier to tell when you are running low. @RBVapes sells them for $5.95 on his site at rockbottomvapes.com and he sells the a 5 pack of the bottom dual heads for it for $8.95, which are really great prices. We like to swap flavors throughout the day, so the T3D's are great because you can get a bunch of them and keep them full of your favorite flavors and just change tanks when you want something different during the day. Only downside is that they are not pyrex/glass so watch out for the tank crackers. We have been using Cinnamon Red Hots in ours for months though without any problems except for a little clouding of the tank.

Replacement Protank 3 glass replacements for $2.50

A good upgrade is the Kanger Aerotank with adjustable airflow and 2.5 ml capacity with Pyrex glass.

His prices are very competitive if not the best prices I have found and shipping is quick.

Pick up an extra battery for swap and go vaping.

Bonus is that he is active on the forums and has a thread under the verified vendor section and responds to questions and requests for new products if he can get them.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think you're off to a really good start with your set up. I seriously wish mine had been as nice! On the other hand, it did teach me about what not to do, lol. Congrats on making the switch and welcome to the forum!

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Descent set up. I envy the noobs to vaping. When I started it was a 510 battery or a standard ego. The lava tube may have been out. I can't remember. When the vamo v1 came out it was like people had done rocket science. I know there are people who only had 808 and 510s to start before me and I don't know how they did it.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You've got a great first kit - I started with tiny 510 stick batteries and MacGuyvered cartos where you had to develop your own filling medium (blue aquarium foam anyone?)...it sucked so bad I went back to smoking for a couple years and came back right around the time basic Egos were getting big and the Protank (the original one, not the 2 or 3) was about to drop...

If it works for you, it's perfect. Just go out and buy a backup set, because like others have already said, having a part broken or a battery dead when you want a vape sucks.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You've got a great first kit - I started with tiny 510 stick batteries and MacGuyvered cartos where you had to develop your own filling medium (blue aquarium foam anyone?)...it sucked so bad I went back to smoking for a couple years and came back right around the time basic Egos were getting big and the Protank (the original one, not the 2 or 3) was about to drop...

If it works for you, it's perfect. Just go out and buy a backup set, because like others have already said, having a part broken or a battery dead when you want a vape sucks.

I remember when the Kanger T2 came out. They were the best thing since sliced bread at the time. The ce4s never performed half the time. The protank did jump things to the next level. Who would have thought that we would have the Rdas we do today, let alone the tanks out now. I remember when my A7 was the cats meow. Man vaping has really came a long way. Especially in the last year. My IPV2 and tugboat V2 is an amazing set up. Now there is stuff out to knock it out of the park.

Haha reading what you all post, I don't know half the words. I really need to do a bit more research. My hope is to get a nice box mod next thing and possible get an RDA. Cloud-chasing looks amazing, I want to be a part of that whole experience.

nogalesvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I drilled out 1 of the 3 airflow holes to 1/16th of an inch to increase the airflow.
Yes very good point. I have the pt3 mini and although i started dripping now, i drilled out all 3 airholes and the draw is great and brought that piece back from the dead.
@UnseenVaper congrats on the switch and welcome to the mad house

Last edited:

Thomas L

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i am a fan of kanger products and i think that is a good and simple set up. nothing too fancy and maintenance is simple. i have use mods and dripping atomizers but i rather stick with an ego style battery with a kanger tank because it is so much easier.

visionz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a little late on replying to the o.p. but when I started I had a kangertech pro tank 2 with a Ego V V2 then got a kangertech protank mini I loved my setup it was amazing the vape was good, great flavor great experience with kangertech in general but Now that I have upgraded to rda's I only use my tanks when I am at work so I'm not constantly dripping lol.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm still using original evods and h2s (basically a bigger evod with a little better airflow) with those tanks the coils make all the difference in the world. I bought a bunch of fast tech clone coils and they were trash, the coils that came with my fast tech h2 were trash. Put kanger coils in em and no real issues. I would however stay away from the t3/mt3s. Had like 3 and they leaked and they're really picky about what coil size actually fits.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

VU Sponsors