FA Custard 2%
Cap Sugar Cookie 3%
Inw Lemon 0.75%
FA Lemon Sicily 2.25%
Cap Lemon Meringue Pie 3%
FA Meringue 1.5%
FA Torrone 0.5%
TPA Pie Crust 2%

In the UK, Dinner Lady Lemon Tart is a very popular e-liquid and I found this clone a fw weeks ago:

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/12504

This seems a very popular and highly rated diy recipe. SO much so, i have already seen a couple of pretty popular UK vendors recently bringing out lemon tart juices which to me are almost certainly just blatant copies of this recipe, even seen youtube reviews lauding them as being like the dinner lady ejuice but better.
I wanted to make this recipe, but as us DIY mixers always find, we are always missing some of the concentrates, so this is my take on it with the concentrates I had available.

The one thing the mixer commented on being dissapointed with in his notes was getting the curd aspect so that was something I wanted to concentrate on (every pun intended).

The first obvious addition/sub for me was to use Inaweras lemon as I already found in my lemon meringue pie recipe it had a pungent taste like the lemon you get in lemon curd. The other one was to sub out Bavarian cream. I considered fa coconut for a buttery feel but it didnt feel right. I also considered SOlub Aromes cream which along with there doughnut is an excellent concentrate (all the others I have tried of theres have been really poor). I went for the UK vendor Chefs Flavours devon cream from there chefs choice range. I like Bavarian cream , especially in doughy pastry mixes but it has a very distinctive taste to me which personally doesnt fit with a lemon tart. If you think of flavour arts fresh cream being a straight up single cream, neutra,l flavour that blances out and tones down other flavours then devon cream is the clotted cream version, thick cream but neutral, perfect to add to the meringue flavourings, lemons and fa custard to make the curd much thicker and balance it all out into a curd.

I used caps lemon meringue pie simply because I really like it and dont have or wish to buy flavor wests one and I used pie crust as I have never really liked graham cracker (i dont have the clear version) and the tpa pie crust seemed right in this recipe over fa apple pie.

I have no idea how this compares to dinner ladies eliquid or the very popular clone which if you have the concentrates looks well worth making, if you dont and have these its well worth making as I am enjoying it and definately getting I expect a milder lemon than the clone recipe but probably more of a curd. Full credit to dazcole from alltheflavours, looks a brilliantl recipe.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not had either unfortunately, but I cant imagine them tasting the same, as in the UK this is a lemon tart

lemon-tart-1.jpg

I must confess, I just dont seem to enjoy cheesecake flavours, have mixed a few recipes both my own and popular diy ones and tried a few different brands of cheesecake and none of them really do it for me. Yorkshire Vapours Key Lime Cheesecake was about the best one I tried.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Chefs Choice Devon Cream (chefs flavours uk) 1.5%
Of all the flavorings you're familiar with, is there a suitable sub that you'd use for this flavor? Can't say that's something we'd easily come by here in the states.

This sounds delicious!!

Dinner Lady Lemon Tart
I've heard wonderful things about that one.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Of all the flavorings you're familiar with, is there a suitable sub that you'd use for this flavor? Can't say that's something we'd easily come by here in the states.

This sounds delicious!!

Well Solub Aromes one is pretty close but I dont know if that is available in the States (French company). If it is, I recommend there doughnut highly (think it may be Beignets in other countries possibly, not sure if that is the same or different concentrate). Ironically the closest I can recommend that is popular would be Bavarian cream which is in the original clone but SOlub Arome/Chefs Choice ones are thicker and more neutral, so if you have any other brands that are neutral thick creams you could try them instead probably.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

This sounds delicious!!

Or another possibility may just be 0.5% bavarian cream and 0.5% fa marshmallow, no idea if that would work but I do like marshmallow to thicken things a bit instead of cap custard sometimes

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good suggestions, thank you. I'll stick with the bavarians/marshmallow ideas. Hoping I have the Cap Lemon Meringue... I'll use Sicily, if not. Sounds really lovely!!

BozVapes

Member For 1 Year
I have tried the all flavour clone its nothing like dinner ladies lemon tart :( unfortunately, but your version i am going to try it
cost me a fortune to purchase this, i go through 80ml a week..I think the All The Flavours one is very heavy, i don't get the
same taste or anything close to it from any of the clones / remixes i have tried..

To me its nothing more than a buttery graham cracker / sweet lemon frosting its very light & sweet.,i definitely would like to try your
recipe thanks..

What ever they used it was really concentrated because of the percentages on the bottle, i will keep trying to make a clone
this year because its costing me so much.

VU Sponsors