Member For 3 Years
Steeping tools
2.5 upright glass jar
Carton box for enclosure
60ml syringe
12in spoon stirrer
Cling wrap

Procedure
Remove mixture from box, open lid , dip the tip of syringe to top level and suck tp 60ml.push syringe in pressure to reach bottom.repeat syringe 10x then stir vigorously.cover with cling wrap then lid.return to box and sit.

Repeat procedure 3 to 4 times a day up to 1week

Please comment if i didnt spoil the flavor and nic. If its good how many times do i have to repeat?

Thanks on advance masters!

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steeping tools
2.5 upright glass jar
Carton box for enclosure
60ml syringe
12in spoon stirrer
Cling wrap

Procedure
Remove mixture from box, open lid , dip the tip of syringe to top level and suck tp 60ml.push syringe in pressure to reach bottom.repeat syringe 10x then stir vigorously.cover with cling wrap then lid.return to box and sit.

Repeat procedure 3 to 4 times a day up to 1week

Please comment if i didnt spoil the flavor and nic. If its good how many times do i have to repeat?

Thanks on advance masters!

Wow this sounds more like you are doing some type of work with spores.. Simplify the procedure this is overkill and not to be insulting but kinda crazy

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna go with the others and say probably overkill, plus all that extra air exposure won't help oxidation. I'll fill a basin with hot tap water, drop my freshly-mixed bottles in, and shake them every 5-10 minutes until the water cools. Just a little bit of heat thins the VG to make the shaking more effective and gives the steeping a bit of a jump-start, but after that I'll just let the bottles sit in a cool, dark place for a while if they're not ready to go - I gear most of my recipes to be at least decent shake-n-vape, however.

HeavyHauler

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow this sounds more like you are doing some type of work with spores.. Simplify the procedure this is overkill and not to be insulting but kinda crazy

It's very much like dealing with spores. But even that has less work involved with it.

yage67

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for all your help masters. I just thought it might help for speed steeping.even thought taste and smell is great i didnt realize that half of the quality is already junked! I can imagine now how my next batch would taste n smell!

sclobernocker47

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just sit mine on the radiator for an hour and shake. Don't need to get all crazy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna go with the others and say probably overkill, plus all that extra air exposure won't help oxidation. I'll fill a basin with hot tap water, drop my freshly-mixed bottles in, and shake them every 5-10 minutes until the water cools. Just a little bit of heat thins the VG to make the shaking more effective and gives the steeping a bit of a jump-start, but after that I'll just let the bottles sit in a cool, dark place for a while if they're not ready to go - I gear most of my recipes to be at least decent shake-n-vape, however.

re:Just a little bit of heat thins the VG

i have used this action to my advantage,, in another small container i will heat a bit of VG to replace where 'PG would go. the thinning down action tends to be 'more friendly' than before with regular VG-----imHo :)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
re:Just a little bit of heat thins the VG

i have used this action to my advantage,, in another small container i will heat a bit of VG to replace where 'PG would go. the thinning down action tends to be 'more friendly' than before with regular VG-----imHo :)
Well once it cools the VG will regain its viscosity - are you saying you heat it before mixing? Why? To make it easier to draw through syringes or something? I could see that working, but I'd wonder about the effects of repeatedly heating the VG if you don't use it all in your mixing session while it's warm the first time.

I do all my calculations and add PG and nic first, then flavor, then (since I'm usually mixing high-VG or max-VG) I bust out a condiment bottle I bought empty from the store for homemade barbecue sauce or whatnot that's filled with VG and just squirt to the top of the bottle.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i heat thin the vg (in the microwave for less than 30 sec) to create a 'window in time' to add flavorings. its like shrinking beach balls down just long enough to allow them to pass through a basket ball net. as for the viscosity afterwords,, i think is stays a bit thinner than it was originally or what i am seeing is the flavorings impacting the vis overall.

fwiw,, i am processing units in the 'shot glass' size not large batches.

i trust VG more than PG chemically, hence i try to use as little PG as possible.. but i am not a purest or extremest on the issue.

it was the smell that got me looking further into pg,, i have smelled it before.....maybe back in the days of working with chemicals or exposure to some sort of plastics..................pg/vg i have read the 'science of the same molecules etc of propanediol).. thats like saying every house is built with lumber by the same builder.

===in the end,, i am simply not a fan of PG other than its ability to carry flavors.. and that was my goal with heating VG,, its not perfect at all. but i dont mind experimenting with my own stuff and have no desire to sell ejuices or change the vaping world.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's the devil's advocate! It's yours, you own it and if you enjoy the ritual, stick with it. You're certainly doing no harm. Crafting your personal e-liquid that you think is amazing is just icing on the cake of your day.

Don't you ever change, you beautiful human being! :cool:

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do all my calculations and add PG and nic first, then flavor, then (since I'm usually mixing high-VG or max-VG) I bust out a condiment bottle I bought empty from the store for homemade barbecue sauce or whatnot that's filled with VG and just squirt to the top of the bottle.
Heck of an idea gotta try that

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i heat thin the vg (in the microwave for less than 30 sec) to create a 'window in time' to add flavorings. its like shrinking beach balls down just long enough to allow them to pass through a basket ball net. as for the viscosity afterwords,, i think is stays a bit thinner than it was originally or what i am seeing is the flavorings impacting the vis overall.

fwiw,, i am processing units in the 'shot glass' size not large batches.

i trust VG more than PG chemically, hence i try to use as little PG as possible.. but i am not a purest or extremest on the issue.

it was the smell that got me looking further into pg,, i have smelled it before.....maybe back in the days of working with chemicals or exposure to some sort of plastics..................pg/vg i have read the 'science of the same molecules etc of propanediol).. thats like saying every house is built with lumber by the same builder.

===in the end,, i am simply not a fan of PG other than its ability to carry flavors.. and that was my goal with heating VG,, its not perfect at all. but i dont mind experimenting with my own stuff and have no desire to sell ejuices or change the vaping world.
how is that working for you. Does microwaving change the flavor of the vg at all?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello, my name is SailCat and I'm anti-microwave.<"Hi, SailCat!">

While I've done so in the past, the heating process is too damn rapid for me to feel comfortable with it. I'm a control-boy (another burden for my wife) and I want to be able to predict, with some degree of accuracy, the outcome of any action of abuse to which I submit my home-built e-liquids in an effort to accelerate the magical transformation from raw ingredients to a yummy, ready to vape juice.

In my limited and humble experience, in microwave-land, there is only a one second interval between warm, hot and boiling. to quick for me. And (literal) boiling e-liquid is a substance I prefer to avoid. Those of you with panther-quick reflexes and asbestos skin may feel differently.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
954-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello, my name is SailCat and I'm anti-microwave.<"Hi, SailCat!">

While I've done so in the past, the heating process is too damn rapid for me to feel comfortable with it. I'm a control-boy (another burden for my wife) and I want to be able to predict, with some degree of accuracy, the outcome of any action of abuse to which I submit my home-built e-liquids in an effort to accelerate the magical transformation from raw ingredients to a yummy, ready to vape juice.

In my limited and humble experience, in microwave-land, there is only a one second interval between warm, hot and boiling. to quick for me. And (literal) boiling e-liquid is a substance I prefer to avoid. Those of you with panther-quick reflexes and asbestos skin may feel differently.
Definately what i was wondering about. I mean nuking a material you are causing it molecules to have friction and to me I can tell nuked food due to the change in texture and taste. So I was wondering if this occurs with the vg as well.

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Definately what i was wondering about. I mean nuking a material you are causing it molecules to have friction and to me I can tell nuked food due to the change in texture and taste. So I was wondering if this occurs with the vg as well.

Y'know, I honestly don't know. I would think, "Oops, I boiled it" would have an effect on the taste for sure but I'm also concerned for people doing this and either exploding bottles or burning themselves when it happens. And it happens so fast, I figure it's gonna happen sooner or later. Best case scenario, the bottle does the geyser routine inside the safety of the microwave, no broken bottle and no burns. D'you wanna clean the aftermath of VG outta there? Me either. :D

ayersbj

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Y'know, I honestly don't know. I would think, "Oops, I boiled it" would have an effect on the taste for sure but I'm also concerned for people doing this and either exploding bottles or burning themselves when it happens. And it happens so fast, I figure it's gonna happen sooner or later. Best case scenario, the bottle does the geyser routine inside the safety of the microwave, no broken bottle and no burns. D'you wanna clean the aftermath of VG outta there? Me either. :D
Very true stuff is a pain to clean. Really dont want to do that.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
fwiw,, my microwave isnt strong enough to create a geiser or exploding glass (especially in the noted 'shot glass' size @@@@@ 30 seconds.) if i run across a bad experiment related to information i have already posted here,, i will report on it of course. until then i will continue to lurk and learn. happy vaping to all. (be very careful handling e-cig's they have batteries :)

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i will second the squeeze condiment bottles, and raise the point that you don't want to buy the cheapest ones on amazon, as they tend to leak through the threads and are easy to overtighten, slipping the threads and causing more leakage. I use 24 oz bottles and have 3mg, and 6 mg premix @ 80/20. that way I weigh my flavors into the bottle, top it off with desired strength, and cap it up!

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
there are also heavier duty valved squeeze bottles out there, but they have a flat top, and I like the pointed cap to improve my accuracy...LOL

Arlongkpr

Member For 4 Years
I personally have a cheap 5$ goodwill Crockpot.. I set it to med-Low.. about 110deg the "golden Number is (120) at 120 nic is damaged...... but most the time i Steep first time with no nic... then add and repeat..
let it go for some time, then a nice Ultrasonic 30min shack.. then back in the pot again.. let it cool....
But..non of this beats just letting sit on the shelf for a month, pending the flavors...

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I mix my PG and flavor then let it rip(not high enough to splash) in the magnetic mixer while I go into the bathroom and make a hot water bath for the VG and as the PG/flavor mixes for a few minutes while the VG is warming. Add the VG and let it mix for a couple hours, sit overnight to dissipate all the bubbles and add the nic and remix for bout a hour. I build 100ml batches of my tobacco vapes as standalones then blend them to suit my taste. My vape station is in a basement room so its always cool, little extra cool in the winter so warming up the VG some is almost a must for me.

yage67

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Masters do i have to open the jars and let it sit for minutes after massive shaking to clear the bubbles?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Masters do i have to open the jars and let it sit for minutes after massive shaking to clear the bubbles?

No master here but I do know it's not necessary to open the containers for that reason. You added no additional air so there's nothing to escape. Just let 'em sit & nature will take its course. :)

You will see instances where this is done for other purposes but not in this case..

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You typically air your juice to allow alcohol to dissipate, if you have alcohol in your concentrates. No reason to open juice to potential contaminants otherwise. I usually mix in 8, 16 or 32 oz boston round bottles, and when I air, I rubber band a paper towel over the top to help prevent that.

yage67

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If i got flamable flavor like orange cream which has ** mark at tfa, do i have to open an let air pass tru?

yage67

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And if i have to air the mixture how often must ?

STAINLESS1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are airing it to allow the alcohol in the concentrate to evaporate. I usually leave mine uncapped, but covered with paper towel overnight. If I can still detect the taste/throat hit, I do it again. I have not seen a hard and fast rule, (much like everything else about diy mixing), but I am sure the time is probably dependent on the percentage of concentrate used. Good luck, and let your taste buds guide you!

yage67

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Off topic.... can i boil the nacl to reduce water level? Will it lose salinity or saltness?because as is adding to my mixture at 10% makes it thinner so maybe boil it to produce 5% with same salinity that idea.tia

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for all your help masters. I just thought it might help for speed steeping.even thought taste and smell is great i didnt realize that half of the quality is already junked! I can imagine now how my next batch would taste n smell!

You've probably not ruined your juice using this procedure, however, it is definitely overkill. I've found that if one wants to speed the aging process all one really needs to do is to shake their liquid, and then place it in a hot bath of water until the water completely cools. The tools needed are 1 bowl (or beaker if you prefer), 1 bottle of juice, 1 microwave oven, and water (distilled is not required for this application).

Place your bowl (or beaker) of water into the microwave oven and nuke till extremely hot, close to boiling. Once hot place your bottle of shaken eliquid into the bowl (or beaker) and allow to completely cool to room temperature. When cooled, shake again, then place into your juice storage to rest. Repeat if desired.

In my estimation this process is the same as aging a day (or at least most of a day).

Arlongkpr

Member For 4 Years
OK here is the Problem with that, I do this all the time.. but not after i add my Nic.. hell i even poor near boiling water into my cheap-o ultrasonic cleaner and run it for about 10 min.. then add my nic and give it a couple more runs.. but i only do hot water at or under 120 deg...

(Test results are in:
Control Sample:
36.01 mg/l
125F Sample: 35.69 mg/l
150F Sample: 33.09 mg/l
175F Sample: 32.12 mg/l

So it was clear, heat degrades the nicotine. The effect wasnt too bad at 125F, but at 150F there was an 8% loss, and at 175F there was a 10% loss.)

Above Info...was copied from a different site..

yage67

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK here is the Problem with that, I do this all the time.. but not after i add my Nic.. hell i even poor near boiling water into my cheap-o ultrasonic cleaner and run it for about 10 min.. then add my nic and give it a couple more runs.. but i only do hot water at or under 120 deg...

(Test results are in:
Control Sample:
36.01 mg/l
125F Sample: 35.69 mg/l
150F Sample: 33.09 mg/l
175F Sample: 32.12 mg/l

So it was clear, heat degrades the nicotine. The effect wasnt too bad at 125F, but at 150F there was an 8% loss, and at 175F there was a 10% loss.)

Above Info...was copied from a different site..
Sir arlongkpr can you help me find a diy recipe with headrush?

VU Sponsors