Become a Patron!

My misty Cleito

nitsuj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So the Smok bad batch thread just reminded me of a problem I'm having. I say problem, but really, more of an issue. I'm able to vape through it, because I'm a trooper.

So, I've had more than a month of solid, flawless performance from my Cleito. I have several tanks I like, but this Cleito, for the money, is tough to beat. $30, brick and mortar price. It's simple, easy to clean and fill, good flavor and vapor... I highly recommend this tank. (With the .4 coils. The .2 coils suck for me.)

So last night, I got the dreaded burnt taste of a dead coil. I slapped in a new one, primed it first, of course. Ever since I started with this coil, the vape has been "misty" for lack of a better term. It's not like spitback when juice pops off the hot coil. This is like a fine juice mist. My theory is that the cotton isn't packs as tight, or there's a void somewhere, and I'm getting raw juice sucked up into my mouth with each hit.

Anyone else ever get this? When I get home from work, I'll put a new coil in and see how it is. I think I'll be making the switch to rebuildables so I can control the quality of my coils. I don't get a lot of bad coils, but enough to want to try something else.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also really enjoy the Cleito.
(by the way, the HorizonTech Cerakoat is almost the exact same thing but not interchangeable)
Myself the .2 coils work best for my particular juice.
But, to your issue;
I've been through about 60 of these coils (from 3 sources) in multiple different batches.
I too have experienced a few coils that weren't quite as good as the rest.
On the positive side at least they aren't as poor quality as the Ccell coils where you either get 1 good one and 4 bad or 4 good and 1 bad.
Considering the QC of where they are made this isn't real surprising.
As for the fine mist of juice you are getting, luckily for me it plays perfect.
I actually enjoy it because my DIY juice is extremely sweet and getting that extra mist of sweet juice turns out to be enjoyable.
However in your case since you don't want/enjoy it, try taking an extremely hard hit once in a while.
This will pull all the extra juice out and you'll get about 10 good mist free hits.
Unfortunately this is not a fix, just something for you to try to see if you get the same result as me.
Now I'm curious.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I probably get more juice in my mouth from the Cleito than any other tank I've got. It's not an excessive amount, but it's definitely there. I think maybe they wick a little too well. I'd agree with Paratech. Either take a big hit, maybe upping the wattage slightly, to clear out excess juice or just burn it for a few seconds before taking your first pull. Either one should clear out that excess juice that always seems to build up if I let the Cleito sit for very long.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It certainly sounds exactly like what I've been getting out of my TFV8 atm, third coil in, same thing.

Cl4wHammer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was not impressed with the Cleito, other than its simple but yet workable design. The flavor wasnt there compared to say Joyetech Ultimo, Joy tank blows it out of the water. It was good for clouds, which most people dont care about. Even with SS coils it was meh. To each his own.

The Juice Loosener

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was not impressed with the Cleito, other than its simple but yet workable design. The flavor wasnt there compared to say Joyetech Ultimo, Joy tank blows it out of the water. It was good for clouds, which most people dont care about. Even with SS coils it was meh. To each his own.
with the 0.2 coils I agree with you. The 0.4s are a whole other story, IMHO. I've never tried a Joyetech tank, so I can't speak to them. All I know for sure is its going to take an amazing sub ohm tank or a dripper to get me away from my Crown. I've got the Crown 2...never use it. 75% of the time the Crown 1 is on whatever mod I'm using. Decent clouds, not that I care, but nothing I've tried can touch it for flavor.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't had this issue with my Cleito yet, when utilizing replacement coils (0.4 Ohm). However, most of the time, I'm using the optional RBA (RTA System), including the optional expansion tank.

VU Sponsors