Become a Patron!

My Mod Just broke, any help would be much appreciated

CloudChaserDMV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a judgement lapse yesterday and decided to let my friend borrow my mod. The threads are now stripped on the 510 connection. Super blown. Any help would be super appreciated. Happy vaping.

CloudChaserDMV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Its was a relatively cheap mod. I had a Kamry K101 that I got off of Ebay (part of a kit), I believe it was made of aluminum. Anyway, I was running it with a Aethertech Plume Veil clone with dual zipper coils (kanthall A1 22AWG) & Japanese cotton.

Dr3d

Yes. What was the question?
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Easiest fix is a replacement top cap. On a box, it's an excuse to upgrade the 510. On a SMPL, you're screwed unless you can weld, drill and retap.

That there was the long version of OB61887's question.

Edit 'cause you answered. 33 plus shipping will get you a replacement. Hopefully your friend is good for replacing what he/she broke.

CloudChaserDMV

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Would that mess with the press fit top cap? or do i hammer a new one in (will this make the fitting less tight, causing it to pop off when i use larger batteries?)?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What @dred said. I'm not familiar with the mod, but it doesn't look like you can replace the 510 with a 3rd party 510. Time to buy something new.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a 101 with the same problem :( it was my first mech

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fat daddy sells a insert to fix 510 threads its a few dollars

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That blows..they must have really wranked on things...O_0

I have the earlier K100 model that is plated brass and SS. It's been beat to fuck in the last two years..still works.

Yea, the tops are press-fit. Doubt it can be fixed, although using a 510-510 adapter MAY make it usable again.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm upset I grabbed a cool fire two and don't work don't fire I had money at the time so I just ignored it now it's annoying me.
Wth granted the guy let it go for 40$ now I wonder why.

I'm not happy and i dont know how to fix it maybe someone wants it?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm upset I grabbed a cool fire two and don't work don't fire I had money at the time so I just ignored it now it's annoying me.

IDK much about those, but the manufacturer seems to set the high prices on those.
There are some on the Chinese sites also, possibly clones.

Here's one for $49
http://www.hoosierecig.com/Innokin-Cool-Fire-2_p_851.html

Personally, I think ya can do better for less money. ;)

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think I heard if you pull up the 510 pin a Lil they work like some egos

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a mod via pay pal from gear best now says will ship after OCT 31st! I never ever shopped from gear best before I regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't even touch that cool fire lol it's in a drawer not working since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
JUst take some old tanks you no longer use and work it in and out little at a time until it is re-threaded this has worked for two of my friends that had this problem. Should take care of the problem.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

If it doesn't have a floating pin, you may need to adjust the firing pin on your atty. I was given a nemesis clone and it wouldn't fire till the pin in the atty was adjusted.

Nomuff2tuff

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had a judgement lapse yesterday and decided to let my friend borrow my mod. The threads are now stripped on the 510 connection. Super blown. Any help would be super appreciated. Happy vaping.
there is a guy on ebay railroad 88mb he has awesome custom mods at a price that's good with only the best parts to make them check him out ,he custom built me my mod and I have had it for a yr and there all powdercoated in what ever color you want,

VU Sponsors