My name

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just realized that my name is BLUraff3. It was supposed to be BLUEraff3 (screenname ive used since I was 10). Interesting that my typo has a vaping tie-in. For the record, I've only tried A Blu once and it sucked.
I guess this is my official introduction, so quick background: been vaping for about 3 years now. started with cigalikes, they all crapped out in me at a wedding so I moved on to egos and an itaste vw. Got into mechs and rbas about a year or so ago and never looked back. Just started trying DIY juice. Made my own mod once, would love to make some more when I have more free time (will probably be a few years with the baby and all).
I'm a huge math geek, so if anyone has any math questions, feel free to send them my way.
I live just outside philly. Go birds!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome BLUEraff3. Congrats on the baby and ridding yourself from the cancer poles. I started with the Blu and Greensmoke's and they all sucked, total disappointment. The industry has come a long way and thankfully we have a lot of good hardware to work with, prices keep going down too so that's always a plus. Anyways, nice to meet you.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks ace!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks diss! Love the vape community!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks diss! Love the vape community!

Forgot to add that your math skills will be a definite plus. It's always awesome to pool talent to bolster solidarity and help one another to get the best vaping experience possible. I come from a family of engineers and they all love math. I personally hated it. Long ago in college it was my nightmare course, especially when we got into Trig and Calculus, oh my....:eek:

Last edited:

P1NkY

Member For 4 Years
Heya BLUEraff3!
Just get in touch with VaporJoe and have it (your nick) changed. I'm sure he'll hook you up!
Welcome to VU!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Forgot to add that your math skills will be a definite plus. It's always awesome to pool talent to bolster solidarity and help one another to get the best vaping experience possible. I come from a family of engineers and they all love math. I personally hated it. Long ago in college it was my nightmare course, especially when we got into Trig and Calculus, oh my....:eek:
I love helping people when I can, although I know there are some on here with more specific vape related engineering knowledge than me. Trig and calc are fun, but I went a different direction when I could in college (those subjects get really tedious as they get more advanced). I'm really into proof oriented and discrete math. I do actuarial work and a lot of programming for a living now.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Heya BLUEraff3!
Just get in touch with VaporJoe and have it (your nick) changed. I'm sure he'll hook you up!
Welcome to VU!
Thanks pink! I'm fine leaving my name as is, just wanted to set the record straight that I'm not some big Blu fanatic.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love helping people when I can, although I know there are some on here with more specific vape related engineering knowledge than me. Trig and calc are fun, but I went a different direction when I could in college (those subjects get really tedious as they get more advanced). I'm really into proof oriented and discrete math. I do actuarial work and a lot of programming for a living now.

That's a tough field that could easily lead one to smoke. I have friends who are actuaries for insurance companies and they are always under heavy stress and pressure. You really have to love math and that line of work. I would get suicidal very quickly if I was doing that but then I always hated math so it wouldn't work. As long as you're happy that's what matters most. Glad you're here...:)

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just realized that my name is BLUraff3. It was supposed to be BLUEraff3 (screenname ive used since I was 10). Interesting that my typo has a vaping tie-in. For the record, I've only tried A Blu once and it sucked.
I guess this is my official introduction, so quick background: been vaping for about 3 years now. started with cigalikes, they all crapped out in me at a wedding so I moved on to egos and an itaste vw. Got into mechs and rbas about a year or so ago and never looked back. Just started trying DIY juice. Made my own mod once, would love to make some more when I have more free time (will probably be a few years with the baby and all).
I'm a huge math geek, so if anyone has any math questions, feel free to send them my way.
I live just outside philly. Go birds!

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/name-change.881/

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's a tough field that could easily lead one to smoke. I have friends who are actuaries for insurance companies and they are always under heavy stress and pressure. You really have to love math and that line of work. I would get suicidal very quickly if I was doing that but then I always hated math so it wouldn't work. As long as you're happy that's what matters most. Glad you're here...:)
Apparently actuary consistently ranks as one of the most satisfying jobs in the world. Non-actuaries don't understand why, but that's because they're not math geeks. I'm not an actuary myself, I work in a group that automates various actuarial processes. I love it!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Apparently actuary consistently ranks as one of the most satisfying jobs in the world. Non-actuaries don't understand why, but that's because they're not math geeks. I'm not an actuary myself, I work in a group that automates various actuarial processes. I love it!

You love it because you love math so that makes sense. If you're passionate you will enjoy what you do. It's in demand because the supply is low, not many people are going into the field because of the rigorous demands and because they don't want to crunch numbers all day. Others find it very stressful and exhausting but the pay is good due to high demand and low supply. The guys I know in the field love math but all say it can be very taxing on the body and mind. Glad you love your work. You will fit great into my family, they are all obsessed with math:p

VU Sponsors