Become a Patron!

My new geekvape ammit RTA has a dry taste?! !

RTA newbie!
This is my first time using RTA, I used to use RDA. I own a Geekvape Ammit RDA, it works very well and the vapor feels great. But it needs to add e-juice often, so I ordered RTA. I don't know why my brand new RTA tastes dry. In fact, I have refilled e-juice, I don't know why? ! Help!! Thank you

IMG_20180921_160553.jpg
IMG_20180921_160611.jpg
IMG_20180921_160727.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Try a little less cotton, and not put it through the wicking ports - just place it on top of the holes.

red99ryder

Member For 1 Year
I am new at this and have been working with the ammit 22mm RTA as well . I did get one wicking that was really good , one bad leaker and a weeper lol
I am thinking its just a learning curve and practice that will allow me to use the tank as intended ,,I HOPE ..The one that was good had very little cotton in the wick . One thing i am thinking is we get deceived when looking at the wicking vids and pics . I dont think theres as much cotton in there as it looks also i am playing around with the density of the cotton as well as size of wick . This is my first time trying my hand at wicking and just using premade coils for now .

Keep trying we will get there

Good luck

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thin the tails and insure there is space under the cotton tails for the juice.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Fred Carlson

Member For 1 Year
I have to say that in general. When I move from RDA to RTA it is dryer. There really is nothing that tastes like you just dripped on it except for RDAs. It might be something that you just have to get use too.

I recently had an issue where my RTA was too dry. Unfortunately when i used less cotton, it started leaking, but the taste was much better :)

Astray

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's an MTL, it has different characteristic compare to the usual RDA or RTA

VU Sponsors