Become a Patron!

My new Smok setup TFV12 + GX350

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi all,

T5 here, have a couple of threads on these separately so thought I'd post a new thread showing off the new kit I've bought and a few opening thoughts.
First up the new mod
AtxmtZQ.jpg

The Smok GX350 in Silver/Black, extremely neat setup, moving from the Smok Alien I like the screen placement
B82FdwD.jpg

I also flipped the orientation and since the tank goes to one side you can really read what's happening as you vape which is really cool.
The added amount of black is a nice contrast I think this is a better balance to an entirely silver mod, especially with how I've done the tank I think it works well.
ezV3cdn.jpg

UH4QWvG.jpg

Z5hqzea.jpg

cmLUHbG.jpg

The larger button has a really solid, nice click and sound too.
Overall size It's about as large as I was expecting, but the form factor lends itself well to normal and larger sized hands.
D0Pj3NQ.jpg

Here's some more side by side shots
BB3kJbj.jpg

haeL22h.jpg

idcf22D.jpg

Criticisms, the screen is smaller now so there's a compromise on the amount of read outs naturally, I think that future mods should try to increase this slightly, somewhere between this and the Alien's size would be good the realestate appears to be there.
sQKwSX7.jpg

That battery door, it's just too tight I have standard Sony VTC5s running in here so the sleeves are fine but getting that door closed is a chore, once it was closed I had to have another little push to get it flush as well, that's going to be a pain every time it runs out of battery, granted will be half as often.

Overall love the mod, no looking back, moving onto the Tank.
0VAFRzQ.jpg

The TFV12. Wow, the previous one is a TFV8 Big Baby Beast, and the airflow on this one is hugely improved, first thing I noticed. I also like that it gave me black oring accessories, really wasn't a fan of the orange ones, this completes the setup to me to be all black and silver, then the standard mouth piece adapter is excellent.
vwes98W.jpg

I can go back to my beloved TFV4 variable air drip tip
KVeTbHD.jpg

Adds another layer of silver/black too which is a fantastic look, even better than I was expecting.

It's still so new the coil (running Q4s, see picture for readout) still tastes horrid, but about 100 vapes and it starts working, not far off now.
Even with the poor early taste I'm enjoying using this thing, up to 80W now as I break the coil in, its super smooth, finding I can take longer vapes a bit due to it dialling up the power but also a smooth vape is nice, I think I'm at 75/25 VG/PG in this home made light caramel blend and it works well, hoping to settle at around 90/100W and I think the battery life with this mod will be great.

Thanks for reading, please ask any questions away, finally the reason for upgrade other than wanting the next step up, my Alien mod sort of broke as you can see, still functional, but that top piece interferes with the button usage a tad, and was concerned long term, only a year old but now it's had it's time. Very satisfied with the purchase.

Last edited:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all,

T5 here, have a couple of threads on these separately so thought I'd post a new thread showing off the new kit I've bought and a few opening thoughts.
First up the new mod

The Smok GX350 in Silver/Black, extremely neat setup, moving from the Smok Alien I like the screen placement

I also flipped the orientation and since the tank goes to one side you can really read what's happening as you vape which is really cool.

The added amount of black is a nice contrast I think this is a better balance to an entirely silver mod, especially with how I've done the tank I think it works well.

The larger button has a really solid, nice click and sound too.

Overall size It's about as large as I was expecting, but the form factor lends itself well to normal and larger sized hands.

Here's some more side by side shots

Criticisms, the screen is smaller now so there's a compromise on the amount of read outs naturally, I think that future mods should try to increase this slightly, somewhere between this and the Alien's size would be good the realestate appears to be there.

That battery door, it's just too tight I have standard Sony VTC5s running in here so the sleeves are fine but getting that door closed is a chore, once it was closed I had to have another little push to get it flush as well, that's going to be a pain every time it runs out of battery, granted will be half as often.

Overall love the mod, no looking back, moving onto the Tank.

The TFV12. Wow, the previous one is a TFV8 Big Baby Beast, and the airflow on this one is hugely improved, first thing I noticed. I also like that it gave me black oring accessories, really wasn't a fan of the orange ones, this completes the setup to me to be all black and silver, then the standard mouth piece adapter is excellent.

I can go back to my beloved TFV4 variable air drip tip

Adds another layer of silver/black too which is a fantastic look, even better than I was expecting.

It's still so new the coil (running Q4s, see picture for readout) still tastes horrid, but about 100 vapes and it starts working, not far off now.
Even with the poor early taste I'm enjoying using this thing, up to 80W now as I break the coil in, its super smooth, finding I can take longer vapes a bit due to it dialling up the power but also a smooth vape is nice, I think I'm at 75/25 VG/PG in this home made light caramel blend and it works well, hoping to settle at around 90/100W and I think the battery life with this mod will be great.

Thanks for reading, please ask any questions away, finally the reason for upgrade other than wanting the next step up, my Alien mod sort of broke as you can see, still functional, but that top piece interferes with the button usage a tad, and was concerned long term, only a year old but now it's had it's time. Very satisfied with the purchase.
Seems like a good setup! Thanks for posting :) I've not tried the tfv12 yet so it's good to see someone's opinion whose not a hyped up reviewer.

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had to update the links because photobucket apparently let you use one image then they block you, so sorry about that folks.

@SkoldVape it's certainly not for the faint of heart / beginner, and if the lower wattages these things do are too high for the user then it won't be of any use, I was looking to move up in wattages anyway (from 70-80 to 90-100) so the lower end of the coils I chose seemed to do that.

In comparison to the TFV8 BBB again, it's taller but its also functional for being so, I always found undoing the smaller tank that I'd have difficulty because I needed to grab onto the glass basically to unscrew the thing, with this it has those jaggered stripe marks which are nice and easy to grip... which it needs because the airflow doesn't lock (I think I prefer that, can't see any real downsides so far).

Titanium5000

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update to update on a few things. Question for anyone reading at the end.

Battery door problem appears to be gone? Just had some initial difficulty, did my first swap and the door came off easily and then went back in without any of the trouble, still needed a 2nd little push but was a much easier experience.

It was replaced by a new issue though, battery 4 got stuck. The door swings down 90 degrees or so hinged near the button side, the far battery and two side batteries came out no problem, but the one near the hinge was sort of stuck. I was juggling 4 18650s, just needed to give it a slight shake, then the top slipped slightly down so I could grab it.

Also the bottom isn't perfectly flat, it might have something to do with the door, but just seemed to have a natural bow to it, not a big deal.

The plastic cover to the USB port doesn't really sit flush on mine, its not a contact point for me when using so not a problem, but something to note. I am on version 1.1.1 which at time of writing is the latest bios, so even less of a concern.

The screen 'fogs up' after frequent vaping, but can just easily be wiped with a piece of absorbent paper.

Otherwise going strong, so my question - I have 2 x 4 VTC5s in here, I've run it so far up to 120W, am I crazy? It's a regulated mod, and unlike much other electronics maths, it seems that battery amps do stack? I'm really surprised by this (if it's true, if it isn't please call me out on it).

With 2 of these batteries I ran up to 80W on a dual mod, I believe these are rated at 23A each, I could be wrong on that too. Does this mean I have 92A of available power? Which at 4v means it can go to 368W? I don't feel this is right, can someone help me out on some maths, even link me please?

VU Sponsors