My new Yocan Evolve Plus won't charge

Discussion in 'Ask An Expert' started by DaxmosisJones, Jul 22, 2016.

1. DaxmosisJones

DaxmosisJones New Member

Blog Posts:
    So only a couple of days ago i recieved my new pen, the yocan evolve plus. I tried to look up if this thing came fully charged and couldnt find anything, also it wouldnt turn on so i charged it for maybe a couple minutes and then it turned on. Turns out it was charged so i loaded it up and used it till it was dead, then i stuck my micro usb charger into it, got a red light glowing when i did that, and after maybe 20 seconds it just turns off. I keep putting it back in and getting the same result. I let it sit with the charger in despite it not staying lit up and it gives it no charge. The thing has been dead for 2 days now and i need a dab! Anyone know how i can fix this thing?

You cant replace the battery in it, and its charging port it located in like the same spot as the reloux, its got what looks like a 510 connection, so i tried putting the adi on my reloux and it fit, but it wont read and therefor it wont fire. If i have to take this thing apart at fix something inside it im willing to do it, but i need to know what im doing.
    Im just bumed this happend so soon, if i cant fix it im def writing a bad review on this thing

Vapepenlover and drew83 like this.
  2. drew83

drew83 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Have you contacted the place you got it from and asked for some help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. sweetness130

sweetness130 New Member

Blog Posts:
    try to push the button 5 times, this will either turn it Off or On.:cheers:

4. georgemeadal

georgemeadal Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Welcome to VU. Rule #1

This is a forum for adults, there will be cussing, there will be sexual innuendos.
    If you find something offensive, you have the option to ignore the poster and have their posts removed from your forum experience.

Rules:

Be an Adult! (and yes, that means members are 18+, no exceptions)

1. No Drug/Dry Herb/CBD/Wax related pics, videos, posts, or Drug/Dry Herb/CBD/Wax references in comments please or in a user name.

2. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated, including in a user name.

3. Only one user membership per person.

4. No posting of nudity pictures- Removals/warnings will be up to the Staff/Admin to determine

5. No affiliate, referral links or hot linked memes, and pics are permitted. Also no raffles or charity funding are to be sold for profit or otherwise including GoFundMe links, and others. Please contact an Admin about legal 501c3, c6, etc Charity raffles or any other types.

6. No pictures or videos of TRUE violence against people or animals.

7. You are not allowed to post anyone's personal information.This is something we take very serious, and may just ban you for it.

8. All above rules also apply to your avatar pic.

9. Threads, and Posts must be in the appropriate sections. Please NO spamming outside the appropriate sections, this also includes Profile. and PM Spamming. Moderators will move or delete it, and issue warning points. If there is no appropriate section for your thread or post that is unrelated to vaping e-cigs then more then likely it does not belong in the forum.

Any questions or concerns on the RULES please PM a moderator.

Moderators are monitoring the forum at all times.

5. tatorious

tatorious New Member

Blog Posts:
    If you have managed to get your Yo Can Evolve Plus to turn on, and when you push the button the white light just blinks, or you plug it in, and it turns the red indicator light on then quickly shuts it off and you think it is not charging, then you need to check your coil. I seemed to damage my coil and almost threw the thing away, which was about to make me really sad because I LOVE THIS THING! i paid 80 bucks for a vape ape about 3 years ago, and the original battery was always very weak, both in potential size of draw and length of battery life and I had to replace the battery, costing me a lot extra. The dual quartz coil is amazing, as long as you can get the thing to work.

Vapepenlover likes this.
  6. SuperNinjaSS

SuperNinjaSS New Member

Blog Posts:
    Did you get this fixed? Was it a coil issue? I have tried others...

7. waxkat

waxkat New Member

Blog Posts:

You have to press the button 5 times rapidly in a row. The 1st time it didn't work but it worked after I did it to the same rhythm as the guy in this video! I was freaking out when it didn't work. Saw your post so I signed up to reply when I got an answer :) HTH

8. Vapepenlover

Vapepenlover New Member

Blog Posts:
    OMG you've saved my life!!!!! I've only had this thing for a month and I thought the battery went bad but IT WAS THE COIL. such a cheap and easy fix, I'm glad I held off on buying a replacement battery

9. Vapepenlover

Vapepenlover New Member

Blog Posts:

1. Coil issue 100%

Coil issue 100%

10. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The end of the video is great. I could go for a good sneeze myself.

11. LucyDeucee

LucyDeucee New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thank you so much!!! My battery was doing the same thing.. had the pen for two weeks.. I got two coils in my kit I bought and one must be defective. The pen works so well, I was afraid it was too good to be true. But I put on the original coil... Away it worked!!!

12. Devine

Devine New Member

Blog Posts:
    Halp! I am so confused why I cannot get my Magneto to charge. I have disassembled my pen, with the atomizer, coil and base off, nothing but the battery is plugged in. The red light will illuminate for a few seconds and then turn off. If I move the micro USB around a bit the light will illuminate and then quickly flicker off. I've tried multiple cords too. Up until now it has charged 100% with no issues. I took the pen apart, cleaned it, and when I put it back together I was having this issue. I love this pen :(

I read above that this could be a coil issue - but I am trying to charge it with the coil off, and still not receiving a charge. I went ahead and ordered the 5 pack of coils for replacement, since I know I do need to replace mine regardless.

Thanks for the time and assistance!

13. Zoix

Zoix New Member

Blog Posts:
    This is the exact issue i had originally and the reason it only lit up red for a minute is because its fully charged and just needs to be turned on with the 5 clicks.

14. Zoix

Zoix New Member

Blog Posts:
    I have 5 clicked it to death and it just blinks. The seller even sent me a replacement and it worked for a week before it died and I did everything trying to charge it but now both just blink.

I've used it's predecessor Evolve Plus and it worked perfectly. I thought they were the same other than the new Magnet feature.