1. FLASH: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM IS OPEN TO VU MEMBERS - BETA TESTING

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

My newest and most recommended (by me) regulated mod..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbalkam, Jan 21, 2019.

1. gbalkam

gbalkam Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    So i often see people ask.. what is the best mod.. which means different things for different people.
    Now since all regulated mods do pretty much the same thing, my recommendation is based on build quallity and how long the mod should last. I think of it as a cost per month per mod. (how many months you can use a mod before it dies)

My current favorite and highly recommended is GeekVapes Aegis 200w regulated mod.
    drop resistant dust proof, water proof, check out the video!

And the damn thing is STILL WORKING!

Rabbiporkchop and DonBaldy like this.
  2. Sigelei11

Sigelei11 Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    it is so good and nice. i often use fuchai mod from sigelei and it is as good as the mod you mentioned.

Ms. Trixy and WotofoOfficial like this.
  3. WotofoOfficial

WotofoOfficial VU Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Sponsor

Blog Posts:
    WOW~ And I ... as the avatar as you see. I use Wotofo Dyadic squonk mod for my daily using.

Ms. Trixy and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  4. gbalkam

Blog Posts:
    Have you dropped it in the bath tub?

MrMeowgi and 5150sick like this.
  5. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This works while being submerged

[​IMG]

6. Rabbiporkchop

Rabbiporkchop

Blog Posts:
    I like mine so much I bought a few spares for backup in case they decide to quit making them.

7. gbalkam

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't trust that open USB port under water...

8. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Check out some of the videos of it because you do not know what you are talking about.

SteelDriver likes this.
  9. sr20vet

sr20vet Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Although nothing special. I still have and use my original rx200. Working flawlessly for over 5 years. The finish on the other hand is a different story

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

SteveS45 likes this.
  10. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    I have a 5 year old RX200S that I recently retired because it is too beat on. Still works flawlessly though.

11. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn Edward J. Olmos impersonator Edward James Almost VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    My Smoant Battlestar works and looks just as good today as the day I bought it. Probably my favorite mod all time, if I had to pick one. Although I doubt it would do well submerged in a bathtub, but luckily I don’t take baths so the odds are I needn’t worry.

12. gbalkam

Blog Posts:
    Does it rain and form puddles where you live? Always something that can happen.

13. AvaOrchid

AvaOrchid

Blog Posts:
    I think this is the one that the chip is actually waterproof but I could be wrong

14. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Nope you are 100% right~!

AvaOrchid likes this.
  15. tae111

tae111

Blog Posts:
    I have had the Aegis 200 watt mod for awhile now. I just got the Geek Vapes Aegis X a few weeks ago and I like it even better. It fits my hand better and has more rounded edges. It's supposed to be dust and water proof like the Ages 200. I'm not sure if the full side screen would hold up to the same punishment though.

16. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The main reason why I never got a Legend was because of it's size and shape. I usually dont have durability issues with any of my mods. I'm pretty good at not dropping them anymore but it still happens occasionally.

Aegis Legends are indestructible until they aren't. I've read about battery door problems, juice getting behind the screen, ect.

I had no intereset in them until I found them on sale for $20 so I ordered a couple. One is orange/black so I assume, I'll have to update it or deal with bad battery life. The other is an all black Zues Limit Edition. I don't really need more mods but I'll try em out. If I don't like them they can get packed away for a rain day.

Jinx'd likes this.
  17. tae111

tae111

Blog Posts:
    I agree. The Aegis 200 watt worked great but I never liked the feel in my hand. The Aegis X has the same specs but is much more comfortable to hold. It's smaller and not so square edged. I never had the battery door issue with the old one and the new one is a little different. The battery life seems to be better also on the X. I'm using the brown LG 18650 3000 mAh batteries and they last all day and I'm a pretty heavy vaper. I have the black one and so far I really like it.

18. Bigrick

Bigrick Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I like my Legend so much that, and I know this is silly. But I change mods often and do not want the Legend to wear out. Silly I know. I saved for months to buy it. Financally we are having a difficult time and if it were to break I could not replace it. I did some horse trading and came up with a Steam Crave Glaz to pair it with. The set up is my pride and joy and even earns respect from the high end crowd at my local vape lounge. Well thank you for reading my babbling. Peace and love to all.
    Rick

DonBaldy and Rooster Cogburn like this.
  19. Rabbiporkchop

Rabbiporkchop

Blog Posts:
    Where did you find it for 20 bucks apiece?

Just Frank likes this.
  20. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    The OP is an ACE who can't even back up his reviews or whatever he spews. Bugs me when A-Holes comment on things they have NO Personal Experience with. Just my opinion but my opinions are always based on Personal Ownership Experience.

21. Just Frank

Just Frank Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    A clearance sale at Volcano Ecig. When I first seen them they only had Snake Skin and Camouflage for $20. I didn't want those kind and didn't order any. A few days later I checked back expecting to see them sold out. But to my surprise they had a bunch of different options. I selected a Stealth Black Zeus Edition and an Orange/Black. Looking back, I should've ordered a couple more at that price. Ive been using the Zeus one and been enjoying it. Sorry, I think they're all gone now but you can check..

Jinx'd and gsmit1 like this.
  22. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if you knew this, but the Zeus edition is also the limited edition with the magnesium alloy chassis.

Just Frank and Jinx'd like this.
  23. gbalkam

Blog Posts:
    Additional info.. so my legend has had some issue.. fog and liquid under the screen. Having considered long and hard where this could be coming from on every single legend. i concluded it HAS to be getting in the 510 pin. SO I cut a round piece of Gorilla tape, poked a hole in the center and taped it over the 510 pin (like a gasket) and it works perfectly. Must be several months now and no issues at all. My 2nd legend is still in the box.

Jinx'd and gsmit1 like this.
  24. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    It's easy to remove the screen and clean it out. It's sealed under there so the electronics are not in danger.

Just Frank and Jinx'd like this.
  25. gbalkam

Blog Posts:
    its self adhesive, so not easy to get back in. The issue is vapor getting in behind the screen and into the components via an issue with the 510 pin and over fills. Tape fixed the issue 100%

26. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I managed to get mine back together :)

Just Frank likes this.
  27. Bigrick

Bigrick Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Replacement screens are inexpensive, have fresh adhesive in place for instalation. Very easy to do but notice when ordering the screen for the Legend LE is different from the regular Legend.