Become a Patron!

my next dna mod?

mero16

Member For 4 Years
hi vapers, i wanted your opinions., i wanted to get another DNA mod. which would you get? in terms of build quality ,and useability( if thats a word)and vape, either the lost vape therion DNA75 in ostrige pattern or the hcigar DNA vt133 in black? and why? thanks vapers and. have a great day.vape on.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have the hcigar VT133 sitting next to me on my desk. Quality piece of kit. I also have the Triade mod as well, honestly like the VT133 better.

It's a DNA mod so that is a constant, just the form factor, ease of getting to the batteries. It just works and there is a whole lot of support for the MOD on this site.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I love the VT133 personally, but think vape has some 167 watt dual battery DNA250 mods floating around. I want to get one of those but am waiting to hear feedback and for them to become more widely available.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a vt133, a vaporshark dna 200 a vaporflask dna133, an sdna75 and soon a vaporshark dnq75

if I could only have one, it would be the flask dna133. but I like all 22mm attys.
if you use 24 mm attys I would get the hcigar vt133.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of the two on your list I would get the VT133 all the way. I think it's a great mod, feels good in hand, works great, is tough/well built, and can be had for ~$80 on sale..

I also prefer the DNA200 chip to the DNA75. If I'm getting a dual 18650 mod it's going to have a DNA200 chip in it. The DNA200 is more efficient (97% vs 85%). Because of this fact you will get better runtime and it will run cooler. I think the DNA200 chip is more advanced as well. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Out of the two on your list I would get the VT133 all the way. I think it's a great mod, feels good in hand, works great, is tough/well built, and can be had for ~$80 on sale..

I also prefer the DNA200 chip to the DNA75. If I'm getting a dual 18650 mod it's going to have a DNA200 chip in it. The DNA200 is more efficient (97% vs 85%). Because of this fact you will get better runtime and it will run cooler. I think the DNA200 chip is more advanced as well. I could go on but I think you get the point.

Cheers,
Steve
any word on those new DNA250 mods? even google can't find them often lol. I'm talking about the Therion 167 and the FinDer 167

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any word on those new DNA250 mods? even google can't find them often lol. I'm talking about the Therion 167 and the FinDer 167
The DNA250 chip still seems to be in limited supply. The only mod using it that I'm hearing much about atm is the Boxer 250/167:
https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-classic-dna167w-with-evolv-dna250-temperature-control/
https://gingervaper.com/product/boxer-mod-classic-dna250w-with-evolv-dna250-temperature-control/

Cheers,
Steve

mero16

Member For 4 Years
great help vapers, also i watched some ytubes reviews and most of them say that the build quality on it was not so great, meaning the door was unpainted and flimzy(slides off), the seems edges dont match. maybe the mod was updated since those reviews,how are yours.. im liking the black/black or the black/yellow, where can i get that 133 for lesst than $100? thank you again for all your help. keep them coming.

this vape community is awesome!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
great help vapers, also i watched some ytubes reviews and most of them say that the build quality on it was not so great, meaning the door was unpainted and flimzy(slides off), the seems edges dont match. maybe the mod was updated since those reviews,how are yours.. im liking the black/black or the black/yellow, where can i get that 133 for lesst than $100? thank you again for all your help. keep them coming.

this vape community is awesome!
Everything you could possibly want to know about the mod is in this thread:
HCIGAR VT133 Dual 18650 DNA200
As for reviewers I don't put much stock in their opinion. YMMV
As for price for the longest time ecig had them on sale. Now I've seen them for ~$80 when VapeNW runs their 20% off sale. I've also seen them in that range when GB runs a flash sale. Eciggity also runs 20% sales every once in awhile. Another good place to search for prices on mods is Vapecrawler.com

PS I've already told you what I think about the mod so no sense in repeating myself

Cheers,
Steve

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Kev012in

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like many others I'd recommend the hcigar vt133. I just got one myself and I'm highly impressed. It's my first dna device but either way it's amazing. Build quality is good, the battery door can be squeezed slightly to tighten it on the case. Nice clicky buttons. If you vape under 133 watts it's a very solid mod.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
for me the only advantage of the 250 or the 200 is the 2a charge board.
I rarely exceed 100w, even in preheat so a 133 is fine which negates the need for the charge board. That said most of my dna mods have the 2a charger anyway, since they are vaporshark mods (4 dna200/133s) and I never charge on-board with 18650 batteries; but, with the lipo mods it is certainly nice.

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well vapers, i just pulled the trigger on a hcigar 133 in black.cant wait to get it.now the wait...it will give me some time to read the entire main thread..118pages. im at page 22..lol.again thanks for all your help.
Congrats, I really think you are going to like it. If you have any questions when you receive it, feel free to ask. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
well vapers, i just pulled the trigger on a hcigar 133 in black.cant wait to get it.now the wait...it will give me some time to read the entire main thread..118pages. im at page 22..lol.again thanks for all your help.
congrats!! :cheers:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Well done, you will enjoy it. Don't let the VT133 detractors like Steve get you down, it's a great mod.

:p

(Obviously joking about Steve)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Congrats on a nice mod. My favorite dual 18650 DNA. You're gonna love it.

VU Sponsors