Become a Patron!

My nicotine storage method

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have 4 kids so I did get right in safety and hope to preserve the nicotine for long storage
06cd42977d2bd1db7974431a469ff2f8.jpg

4 4oz bottles fit in a small priority mail box
b27e57426f9b2c7627d233bd56b3a548.jpg

Finished product
bfca1f156db0f8bd6440958c05ac7ecb.jpg

68848f1a493fde459267c43eb9d43af5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
get a small lock box.
I don't have kids in my house anymore, but I still lock up my nicotine.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have not really done the math yet have 1 more L to do to give me 3L 100mg I vape at 3mg I just mix for my self (no real life vape buddy's) I vape about 90ml a week working down to 2mg gone from 6mg to 4mg now at 3mg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You're set for a LONG time. I have the same amount in my freezer. Someone posted a calculator here, for lazy people like me, lol. I think it said I'm good for around 13 years, or so, and I vape 8-9mg. I'd say you're good for a while, lol.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm at 2.2% NIC and ok with it.
What I'd like to reduce is my total juice consumption.
Currently at 45ml / day.
If I can get to 20ml / day I'd safe a few $.
Then again with as much as I enjoy my ADV I don't see any reductions in my future.

zaptear I'd say you're doing it right between the freezer and vacuum packing your NIC.
Good job.
Feel free to come over to separate and vacuum seal my 2 gallons of NIC.
I'll patiently wait on you while I vape.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I posted a thing about how much juice i can make with one 120 ml bottle of 100 mg/ml nic at 0.2, yes 0.2, mg. It would all go bad or I will be dead before I can use it.

I almost bought more but don't see the need.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm at 2.2% NIC and ok with it.
What I'd like to reduce is my total juice consumption.
Currently at 45ml / day.
If I can get to 20ml / day I'd safe a few $.
Then again with as much as I enjoy my ADV I don't see any reductions in my future.

zaptear I'd say you're doing it right between the freezer and vacuum packing your NIC.
Good job.
Feel free to come over to separate and vacuum seal my 2 gallons of NIC.
I'll patiently wait on you while I vape.
Maybe you will nap some too.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 Litres of 72MG nicotine in the freezer (72MG is the highest strength we can get in the UK) due to the TPD coming into force next month, and 20MG and 10ML bottles being the most you can buy in the future.
I should be sorted for many years as I vape at 3MG.

What are the regulations the FDA have/ are bringing in in regards to nicotine? I hope it isn't as strict as what has happened here, and if it is, all you DIY'ers have a nice stock in your freezers ready to give them the middle finger and carry on making your own juice :)

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ya that's what I'm doing no one really knows it's already harder to ship usps put a stop to it buy MFS still ships usps till thy get busted I guess most others are ups and it's like 14$ to ship

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are the regulations the FDA have/ are bringing in in regards to nicotine? I hope it isn't as strict as what has happened here, and if it is, all you DIY'ers have a nice stock in your freezers ready to give them the middle finger and carry on making your own juice :)

I'm in the U.S. and am less concerned with the FDA than I am in our tax and spend elected officials. Some local/state areas are already starting to feel the pinch. The nic. I can buy now could cost me 10 or more times the $ amount in the future.

Ron
---
"Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief."- Sigmund Freud

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm in the U.S. and am less concerned with the FDA than I am in our tax and spend elected officials. Some local/state areas are already starting to feel the pinch. The nic. I can buy now could cost me 10 or more times the $ amount in the future.

Ron
---
"Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief."- Sigmund Freud
Ouch, that would be a big hit price wise. How much does nicotine currently cost you? It cost me around £35-40 for a litre of 72MG, this will no longer be available, and the new TPD compliant 10ML, 18MG bottles are £15.99 for 18 bottles. So 180ML of 18MG is now near £16, which is a massive increase compared to what was available to everyone.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ouch, that would be a big hit price wise. How much does nicotine currently cost you? It cost me around £35-40 for a litre of 72MG, this will no longer be available, and the new TPD compliant 10ML, 18MG bottles are £15.99 for 18 bottles. So 180ML of 18MG is now near £16, which is a massive increase compared to what was available to everyone.
I guess I would have to decrease nic if I was still using high numbers. That will extend it.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How much does nicotine currently cost you?

Good question!

When I buy nic. it's never been less than 1 ltr. Over the past few years it's been anywhere between $40-150. I'm considering my next purchase from 4 different vendors. If I had to pick one right now; it would probably be $92 (plus shipping ~ around 12 bucks~) from VT.
http://www.vaperstek.org/1-liter-eu-sourced-nicotine-100-mg-usp-ep/

Since it's EU sourced, that choice might also help your price comparison.

Ron
---
"Poison's not bad. It's a matter of how much."- Keith Richards

I am storing my nicotine in the cardboard boxes. I have stacked the nicotine bottles in the moving boxes we brought from Burlington. Then wrapped it in the plastic wrappers. Sealed it tightly with tape in order to avoid moisture absorption. Then placed it in the freezer. After my usage, I keep it back in the freezer with tight sealing.

VU Sponsors