Become a Patron!

My notes on few Flavourart flavours - percentages

First of all I've noticed that all flavourart flavours needed at least one month steeping. Another mention: I use 100% VG base/6mg nicotine. Next I will share to you the percentages I used.
Cam blend: 15% (liked the taste)
RY4: 18% (liked the taste)
Coconut: 20% (taste is good, but not strong enough)
Burley: 15% (I like alot)
Hazelnut: 15% (good)
Dusk: 20% (it's ok)
Hypnotic mist: 25% (is nice)
Desertship: 120 drops per 30 ml base (liked very much)
Storm: 40 drops per 15 ml base (did't like standalone, but mixed with Virginia)
Walnut: 200 drops per 30ml base (good flavour, but still weak)
Maxblend: 10% (liked)
SOHO: 50% (is very nice taste)
Glory: 12% (very good taste)
Virginia: 10% (very good taste)
7 Leaves: 13% (I hate the taste)
Tuscan reserve: 15% (good taste, close to Desertship)
Layton blend: 16% (cotton taste is all what I've felt. I think is the worst flavour)
Jamaica: 8% (is nice taste)
Irish cream: 15% (couldn't vape)
Catalan cream: 30% (good taste)
My mix: on 60ml base - 210 drops apple pie + 120 drops cream + 90 drops lemon (cannot feel anything of fresh cream, but the other two are nice)

Next will be: Cowboy blend 15%, Shade15%, Banana 20%, Vanilla Tahiti 20%, Cherry black 20%, Custard cream 50%. All of these are steeping now, but I will let you know.

For the ones you're not tasting strongly enough, have you considered reducing the percentage? Many times, over-flavoring can create the opposite effect.

Yes, I did. From begining I used the recomended percentages by maker and I've only got the sweet-vanilla taste of VG base. After that I used at least 15% for everything and if it was too strong, I dilute it until I felt the taste. I forgot to mention the Black Fire: I used two drops in 10 ml base and yes, there is the flavour. I think this is their strongest.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you don't mind me asking, how long, and how much did you smoke before vaping? I ask this because smoking can really mess up your taste buds. At the percentages you're using it would probably blow my head off if I tried to vape it! I don't think I've ever used an FA flavor over 5-6% max.

Wow - I don't think I've used FA over 4-5% in any mix.

Man, you are one of those happy guys if it works for you at 4-5 %. Believe me, I've tried even lower percentages, but there was nothing there to me, except Black Fire witch is really strong. Is not my intention to argue or fight anyone on this subject, I just want to share my experience with Flavourart percentages, and I would like other users to share their experiences. Respect!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't speak for anyone else, and no disrespect is intended. I just know that most people, myself included, don't really have to use percentages that high with FA. If it works for you, and you enjoy it, that's all that really matters.:)

If you don't mind me asking, how long, and how much did you smoke before vaping? I ask this because smoking can really mess up your taste buds. At the percentages you're using it would probably blow my head off if I tried to vape it! I don't think I've ever used an FA flavor over 5-6% max.

I don't mind at all: I've smoked for 25 years more than 40 sticks daily. You might be right about loosing taste, but I'm not shure. When I've tried RY4 from Liqua, I've had to dilute it one part liquid to two parts base because it was too strong taste. Even so diluted the Liqua RY4 taste was stronger than the 18% Flavourart RY4.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't mind at all: I've smoked for 25 years more than 40 sticks daily. You might be right about loosing taste, but I'm not shure. When I've tried RY4 from Liqua, I've had to dilute it one part liquid to two parte base because it was too strong taste. Even so diluted the Liqua RY4 taste was stronger than the 18% Flavourart RY4.
Well, some flavors do carry better than others for sure. Also, strength can vary greatly from one brand to the next. I mix with a lot of CAP flavorings and you have to use more of it than FA as a rule. One we do agree on is Black Fire, more than a drop per 10-15ml is way too much, that stuff is stout! FA Boosted (Tiramisu) is another that is way strong.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, you never mention what kind of set-up you're vaping on, RTA, or RDA, power mode or TC. I have found that all those can impact flavor a great deal. I vape a lot in TC mode, and just changing the temperature you're vaping at can make a huge difference in the flavors of some mixes.

I use an Kayfun 5, kanthal wire, power mode, 0.7 ohm, 14 watts mostly. Indeed, for some flavours, if I increase the power, the taste is different.

CYGNUX1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Better Up the wattage and lower the % IMO. Been mixing now for 5 months and the highest ratio i use from FA is SOHO @ 9%. For my case when i started mixing FA Flavour i notice when i go to high on ratio by 2 or 3 drop too much in 10 ml it just sature my taste buds and i loose thea flavor profile and everything start tasting kinda liquor like.

VU Sponsors