my notes on FlavourArt Coffee Espresso

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The first coffee that I plan to buy, thanks for the review. I love good coffee, and vaping is somewhat like vaping the aroma of something more than eating it or drinking it and nothing smells better than coffee to me

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Totally agree.....I've been using this flavoring for years and it's by far my favorite coffee. I've found other coffee flavorings I like as well but they were very dark, black even and atty killers, this one is lighter in color and vapes cleaner. This is the only lighter colored coffee flavoring I've liked. I tend to go up to 5% on it at times straight up but I like it strong. It is potent and until experienced with it I would recommend starting at 2% and even less if using it as an enhancer.

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mine finally arrived, I plan to make a basic coffee and cream with it first. I would like to try it in a tobacco blend maybe too..I have not made many tobaccos and a lot of FA and TFA tobaccos have arrived too.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I've been using coffee espresso for a year now and it's superb. I do variety of mixes...sometimes with Bavarian cream, hazelnut or with vanilla, mocha, sweet cream, caramel...the possibilities are endless. I'm not much for tobacco vapes anymore but can certainly see how it might be good in one. Funny how your tastes change with time...what I used to love is just meh and what I didn't like is now interesting. Go figure:)

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got back and forth too L2V, but lately I have been having a slight craving for real tobacco so i have been going tobacco vape nuts lately. I still love my fruits though!

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Lol, I know exactly what you mean MJ. When I first started vaping I couldn't get enough of tobacco flavors...used to love the stuff. Never was big on fruits until I started diy and got introduced to FA flavors. After I moved on to bakery flavors and became a custard junkie...then came coffee. Been stuck here for awhile. Lately I've been experimenting with nuts and found I love them too. I'm sure I'll loop been around again with a new twist. Learn something new every day...that's what I love about mixing my own stuff:)

colonelk0rn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had my first taste of Coffee Espresso tonight at 2%. Knocked my head off... count that as a lesson learned! I had to change my coils. Definitely should have looked here first HIC.

Seehad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got this in yesterday and I was pretty excited to try it. I've been involved with coffee for almost 20 yrs now; first as a barista, then a hobby, and sometimes a consultant. I started off at 1% and while it's a good coffee, it is quite potent and there really isn't room for much more. Good coffee is so complex and coming up with a good coffee juice is going to take many components. As I work with this espresso, I believe mixing as a 10% solution and then using it at <1% is going to be money.

I've tried my own coffee extractions using beans I roasted myself and it was still pretty one noted.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Oh my, now THATS coffee love! I'm half way through the list and can't wait to try them all. Kinda timid when it comes to tobacco flavors, but you trust your judgement. Need to order some additional flavors to try those though

Seehad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great stuff in there. Thanks! Since I started roasting, I haven't had a single drop of cream in my coffee. My current favorite is a Mexican Nayarita natural process that I roast to a light medium. It has a bit of dry baker's chocolate, caramel sweetness, buttered nuts, berries and orange. While brightly acidic, it is perfectly balanced.

Another thing I am curious about.. is coffee one of those flavors that doesn't do well with a ~35W setup? Even at .25% in a blend, I was getting a bitter aftertaste on my dripper.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
I read somewhere that dark vapure and chocolate mixed well together and thought I'd give it a try because I had a small bottle the I picked from liberty flights some time ago. I added 2% to a mix and it was indescribably horrible. Having started with TFA I'm learning that less is more with FA...but none is better for me with DV. All I need is the survival tshirt now...

Seehad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use cheap-o, low-end vaping equipment, so I can't give you much info there. It's not one that others have mentioned burns at high power, though.
Your nicotine base makes a HUGE difference with FA Espresso! The more pure your nic base is, the smoooooother espresso tastes, and the more of it you can use. With Wizard Labs nic, Espresso tasted overwhelmingly strong to me; I rarely used over 0.5%. With VapersTek nic, it's perfect to me. It's so smooth I can vape it 2-3% and enjoy it. Try a little sample with no nic at all and see if you notice a difference. If so, consider your nic base.
Just so happens I had a box delivered with some VT nicotine today.. I saw all of the recommendations and decided not to wait for the ECX bottle of nicotine to run out before switching up. I realized the 9V battery note I was getting was from the nicotine and after mixing up two recipes, I am really happy I switched. Made a peppermint mix that felt like 80% of the way there, cut the flavor by a third, and it's the best peppermint I've ever made. I then tried a new recipe with oba oba and hypnotic mist and it's my newest ADV.

Tomorrow I plan to wash out all my bottles to make room for new samples using all the experience and tips I've learned since joining this forum. Once I have a coffee I enjoy, I could see a use for the FA cured ham flavor... There are few things in life more pleasurable than the sip of coffee following a bite of bacon.

Seehad

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update: Got the VT nicotine and made a version of your 5 star coffee and used .5% espresso. (Calling it the 5 star americano)
1% Vanilla Tahity
1% Fresh Cream
.5% Espresso
1% Caramel

It must have been the crappy nicotine because this is really good.

Slvrdragin41

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So am I! I'm a tobacco wimp. But those tobacco + espresso recipes really are cool effects. There are 3 FA tobaccos I know have been used like that:
FA Max Blend for caramel
FA Cuban Supreme for vanilla
and someone very recently mentioned FA 7 Leaves works similarly. To me, 7 Leaves has a hint of anise, but I haven't tried it with espresso yet.

Someone braver than I can try Dark Vapure for deep chocolate. That strong tobacco is banned from my place, lol.
Yes, the 7-leaves was very nice and did add just a hint of anise to the coffee flavors. But I did end up adding the extra vanilla with the vanilla swirl.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate that skunk tasting/smelling coffee flavors. So far I've only found one coffee vape that was tolerable and it was premade. I bought TFA Espresso... I hope it's decent.
FA Coffee Espresso: 2%, perhaps as much as 3%

EXCELLENT for all coffee vapes! Strong, true, never bitter, excellent coffee flavor! No skunk-like smell that many other coffee flavorings have, and it leaves no offensive vapor trail.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TPA Cappuccino killed my will to make coffee vapes. At best, it reminds me of hard coffee candy, which I dislike. Skunky and sweet, such that no attempt at creaming it has been remotely successful for me.

Going to give it another go with FA Espresso

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I find the first day FA espresso has a bit of an acidic note, like the tail end of the pot with grounds in it.. it quickly diminishes.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've gotten that skunky flavor out of every coffee vape I've tried, DIY or otherwise. However, I haven't used FA Espresso so.... just put my order in. I've had it in my cart for a while but they were sold out of Meringue which is another flavor I wanted so I had to wait. I did my own coffee extraction and it's not bad. It has a slight "skunky" note but is far less offensive of anything else I've tried. I'd really like a good coffee vape to go with my coffee.... Lol.
@Laughmore , wow, you've been smoke free for a long time! Excellent!

There are no skunks in FA Espresso, thank goodness. I hope you try it and love it.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA Espresso for the first time yesterday: on its own at 2%. It's smooth, plenty strong and much sweeter than expected. Even after all the excitement about this flavor, because of my previous experiences with coffee flavors, I wasn't getting my hopes up too much.

Well, I am floored it's this good. And I'm using MFS nic, which is nothing special, as far as I know. It's light, yet rich...there's even a little creaminess there. I am so psyched! It seems almost a shame to add anything to it. but I'm sure I'll get past that :)

It's distinctly different from every other coffee vape I've tried--except one: it reminds me quite a bit of White Cloud espresso flavor. Has anyone else tried both?

Cannot agree, mine is harsh with a bitter after taste even at 0.5%, it overpowers the mix I even have to change wick and wash the atty afterwards, it has a strong burned bakery/popcorn bitter after taste, it does smell great but it does not mix, stays separated from other flavors. But then it's just my opinion, taste is subjective.

Its well within expire date and all my FA are ordered directly from FlavourArt Italy, I don't think there's something wrong with it, maybe it's just my tasting buds, but at 0.5% I got more of a burn toast taste than coffee, its like I have dropped a chunk of acetyl pyrazine. I wish it could had more of a "sharp" coffee taste than bakery burn notes and I do shake well the bottle before I mix. My mixes are 50/50 ratio and If I drop the % bellow 0.5% I get no coffee at all.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
That's really strange...like HIC said there may be something wrong with that flavoring, even though it's not expired. To me, it has a definite robust coffee taste, nothing like you described. It would be well worth your effort to order another bottle from a different vendor to compare the two. I personally love this flavoring and have never had this issue. It wouldn't be the first time something was wrong with a flavoring...I've had that happen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm also a huge fan of FA Espresso but I must like extra flavor because I use it at 5% along with some TFA Kona and a tiny bit of cream.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I do like a lot of flavor. But, in all fairness, I think this particular liquid tastes better at higher ohms so I have it in an eGrip using an Aspire 1.5ohm BVC coil.

In my area, we still have a lot of people using 1.5+ ohm tanks and our house juice (50/50 PG/VG) is geared for that. I know that many of our dripper/sub-ohm tank customers dilute our house juice half-and-half with more VG.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FA Coffee Espresso: 2%, perhaps as much as 3%

I use maximum VG with distilled water to thin it.

How much distilled water do you add? Would it be okay to have 70% VG and 30 DW?

I will be trying 2% espresso and 1.5% Fresh Cream. Have you ever tried adding FA hazelnut and FA vanilla to the mix?

Last edited:

Jackson93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made this 2 times and I get an unpleasant popcorn taste too as mentioned above.

I used:
1.5% coffee espresso fa
1.5% cream fresh fa

I think it might be my nicotine (which is a 36mg base) , but other flavours I make dont suffer from this "popcorn" taste.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Jackson93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats what i'm going to do next indeed. Would you suggest espresso alone or add some fresh cream too?

Jackson93

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna give that a try, thanks !

I'll keep you updated.

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I like this coffee but it does not like to go away. I had just burned off my coils and changed the wicks before I tried it. I vaped it and thought good taste-I'll have to try some of HICs coffee recipes. Every juice I vaped after had a coffee undertone. At first I thought it'll go away soon. No, you will have coffee with everything. Final gave up and burned the coils and changed wicks again.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why am I seeing HIC's responses in this thread with only "." (a single period)?? I've noticed this in at least one other thread.

VU Sponsors