Become a Patron!

my notes on FlavourArt Oakwood

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah, reading the description and looking at Black Barrel Whiskey recipe, and I'm almost drooling.

I like Rum, Coconut, Vanilla... If I could squeeze in a tobacco and Oakwood...
Hmm, being me thinking about it, that could possibly result in the worst liquid ever produced by mankind. :p

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ah, reading the description and looking at Black Barrel Whiskey recipe, and I'm almost drooling.
I like Rum, Coconut, Vanilla... If I could squeeze in a tobacco and Oakwood...
Hmm, being me thinking about it, that could possibly result in the worst liquid ever produced by mankind. :p

Hey, you ought to try that idea! Make Black Barrel with Jamaican Rum instead of Whiskey. Then mix a little of that (finished) recipe into your favorite (finished) tobacco recipe. Sounds like a good idea to me, no incompatible flavors there.

Last edited:

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your description almost mirrors that of MTS Vape Wizard! :)

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Using I with coconut sounds like a great idea, would certainly help with the slightly woody taste you get in fresh coconut. I like oakwood, I have not really worked it in many juices at all yet, but it seems like a nice thing to have around. I can see using it very lightly in some fruits. I have not really figured out what to do with the MTS Vape wizard, but Oakwood actually has a flavor I can discern, and see how it may go with other flavors, MTS I just worry it will mute or something.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I have not really figured out what to do with the MTS Vape wizard, but Oakwood actually has a flavor I can discern, and see how it may go with other flavors, MTS I just worry it will mute or something.

Vape Wizard can mellow wild/raw tobacco flavors, sort of like a long steep sometimes does. I have yet to find a use for it that convinces me I really need to have it (then again, I don't vape tobacco flavors often). Oakwood, on the other hand, is one I'm using often. I love what it does for the boozy flavors!

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have been using oakwood a good bit lately, adding a tiny bit like .25% to green tea helps add to the woody flavor I like in real green tea....I have not worked out the perfect balence yet, but can tell there can be one at least :)

Works great with pear...like coconut it seems to add that more organic earthy background pear sorta already has. I love the stuff, and can see me over doing it with it soon. :p

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well crap. Are you taking your notes off VU @HeadInClouds ? WIll they at least be available MamaJ's? Either way, thanks for everything you've done for the world of DIY.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

VU Sponsors