Become a Patron!

My Personal Serpent Mini Killer

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I like RDA’s, 98% of the time that is what I use. On the rare occasion that I use an RTA it’s the Serpent Mini. I like it becuase it’s small, a single coil and has great flavor. It also has its flaws; like its prone to random leaking, spit back and can get really hot. The other day I got a coil master elfy which is also a small, single coil RTA and I like it better than my Serpent Mini. The GTA ( I believe that’s what it’s called) wicking style is and quick and so far I have not had any leaking. It also delivers all the flavor without the spit back. The airflow is not as smooth as the SM but still nice. My use is really limited but I think it will be re-placing my SM

D29CFECF-6E8B-4AAF-ADDD-8A93F1FD29B4.jpeg

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Watched a few reviews after you posted this skt239. That's an interesting little rta. I like single coil flavor chasers.
Im leaning towards flavor. It's weird. Tastes changed. I vape now completely different than when I started. I was never a clouds bro douche bag, but I needed that throut hit and nic level.

Now, I still like dense clouds. Just not airy exhaust plumes. Dense means more flavor packed in per area.

There are also so many techniques to flavor chasing. Your do not have to rock single coil $100.00 drippers to chase flavor. Some of them tanks are honestly not worth the price they go for, while some obviously are.

The pulse 22 and 24, the indestructible by wismec, the avacado 22 are all solid flavor atomizers. Maybe not the best but build em right and your will get great flavor.

One if my all time favorite drippers cost 10 bucks now. The indestructible has some great flavor and works good single and dual coil.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Im leaning towards flavor. It's weird. Tastes changed. I vape now completely different than when I started. I was never a clouds bro douche bag, but I needed that throut hit and nic level.

Now, I still like dense clouds. Just not airy exhaust plumes. Dense means more flavor packed in per area.

There are also so many techniques to flavor chasing. Your do not have to rock single coil $100.00 drippers to chase flavor. Some of them tanks are honestly not worth the price they go for, while some obviously are.

The pulse 22 and 24, the indestructible by wismec, the avacado 22 are all solid flavor atomizers. Maybe not the best but build em right and your will get great flavor.

One if my all time favorite drippers cost 10 bucks now. The indestructible has some great flavor and works good single and dual coil.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Okay... so what are your thoughts on the Elfy?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched a few reviews after you posted this skt239. That's an interesting little rta. I like single coil flavor chasers.
If you remember from reviews, the post holes are pretty small. There is a good amount of space across the deck but tough to get something of any size in there that’s not just a lot of wraps. I tried to put a fancy alien in there today and it just didn’t fit. Oh well, that’s not how I use my rta’s, small Clapton’s, higher resistance and lower wattage is how I like to run them.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you remember from reviews, the post holes are pretty small. There is a good amount of space across the deck but tough to get something of any size in there that’s not just a lot of wraps. I tried to put a fancy alien in there today and it just didn’t fit. Oh well, that’s not how I use my rta’s, small Clapton’s, higher resistance and lower wattage is how I like to run them.
Well that's kind of a bummer. Think a four core fused Clapton @ 4mm would fit?

I'm with you. I prefer higher ohms and lower watts myself.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well that's kind of a bummer. Think a four core fused Clapton @ 4mm would fit?

I'm with you. I prefer higher ohms and lower watts myself.
I have no idea. The coils I make for myself are incredibly simple because I suck at building. Instead I just buy premade fancy coils from mainly advanced vape supply. Becuase of my laziness I’m awful at judging sizes.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea. The coils I make for myself are incredibly simple because I suck at building. Instead I just buy premade fancy coils from mainly advanced vape supply. Becuase of my laziness I’m awful at judging sizes.
Ah, I buy their wire and coil it up myself. I'll have to look around to see how big of a coil the Elfy can fit without killing the airflow or creating a whistle. The wire I use is rather thin so it probably would fit at 4mm.

VU Sponsors