Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have been a LONG TIME Amazon Prime customer and have been extremely pleased with both the products I have purchased as well as seriously GREAT customer service.

Don't know about the rest of you but I had some crud built up in my microwave oven that just had to go!

Since VU software does not allow Amazon.com links you can search by description.

Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner-Green Base.

411fQvXemJL.jpg

Simple to use. Detach the hair and face things, fill to the lines with White Vinegar and Water, replace face and hair and then your place in your microwave for 7 minutes on the High setting and then after your microwave "Beep's" at you, all of the crud can be wiped out with paper towels.

Yesterday, as usual, I "Nuked" a frozen Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuit as usual as part of my breakfast.

Then I used this device strictly following the instructions.

Remove the "Face and Hair" and then fill with White Vinegar to the lowest mark and then add water to the top fill mark and then replace the face and hair.

Then you stick the sucker in your microwave, set to high for 7 minutes and wait for 2 minutes before opening said microwave and stains and things are softened and ready for removal with a few paper towels.

Anyway, got everything going to the above plan, At the same time I turned said microwave oven on, I set my cell phone timer to 9 minutes ( 7 under full power and two minutes to complete the process) and I went into my office to do other stuff while I was waiting for my cell phone to beep

Well, I did get my beeps, left my office, grabbed a roll of paper towels and I was greeted by a totally non-functional microwave oven.

I arranged a phone call with Amazon customer service and I was connected with someone with a very thick accent that I could barely understand. I explained very nicely indeed that this product had totally damaged my microwave oven and I needed a replacement microwave oven.

She then out of Amazon charity offered me either a $6 credit or a new Angry Mama;.

At this point, she was dealing with the Original Angry Uncle and I demanded to speak with her immediate supervisor.

After about 5 minutes, I was connected to someone with a more understandable accent.

Took me a bit but I rather think that I was able to convey to her that the item I had purchased from Amazon.Com had actually damaged beyond repair my microwave oven.

Spent the better part of the hour giving her information for my claim.

During which (IMHO trying to weasel out of said claim) she asked me if the product I had just purchased from Amazon.Com had an expiration date! I kinda lost it and said it had the same expiration date that her coffee cup had!

Good Lord forgive me for my reply to either totally ignorant folks or simply EVIL company stooges!

And I am not trying to take advantage of the situation. I gave them the model number of my microwave and I told her that I would be happy with any 1.3 cubic foot, 1200 Watt microwave from open stock or refurbished.

I was told that I would have a response in 24 to 48 hours.

24 hours is now in the rearview mirror so I am going to wait for another 24 hours

If I am not happy, I will be sending Mr. Jeff Bezos a personal E-mail about this crap.

BTW, his email is [email protected] and he takes great pride from reading ALL of his emails.

Anway, are you behind me on this or do you think I am making a mountain out of a mohill?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Well, I did get my beeps, left my office, grabbed a roll of paper towels and I was greeted by a totally non-functional microwave oven.

How did it wipe out your microwave? Melted, exploded, etc

That would be the key to me as to whether Amazon or the manufacturer owes you

I've always found Amazon customer service to be about 50/50 - my last two (over the course of years) really pissed me off

However, I continue to buy from them because it's usually by far the least expensive option as I live out in the middle of nowhere with few shopping options, even if I was willing to pay more at a B&M

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
How did it wipe out your microwave? Melted, exploded, etc

That would be the key to me as to whether Amazon or the manufacturer owes you

I've always found Amazon customer service to be about 50/50 - my last two (over the course of years) really pissed me off

However, I continue to buy from them because it's usually by far the least expensive option as I live out in the middle of nowhere with few shopping options, even if I was willing to pay more at a B&M

The sucker just quit working!

And yes, when I put the thing in there, the microwave worked just fine. Just a couple of hours after I had made my breakfast sandwich!

The timer on my cell phone went off to indicate that the cleaning cycle was done so I walked into the kitchen to find a dark and dead microwave!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I'm always on your side Uncle RJ. Did you look to see if any others had the thing happen?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm on your side also gramps, but it seems you might have a hard time proving the washy thing broke your microwave

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I honestly don't think the product caused your microwave to fail. I think the microwaved failed all in its own. I am not being rude at all but if it had failed while microwaving the breakfast sandwich would you blame the sandwich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
  1. How old is this Microwave Oven?
  2. How do you know it is not repairable?
  3. Did you check the outlet it is plugged into?
  4. Did you check the circuit breaker?
Serious questions to try and help with an Internet Diagnosis

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Found 2 reviews that said it ruined their microwave, product caused it to short out. A few mentioned spewing liquid or melting base. No one mentioned Amazon replaced microwave. Think you will have to buy yourself a new microwave. :(

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suspect that the microwave manufacturers' cleaning instructions probably say to to clean the interior with a damp cloth and avoid an chemical cleaning agents. Sounds like a tough one Uncle.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm just trying to figure out why nuking any sort of food at proper settings would cause such a mess you couldn't clean it with plain water, or soap and water. I've had various things kinda "explode" in the microwave and cause a godawful mess, but not regular frozen food nuked at proper settings. If the food is causing that big a mess, I'd be more inclined to think THAT the culprit in the microwave's death, because that's just not normal.

Andria

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
take it as a sign from God to throw the thing out and stop nuking your food.
Amen. Ever since my kid became people and started to eat real food we got rid of microwave. I don't miss it one bit and generally try to avoid them.

As to the microwave, might very well be the fault of the novelty cleaner, might not. Either way, I wouldn't expect anything above the $6.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have been a LONG TIME Amazon Prime customer and have been extremely pleased with both the products I have purchased as well as seriously GREAT customer service.

Don't know about the rest of you but I had some crud built up in my microwave oven that just had to go!

Since VU software does not allow Amazon.com links you can search by description.

Angry Mama Microwave Cleaner-Green Base.

411fQvXemJL.jpg

Simple to use. Detach the hair and face things, fill to the lines with White Vinegar and Water, replace face and hair and then your place in your microwave for 7 minutes on the High setting and then after your microwave "Beep's" at you, all of the crud can be wiped out with paper towels.

Yesterday, as usual, I "Nuked" a frozen Sausage Egg and Cheese Biscuit as usual as part of my breakfast.

Then I used this device strictly following the instructions.

Remove the "Face and Hair" and then fill with White Vinegar to the lowest mark and then add water to the top fill mark and then replace the face and hair.

Then you stick the sucker in your microwave, set to high for 7 minutes and wait for 2 minutes before opening said microwave and stains and things are softened and ready for removal with a few paper towels.

Anyway, got everything going to the above plan, At the same time I turned said microwave oven on, I set my cell phone timer to 9 minutes ( 7 under full power and two minutes to complete the process) and I went into my office to do other stuff while I was waiting for my cell phone to beep

I arranged a phone call with Amazon customer service and I was connected with someone with a very thick accent that I could barely understand. I explained very nicely indeed that this product had totally damaged my microwave oven and I needed a replacement microwave oven.

She then out of Amazon charity offered me either a $6 credit or a new Angry Mama;.

At this point, she was dealing with the Original Angry Uncle and I demanded to speak with her immediate supervisor.

After about 5 minutes, I was connected to someone with a more understandable accent.

Took me a bit but I rather think that I was able to convey to her that the item I had purchased from Amazon.Com had actually damaged beyond repair my microwave oven.

Spent the better part of the hour giving her information for my claim.

During which (IMHO trying to weasel out of said claim) she asked me if the product I had just purchased from Amazon.Com had an expiration date! I kinda lost it and said it had the same expiration date that her coffee cup had!

Good Lord forgive me for my reply to either totally ignorant folks or simply EVIL company stooges!

And I am not trying to take advantage of the situation. I gave them the model number of my microwave and I told her that I would be happy with any 1.3 cubic foot, 1200 Watt microwave from open stock or refurbished.

I was told that I would have a response in 24 to 48 hours.

24 hours is now in the rearview mirror so I am going to wait for another 24 hours

If I am not happy, I will be sending Mr. Jeff Bezos a personal E-mail about this crap.

BTW, his email is [email protected] and he takes great pride from reading ALL of his emails.

Anway, are you behind me on this or do you think I am making a mountain out of a mohill?
You should contact the product manufacturer, sounds like a bad product. There is a possibility your microwave failed during the long run on its own though, especially if it's old.
Looks like it's the Product at fault see these comments under the review, probably the ones Letika saw:
http://doesitreallywork.org/angry-mama-review/

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey RJ were you drinking when you started this thread.

Nope, not drinking just really pissed!

Also, if it had failed while heating my breakfast sandwich, after checking the breaker (which I did) I would most likely have purchased a new microwave from whoever was having a sale locally. Possibly even ordering from Amazon and get in two days with my Prime account.

Also, for cooking real food, I don't use a microwave. But first thing in the AM, I am just not motivated enough for any food preparation other than flipping the switch on my coffee maker or nuking a breakfast sandwich.

But there are others that use it and manage to make a mess from time to time. Personally, I try to avoid using cleaners with lots of chemicals and thought that a vinegar and water "Steam" may be an eco-friendly way to remove said messes.

And like Letitia9 commented, I am not the only one that has ended up with a damaged microwave from using this labor-saving device.

Also promised a response from Amazon in 24-48hours and I am now nearing the 72-hour mark without a peep.

This is one of those "Matter of Principal" situations now.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The key is in the above statement: "Yesterday as usual..."
Nothing lasts for ever, Uncle, not even you. Considering that you USUALLY nuke your breakfast
don't be surprised if you suddenly decide to not function one of these days...

Your microwave expired, happens to the best of us. Vinegar fumes had nothing to do with it.
A microwave is used to humidity coming off from what you nuke..Moreover, the green Angry Mama Cleaner is a clever gimmick to ensnare
horny drunken uncles into parting with their green cash. A microwave safe dish with a paper towel soaked in vinegar would accomplish
the goal of getting acetic acid fumes all over but cleaning the nuker with a vinegar soaked paper towel while it is warm would also.

Good luck getting Bezos to buy you a new microwave, the fucker didn't get rich giving stuff away.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
heres my 2 cents

1. its not amazon's fault. Its the manufacturer's. so take your issue to them not amazon, they are just the retailer. if you bought this from say the dollar store, they wouldn't replace the microwave

2. since you can find others saying it did the same thing, you have a right to be pissed. so i would do some research on this product more and go from there

IMHO amazon owes you nothing, they don't make it, they just give you au platform to buy stiff for cheap and cover shipping for many items with prime members.

3. 24-48 business hours not actual hours so if you called thursday, monday is 48 hours not the weekend

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope, not drinking just really pissed!

Also, if it had failed while heating my breakfast sandwich, after checking the breaker (which I did) I would most likely have purchased a new microwave from whoever was having a sale locally. Possibly even ordering from Amazon and get in two days with my Prime account.

Also, for cooking real food, I don't use a microwave. But first thing in the AM, I am just not motivated enough for any food preparation other than flipping the switch on my coffee maker or nuking a breakfast sandwich.

But there are others that use it and manage to make a mess from time to time. Personally, I try to avoid using cleaners with lots of chemicals and thought that a vinegar and water "Steam" may be an eco-friendly way to remove said messes.

And like Letitia9 commented, I am not the only one that has ended up with a damaged microwave from using this labor-saving device.

Also promised a response from Amazon in 24-48hours and I am now nearing the 72-hour mark without a peep.

This is one of those "Matter of Principal" situations now.

1lcbi8.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The key is in the above statement: "Yesterday as usual..."
Nothing lasts for ever, Uncle, not even you. Considering that you USUALLY nuke your breakfast
don't be surprised if you suddenly decide to not function one of these days...

Your microwave expired, happens to the best of us. Vinegar fumes had nothing to do with it.
A microwave is used to humidity coming off from what you nuke..Moreover, the green Angry Mama Cleaner is a clever gimmick to ensnare
horny drunken uncles into parting with their green cash. A microwave safe dish with a paper towel soaked in vinegar would accomplish
the goal of getting acetic acid fumes all over but cleaning the nuker with a vinegar soaked paper towel while it is warm would also.

Good luck getting Bezos to buy you a new microwave, the fucker didn't get rich giving stuff away.

Actually... the vinegar fumes MIGHT have had a bit to do with it. I say that because, I used to microwave a quart-measuring cup of teabags and water (for iced tea), and then let it sit in the microwave until it was cool enough to handle -- that microwave was the first and most expensive we ever owned, bought in the 80s, when stuff was still made to last instead of disposable to replace... but after a few years of having concentrated tannic acid steam in it... it just died. So I do think that acidic fumes can have a seriously negative effect on electronics.

Andria

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually... the vinegar fumes MIGHT have had a bit to do with it. I say that because, I used to microwave a quart-measuring cup of teabags and water (for iced tea), and then let it sit in the microwave until it was cool enough to handle -- that microwave was the first and most expensive we ever owned, bought in the 80s, when stuff was still made to last instead of disposable to replace... but after a few years of having concentrated tannic acid steam in it... it just died. So I do think that acidic fumes can have a seriously negative effect on electronics.

Andria
I think it's possible the acetic acid cumulatively damaged the insulation in the wires but highly doubt it.
Like alcohol acetic acid evaporates if not contained..

When I worked in the TV industry some talent turned me on to putting tea bags on my eyes
to soothe them after 8 to 12 hours of staring at monitors and the tannic acid never hurt my eyes.
I'd have to look at the wiring to decide.

Water content in the vinegar might short exposed connections but again..doubt it.
I use a nuke to pre boil the water I then put in a crock pot to quick-steep my DIY juice.
It's going on 5 years and the cheapo microwave is still running like new.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
heres my 2 cents

1. its not amazon's fault. Its the manufacturer's. so take your issue to them not amazon, they are just the retailer. if you bought this from say the dollar store, they wouldn't replace the microwave

2. since you can find others saying it did the same thing, you have a right to be pissed. so i would do some research on this product more and go from there

IMHO amazon owes you nothing, they don't make it, they just give you au platform to buy stiff for cheap and cover shipping for many items with prime members.

3. 24-48 business hours not actual hours so if you called thursday, monday is 48 hours not the weekend

1. Amazon promoted and sold on the Amazon.Com. website. They know that there have been issues with said product and still they sell them

1-1/2. Paid for with an Amazon Visa. Not sure what this means but I am pissed.

2. Damn straight I am pressing the issue!

3. Amazon is a 24/7/365 business. For them, weekends do not count!

4. Cause and effect. Look this up for yourself as I am a grumpy old fart and don't feel like taking the time to explain philosophy or any other science :p

5. Still pissed as before I used this product I had a WORKING microwave oven!

6. FYI, my son has a working microwave hand me down oven that is about 20 years old. For the most part, these things don't break down without help. See number 4. Old, cranky and pissed off!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Unclerj you should be pissed
we had a microwave we bought used at a yard sale for $5 that lasted another 15 years before it crapped out
you are right they last a long time usually
but the microwave we bought to replace it lasted a whole year.

you should be pissed, I hope you get satisfaction

i just think you should go after the manufacturer and not amazon because I personally feel that is who is responsible

Also when I search the product, It says sold by ORIENT INFINITY LIMITED and fulfilled by amazon. Now when you bought it amazon may have had your particular one in stock and was selling it themselves, as stock changes over time and so does the sellers of stuff on amazon. But when you bought it it may have only been fulfilled by amazon as well. You can go to your orders and find the item and it will say SOLD BY: and tell you who actually sold you the item.

hope this works out for you

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
first let me help you direct your rage @UncleRJ
1. Amazon may have sold you the item but if said item breaks something you also have to hold the manufacturer of the item accountable.
Amazon owes you a full refund for the item.
2. who ever makes the item is responsible for the damage it caused i would ask amazon if they would join you in getting them to replace your device. if not you would hold them liable for selling a known defective product.

as clarifiers was this item sold by amazon thur amazon or was it sold by random guy thur amazon.
think the wording is "Fulfilled by amazon" for third party sales.

ie it is a top down accountability.,

Device maker>seller>amazon>you

or

Device maker>amazon>you

Also dont foret to hold the microwave manafactuer accountable for not properly shielding its device against steam failure

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
first let me help you direct your rage @UncleRJ
1. Amazon may have sold you the item but if said item breaks something you also have to hold the manufacturer of the item accountable.
Amazon owes you a full refund for the item.
2. who ever makes the item is responsible for the damage it caused i would ask amazon if they would join you in getting them to replace your device. if not you would hold them liable for selling a known defective product.

as clarifiers was this item sold by amazon thur amazon or was it sold by random guy thur amazon.
think the wording is "Fulfilled by amazon" for third party sales.

ie it is a top down accountability.,

Device maker>seller>amazon>you

or

Device maker>amazon>you

Also dont foret to hold the microwave manafactuer accountable for not properly shielding its device against steam failure

BINGO lordmage!

To be very honest, your thoughts, for the most part, mirror my own!

Since it has now gone beyond the 96-hour mark for my between 24-48 hour promise for a resolution from Amazon.com, I sent a very politely worded email to Mr. Bezos owner and the god of Amazon.com advising him of my situation and also providing link to other customers that have had their own microwave ovens destroyed,

I also stated that if my microwave had died warming my breakfast sandwich, most likely I would have ordered a new one from Amazon.

Also stated that I have a Wally World about 15 minutes from me that have much of the same choices for abour the same amount of money.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Amazon promoted and sold on the Amazon.Com. website. They know that there have been issues with said product and still they sell them

1-1/2. Paid for with an Amazon Visa. Not sure what this means but I am pissed.

2. Damn straight I am pressing the issue!

3. Amazon is a 24/7/365 business. For them, weekends do not count!

4. Cause and effect. Look this up for yourself as I am a grumpy old fart and don't feel like taking the time to explain philosophy or any other science :p

5. Still pissed as before I used this product I had a WORKING microwave oven!

6. FYI, my son has a working microwave hand me down oven that is about 20 years old. For the most part, these things don't break down without help. See number 4. Old, cranky and pissed off!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So sorry to hear you're microwave is toast, RJ. I am an impusive shopper - mainly through Amazon and have returned countless items.
Amazon's customer service is outstanding.

However they will only address the item that you purchased. Letting them know what happened to your microwave will definitely be relayed to the vendor supplying Amazon. They'll cut them off in a heartbeat. Amazon is only responsible for the item they sell. I'm sure they promptly refunded you for the item.

However, you need to address the vendor of said product. Perhaps Amazon would be at liberty to disclose how to contact that vendor. If not, leave really nasty feedback regarding the item. You're on your own with the microwave. It isn't Amazon's fault.

Accept the refund for the item and go balls to the walls with the vendor - in China. I have a newer white extra microwave if you want it. Or, go to Walmart/WallyWorld and get one with decent reviews and be done with it. So sorry for your troubles.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
O YE OF LITTLE FAITH!

As I have stated before, this was mostly a matter of principal for me :deadhorse:

Last night, I sent off an Email to the attention of Mr. Jeff Bezos calmly and professionally communicating my situation and dissapointment.with the product and the result of the loss of my GE 1,200 Watt, 1.3 Cubic Foot Microwave.

Just about a half hour ago, I received a phone call from a very nice lady from AMAZON EXECUTIVE RELATIONS

Apparently, my Email had gotten the attention of Mr. Bezos and he wanted to make sure that the situation was resolved to my satisfaction.

So in addition to getting full credit for the Angry Momma, today they are shipping me a brand new (and for me upgraded features) microwave oven.

:stars::stars2::hearts::stars2::bingo::stars::stars2::hearts::confetti::vapemail:

Panasonic NN-SU696S Countertop Microwave Oven with Genius Cooking Sensor and Popcorn Button, 1.3 cu. ft., Stainless

61agDFZP0cL._SL1280_.jpg

They are also having their product safety department taking a really close look at the Angry Moma microwave cleaner:vino:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
. I have a newer white extra microwave if you want it. Or, go to Walmart/WallyWorld and get one with decent reviews and be done with it. So sorry for your troubles.

Thank you for your most generous offer Ms. Trixy but as you can see this situation has been resolved to my satisfaction.

And if I had not heard from Amazon, this afternoon I would have been headed to Wally World to purchase a new device this afternoon!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good for them. I've always been happy with Amazon, which is why I keep subscribing to Prime.

Andria

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to say I'm really surprised they are taking care of you to this extent RJ but nonetheless I'm happy for you.

Of course you do realize that the rest of us will be paying for your new microwave in the form of higher cost of goods from Amazon right? :mad:

:giggle:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have to say I'm really surprised they are taking care of you to this extent RJ but nonetheless I'm happy for you.

Of course you do realize that the rest of us will be paying for your new microwave in the form of higher cost of goods from Amazon right? :mad:

:giggle:

I would prefer to think that Amazon will be going back on the company that made the damn things in the first place!:cuss2:

VU Sponsors