Become a Patron!

My RDA is STUCK on my mod

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FML LOL brand new rda. I wanted to take off the top cap so I screwed it on my mod..not overly tight but now it won't budge Don't want to damage it any further with pliers. Please help :(

Yes, don't try anything silly or you'll regret it :cry:
Got the same problem with my Aris pro, the rubber stick to the glass with time. But once the top is removed I can grab it firmly with tissue and unscrew it with a bit of force.

What rda is it ?

I'm waiting for my ceramic tweezers. They have a circle to hold on stuck rda. Don't know how good it will work though.
multifunctional-vaper-tweezers-for-e-cigarettes-grey-white-teflon-ceramic-724mm.jpg

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's an Icon..A lil smart thinking and I got it off. All is well. I hit that panic button a little too quick,forgive me. Anyways, What I did was use a folded up toilet paper to protect the metal and continued with my pliers..Worked like a charm..a few lil scratches on the outside of the deck from my initial attempt.. nothing crazy didn't ruin anything..should be vaping on it soon just waiting for some batteries to charge :)

Seeing the icon deck, it has the same problem than the Aris: nothing to hold on once the top slip on the rubber. To unstuck the top, instead of turning clockwise (at the risk of getting the rda stuck to the mod), I wiggle the top until some juice get on the rubber, making it more slippery. It works if you have a bit of play.

As i said, if it's stuck I remove the top and unscrew the deck by grabbing it with a tissue.

Griffin40

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have that problem all the time. Go get one of those rubber jar lid openners that they have in the food store, that helps me when my hands have no strength (from carpal tunnel) after working all day. Have to use that trick more than I want to admit.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0490.JPG

Matty,
The small rubber banded pipe wrench is your friend.
It's great for when tank fittings want to stick or if you just have "morning hands".

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would definitely pick up a set of those ceramic tweezers with the tank grip section, I am a chronic over tightener lol so I use mine all the time. Hell I don't even use the tweezer end because I have a better set of tweezers but I keep them in my rebuilding kit all the time. If u buy them I swear they will be the best 5 bucks u ever spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would definitely pick up a set of those ceramic tweezers with the tank grip section, I am a chronic over tightener lol so I use mine all the time. Hell I don't even use the tweezer end because I have a better set of tweezers but I keep them in my rebuilding kit all the time. If u buy them I swear they will be the best 5 bucks u ever spent.

I got 4 of them. I already broke one due to not being of great quality. I keep one in my kit as well. They do work great.

BaronVonEyePoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got 4 of them. I already broke one due to not being of great quality. I keep one in my kit as well. They do work great.

Right On man, I always recommend these to everyone I know who vapes. I can't even count how many times I have used my pair to break loose tanks or coils. Best part is that even if they break it's no great loss, just gotta hop over to the local shop and slap down five bucks and get another set.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things that are pretty are born from disgusting places...

Im surprised no one caught on to the Scary Movie reference...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
That totally went over my head...but it's hilarious nonetheless...lol!

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, don't try anything silly or you'll regret it :cry:
Got the same problem with my Aris pro, the rubber stick to the glass with time. But once the top is removed I can grab it firmly with tissue and unscrew it with a bit of force.

What rda is it ?

I'm waiting for my ceramic tweezers. They have a circle to hold on stuck rda. Don't know how good it will work though.
multifunctional-vaper-tweezers-for-e-cigarettes-grey-white-teflon-ceramic-724mm.jpg
this is my favorite tool

VU Sponsors